Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script (/showthread.php?tid=77031)

Re: RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - giftie - 2012-12-24

(2012-12-24, 15:12)kees667 Wrote: Hi,

Thanks for the answer, much appreciated. Still don't understand though that I used to get cdart in the album folder and artist logo somewhere else.

Will now create a path to music library elsewhere and see what happens, will give feedback but must first restore the whole music folder over network which will take some time.

regards

(2012-12-23, 21:52)gibxxi Wrote: If you want a tidy folder structure in your music library you'll be better off storing the art seperately to the music. cdART creates a folder for each "artist" it recognizes. So if you have albums with multiple artists specified, art will be downloaded to their own named folder seperately.

The R.E.M_ issue is because cdART has an option to replace illegal characters AND trailing full-stops / periods in artist names. If this is undesired you can disable it.

Best course of action for storing music is Artist -> Album always. Pick a naming structure, and stick to it. It will cause you less hassle in the long term.

You can't specify multiple art paths (yet) AFAIK. "Path to Music Library (For Artwork)" doesn't have to be with your music, it can be anywhere, as long as it's writable and reachable by XBMC and the skin your using. cdart.png and folder.jpg files are always stored with the music, everything else is via the path you set.

There also may be an error that occurred when your add on database was created. R.E.M. might have ended up the wrong MBID. You can delete the MBID though editing then do an update.

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - hunkyn - 2012-12-25

This is a great script and all of my English collection works without any problem but all of my Indian collection does not work and I have CD scans for most of my albums but for some reason I cannot get the cdart to work properly. I know my folder structure is correct as it works but not the way I wanted it. Here is a screenshot of how it looks for the cdart. I tried to follow the steps in the first post for cdart using gimp as much as possible but I am missing something and it is not working.

Any help or if someone has a video on how to do it that would be great.

http://imgur.com/9pTtq

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - biochip - 2012-12-26

(2012-12-25, 20:45)hunkyn Wrote: This is a great script and all of my English collection works without any problem but all of my Indian collection does not work and I have CD scans for most of my albums but for some reason I cannot get the cdart to work properly. I know my folder structure is correct as it works but not the way I wanted it. Here is a screenshot of how it looks for the cdart. I tried to follow the steps in the first post for cdart using gimp as much as possible but I am missing something and it is not working.

Any help or if someone has a video on how to do it that would be great.

http://imgur.com/9pTtq

go to and register on www.fanart.tv Someone will help you there.

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - gibxxi - 2012-12-26

Your cdart.png images need an alpha channel transparency set if i remember correctly. Yours look like they don't have this set, or it's set incorrectly.

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - solidsatras - 2012-12-26

Did Musicbrainz change something with their servers?
For some strange reason I had problems updating my database and ended up
rebuilding it. But with this database I can´t search for artwork, the buttons simply do nothing?

Here is the log.

And happy holidays giftie, hope you found what you were looking for under the tree Smile

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - giftie - 2012-12-26

(2012-12-26, 10:44)solidsatras Wrote: Did Musicbrainz change something with their servers?
For some strange reason I had problems updating my database and ended up
rebuilding it. But with this database I can´t search for artwork, the buttons simply do nothing?

Here is the log.

And happy holidays giftie, hope you found what you were looking for under the tree Smile

The errors are from fanart.tv not MusicBrainz. Try updating the database again.

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - kees667 - 2012-12-28

Just checking.I've set path to music library to /storage/cd artmgr artwork.

Just scraped cdarts and artist clearlogos. The cd arts (cdart.png) are nicely stored with the actual album (artist\album so Adele\18 but luckily also to my 2pac- greatest hits (one folder, not stored as album\artist as I have only one album here.

If I check /storage/cd artmgr artwork I see a folder per artist with just the artist logo's, not the cdart.

Lucky for me this is just how I want it, but still a little confusing as the setting mentions "artwork" and not artist artwork?

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - solidsatras - 2012-12-28

(2012-12-26, 23:40)giftie Wrote: The errors are from fanart.tv not MusicBrainz. Try updating the database again.

You were right. Now it works again.
Don´t think there is anything new in there but here a the logs of building the database and a search.

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - ekim232 - 2012-12-28

First off I want to say this a great script that I have been using for a long time with no issues.

I am not even sure if it is possible, but I wanted to check. Could this script be written in a simliar way as the artwork downloader script. It would be nice for skinners to be able to add buttons in their skins to launch the script for bulk download or individual images based upon the current listitem selected. For example it would be nice to have button in the information screens to get the cdart and artist logos. I just think it would be a great feature for skinners to have, but again I am not even sure if it is possible.

Re: RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - giftie - 2012-12-28

(2012-12-28, 18:03)ekim232 Wrote: First off I want to say this a great script that I have been using for a long time with no issues.

I am not even sure if it is possible, but I wanted to check. Could this script be written in a simliar way as the artwork downloader script. It would be nice for skinners to be able to add buttons in their skins to launch the script for bulk download or individual images based upon the current listitem selected. For example it would be nice to have button in the information screens to get the cdart and artist logos. I just think it would be a great feature for skinners to have, but again I am not even sure if it is possible.

It will have the ability for a single button press to.download specific artwork. I haven't done much on that side of development recently since how XBMC caches thumbnail now. At the moment it is not possible to set the artwork for music in the database like it is for video(it will be a post frodo addition)

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - AndroiDad75 - 2012-12-29

OK. I am feeling a little dense here, but I don't know how to run this script. I get to the CDArt manager, as in the first screen, but when i try to select automatic download from album cdart or album coverarts, nothing happens. Going to Artist Fanarts, Artist Clearlogos and Artist Banners, I go into automatic download and select album artists and nothing happens. I do the same thing for artist thumbs and it looks like it is going to do something, but just sits there at buffering.

I set up default folders for the artwork. I updated the database, and it went through that ok.

I am just not sure if I am missing a step.

Thanks!!!

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - rdonohoe - 2012-12-30

I am getting a similar problem to above.

Since update to Frodo, CDart manager doesn't have a library of my music. Like if I try do a download nothing happens; the local music counter in the bottom is empty.

If I try an update database, it scan the folders but that's it. However, if I go to the refresh add on button it will scan all the files against MBID but they're not then added to the database.

Any help here, it's very frustrating. Thanks

Re: RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - giftie - 2012-12-30

(2012-12-30, 02:02)rdonohoe Wrote: I am getting a similar problem to above.

Since update to Frodo, CDart manager doesn't have a library of my music. Like if I try do a download nothing happens; the local music counter in the bottom is empty.

If I try an update database, it scan the folders but that's it. However, if I go to the refresh add on button it will scan all the files against MBID but they're not then added to the database.

Any help here, it's very frustrating. Thanks

Help starts when a full debug log is posted. I can't do much with out one.

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - dsiggi - 2012-12-30

(2012-12-23, 20:19)giftie Wrote:
(2012-12-23, 14:12)dsiggi Wrote: Hi,
I have a problem with this script. I cannot start it.
Here some infos to my system:

Distribution: Gentoo Linux x86_64
XBMC-Version: media-tv/xbmc-11.0-r1
cdART Manager Version: 2.7.9

When I start the manager, I get the following message:
Code:
Error
Script-error!:script.cdartmanager

Here is the xbmc.log
Code:
13:13:27 T:140116857186048  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
13:13:27 T:140116857186048   ERROR: Error Type: <type 'exceptions.DeprecationWarning'>
13:13:27 T:140116857186048   ERROR: Error Contents: You cannot use pysqlite2 while depending on version 2.0 of the xbmc.python api. Please use sqlite3 instead.
13:13:27 T:140116857186048   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.cdartmanager/default.py", line 9, in <module>
                                                from pysqlite2 import dbapi2 as sqlite3
                                              File "/usr/share/xbmc/addons/script.module.pysqlite/lib/pysqlite2/__init__.py", line 36, in <module>
                                                raise DeprecationWarning("You cannot use pysqlite2 while depending on version " + str(xbmcapiversion) + " of the xbmc.python api. Please use sqlite3 instead.")
                                            DeprecationWarning: You cannot use pysqlite2 while depending on version 2.0 of the xbmc.python api. Please use sqlite3 instead.

I hope you can help me.

dsiggi

First off. Please post a full log to xbmclogs.com or pastebin

As I need it to see where the script is actually failing

Okay,
here is my full xbmc.log:
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=24836

dsiggi

RE: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script - rdonohoe - 2012-12-30

(2012-12-30, 04:46)giftie Wrote: Help starts when a full debug log is posted. I can't do much with out one.

Sorry, here's one http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=24869