Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script (/showthread.php?tid=77031)

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - samurai07 - 2012-11-17

Here it works. The recognized artist list is loaded after starting cdartmanager.

I have another problem. I manually added MBIDs from albums which are not automatically found. When I then update the database the formerly changed albums will selected as changed and updated again. With this update the manually added MBIDs are removed. This shouldn't happen.

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - giftie - 2012-11-17

(2012-11-17, 18:42)samurai07 Wrote: I have another problem. I manually added MBIDs from albums which are not automatically found. When I then update the database the formerly changed albums will selected as changed and updated again. With this update the manually added MBIDs are removed. This shouldn't happen.

I'll check it out..

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - Mr. Roboto - 2012-11-17

Very strange, it's working perfectly again for me as well now!!

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - Hallucyn8 - 2012-11-17

(2012-11-16, 22:13)Mr. Roboto Wrote: Hi, I was loving the script up until a couple of days ago but it's completely stopped working for me and I'm not sure what could of changed to make it break.
The script starts fine but when I try to download any art it does nothing. I used the XBMC debugging function and it shows the following error which I'm guessing is the cause of my problems.

ERROR: Exception in python script callback execution
ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
ERROR: File "C:\Users\Vision HT\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.cdartmanager\resources\lib\gui.py", line 1069, in onClick
ERROR: self.recognized_artists = self.album_recognized_artists
ERROR: AttributeError
ERROR: :
ERROR: 'GUI' object has no attribute 'album_recognized_artists'

Any ideas what the issue is and how to fix it? Iv'e tried uninstalling the script, deleting the "AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.cdartmanager" folder and reinstalling but it didn't help.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Does anyone know what is causing this problem? I've had the same issue yesterday and earlier today, it then worked for a while and now seems to be broken again!!

If cdartmanager cannot get the artist list from fanart.tv the script can't set the attribute 'album_recognized_artists'. Then this error occurs. Unfortunatly the user isn't informed that there is a problem with downloading the artist list from fanart.tv.

Suggestion: Saving the downloaded artist list as a backup and use this backup if downloading the artist list run into a failure. Inform the user with a popup that downloading isn't possible at the moment and that the backup is used.

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - Hallucyn8 - 2012-11-17

Does this mean that the problem is with the fanart.tv website then?

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - samurai07 - 2012-11-18

I think so. Maybe the script run into a timeout when fanart.tv is busy. But giftie is the one who can tell us what is happened.

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - Guldan - 2012-11-18

I setup CDart, took a good 8-9 hours to build a database. Was pretty pumped to see the artwork but everything was empty.

Then it started to rebuild the database from scratch!

22:42:54 T:2512 NOTICE: [script.cdartmanager] - Looking for settings.xml
22:42:54 T:2512 NOTICE: [script.cdartmanager] - Addon Work Folder: C:\Users\John\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\script.cdartmanager\
22:42:54 T:2512 NOTICE: [script.cdartmanager] - Addon Database: C:\Users\John\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\script.cdartmanager\l_cdart.db
22:42:54 T:2512 NOTICE: [script.cdartmanager] - Addon settings: C:\Users\John\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\script.cdartmanager\settings.xml
22:42:54 T:2512 NOTICE: [script.cdartmanager] - Addon Work Folder Found, Checking For Database
22:42:54 T:2512 NOTICE: [script.cdartmanager] - Addon Db not found, Must Be First Run
22:42:55 T:2512 NOTICE: ascii
22:42:55 T:2512 NOTICE: [script.cdartmanager] - ############################################################
22:42:55 T:2512 NOTICE: [script.cdartmanager] - # cdART Manager #
22:42:55 T:2512 NOTICE: [script.cdartmanager] - # gui.py module #
22:42:55 T:2512 NOTICE: [script.cdartmanager] - # script.cdartmanager #
22:42:55 T:2512 NOTICE: [script.cdartmanager] - # Giftie #
22:42:55 T:2512 NOTICE: [script.cdartmanager] - # 2.6.5 #
22:42:55 T:2512 NOTICE: [script.cdartmanager] - # Ppic, Reaven, Imaginos, redje, Jair, #
22:42:55 T:2512 NOTICE: [script.cdartmanager] - # Chaos_666, Magnatism, Kode #
22:42:55 T:2512 NOTICE: [script.cdartmanager] - # Thanks for the help... #
22:42:55 T:2512 NOTICE: [script.cdartmanager] - ############################################################
22:42:55 T:2512 NOTICE: [script.cdartmanager] - # Setting up Script
22:42:55 T:2512 NOTICE: [script.cdartmanager] - Addon Db Not Found - Building New Addon Db

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - nagash369 - 2012-11-18

Is it possible to separate the actual music files from the Artwork images (logo, cdart, etc.)?

Actually my setup prevents xbmc from making any changes to my music library, as the files are stored on a network drive with read-only access.
I tried to set the "Path to Music Library" setting of the cdART Manager to a folder xbmc can write to, but the logs indicate, that xbmc still tries to store downloaded cd arts to the read-only drive, side-by-side with the music files and fails.

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - Vaikin - 2012-11-18

Afraid not.

Re: RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - giftie - 2012-11-18

(2012-11-18, 14:38)nagash369 Wrote: Is it possible to separate the actual music files from the Artwork images (logo, cdart, etc.)?

Actually my setup prevents xbmc from making any changes to my music library, as the files are stored on a network drive with read-only access.
I tried to set the "Path to Music Library" setting of the cdART Manager to a folder xbmc can write to, but the logs indicate, that xbmc still tries to store downloaded cd arts to the read-only drive, side-by-side with the music files and fails.

At the moment the script does not allow cdARTs and cover arts to be any where but the album path. This was a decision made since the skin developers had set the plan. I will be adding the option soon though since it will be possible(in the release after Frodo) to set the artwork for music.

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - nagash369 - 2012-11-19

(2012-11-18, 22:16)giftie Wrote:
(2012-11-18, 14:38)nagash369 Wrote: Is it possible to separate the actual music files from the Artwork images (logo, cdart, etc.)?

At the moment the script does not allow cdARTs and cover arts to be any where but the album path. This was a decision made since the skin developers had set the plan. I will be adding the option soon though since it will be possible(in the release after Frodo) to set the artwork for music.

Thanks for your quick answer. Really looking forward for this.

What I do not understand is, what the setting "Path to Music Library" is supposed to do. It seems to have no influence on the functionality.
Or maybe I have overlooked something.

Keep up the great work :)

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - johnmerrick - 2012-11-19

My cdart.png keep going into separate folders to the existing albums.

My current folder structure is /Music (library)/Artist/Album (year)

How do I configure the settings to get the cdart in the existing album folder on my set up?

thanks

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - Ectholian - 2012-11-19

Is there any way to update the database and auto download all arts from a console or crontab?

And how is the addon db kept in sync with the xbmc library, i need to manually update the addon db through gui?

Btw the update to 2.7.7 fixed a lot of problems for me Smile