Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] iPhoto Plugin Addon for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Picture Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=150)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] iPhoto Plugin Addon for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=77612)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

RE: [RELEASE] iPhoto Plugin Addon for XBMC - oldgreg - 2013-03-19

The folder has a + not a space

RE: [RELEASE] iPhoto Plugin Addon for XBMC - jingai - 2013-03-19

Does it exist exactly as specified (replacing the space with a plus); that is, does:

Code:
cd /Qmultimedia/Pictures/iPhoto Library.photolibrary//Previews/2013/03/14/20130314-211045/FA6N3u5fQR+XCQpxOlYc9A/

work? And is there a file called IMG_1374.jpg there?

Obviously do this on your NAS. If Qmultimedia isn't at /, prefix the path with wherever it is.

edit: To make absolutely certain.. you're running my iPhoto addon version 2.1.4, correct?

Can you try re-importing your iPhoto Library (selecting <<< Update Library >>>) and then send me the log file again please.

(2013-03-17, 23:26)tom_m12 Wrote: yes indeed my library is referenced.It took me some time to get the paths set-up, but maybe thats still the root cause. From your read me instructions I could note exactly figure out which will be the right path settings. Could you please send me an example. My library is sitting on a NAS with NFS

In the addon settings under General, you would uncheck Managed Library.

Then set the "Local root path to Masters" to the path as seen by the Mac running iPhoto. That is, probably something like /Volumes/MyNAS/Pictures/

Note this is the path to your masters, not to the iPhoto Library.

Set the rewrite path to how this particular machine (the one running XBMC) would access that same path, such as smb://user:[email protected]/Pictures/

where 192.168.1.10 is the IP address of your NAS. Obviously change smb to whatever you use, such as nfs, afp, etc.

(2013-03-19, 14:20)jingai Wrote: Does it exist exactly as specified (replacing the space with a plus); that is, does:

Code:
cd /Qmultimedia/Pictures/iPhoto Library.photolibrary//Previews/2013/03/14/20130314-211045/FA6N3u5fQR+XCQpxOlYc9A/

work? And is there a file called IMG_1374.jpg there?

Obviously do this on your NAS. If Qmultimedia isn't at /, prefix the path with wherever it is.

edit: To make absolutely certain.. you're running my iPhoto addon version 2.1.4, correct?

Can you try re-importing your iPhoto Library (selecting <<< Update Library >>>) and then send me the log file again please.

Yes the images are definitely in the folders specified, with a +

I'm running 2.1.4 for certain.

Re-imported the library as requested. Also selected another image that doesn't display. It also has a + in the last folder name that shows as a space in the log.

http://pastebin.com/g0SR19ev

Thanks.

Unfortunately I really don't know what's going on here. It displays a few other images you have with pluses in their filenames just fine. I think it may just be displaying it like that in the log file..

Last thing I can think to try before I think I'd have to ask you for a copy of your AlbumData.xml (if you want to share it with me): is this maybe a permissions issue on those files?

edit: show me the output of this if you're not sure what I mean by that:

Code:
ls -al /Qmultimedia/Pictures/iPhoto Library.photolibrary//Previews/2013/03/14/20130314-211045/FA6N3u5fQR+XCQpxOlYc9A/

(2013-03-19, 19:24)jingai Wrote: Unfortunately I really don't know what's going on here. It displays a few other images you have with pluses in their filenames just fine. I think it may just be displaying it like that in the log file..

Last thing I can think to try before I think I'd have to ask you for a copy of your AlbumData.xml (if you want to share it with me): is this maybe a permissions issue on those files?

edit: show me the output of this if you're not sure what I mean by that:

Code:
ls -al /Qmultimedia/Pictures/iPhoto Library.photolibrary//Previews/2013/03/14/20130314-211045/FA6N3u5fQR+XCQpxOlYc9A/

Steven-Lloyds-Mac-mini:FA6N3u5fQR+XCQpxOlYc9A lloydy$ ls -al
total 5034
drwx------ 1 lloydy staff 16384 15 Mar 04:39 .
drwx------ 1 lloydy staff 16384 15 Mar 04:38 ..
-rwx------ 1 lloydy staff 4096 14 Mar 21:40 ._IMG_1374.jpg
-rwx------@ 1 lloydy staff 2540257 14 Mar 21:03 IMG_1374.jpg

Seem to be the same as all the others

And you're connecting to the SMB share as 'lloydy', yes?

What do the permissions look like for one of the files that work OK?

(2013-03-19, 20:36)jingai Wrote: And you're connecting to the SMB share as 'lloydy', yes?

What do the permissions look like for one of the files that work OK?

Connecting as lloydy yes

Same permissions as other files

Hrmm.. if you're not opposed to the idea, you can send me either your AlbumData.xml from the iPhoto Library folder or the iphoto.db file from the addon_data folder in XBMC. Unfortunately, since I don't see any consistent pattern (other files with symbols in them seem to work OK for you) and I can't reproduce it here, it's kind of difficult for me to say what's going on..

(2013-03-19, 20:40)jingai Wrote: Hrmm.. if you're not opposed to the idea, you can send me either your AlbumData.xml from the iPhoto Library folder or the iphoto.db file from the addon_data folder in XBMC. Unfortunately, since I don't see any consistent pattern (other files with symbols in them seem to work OK for you) and I can't reproduce it here, it's kind of difficult for me to say what's going on..

PM sent. Thanks

RE: [RELEASE] iPhoto Plugin Addon for XBMC - signal.quest - 2013-05-28

Hello. I have not had much time to get this plugin working recently, but I had a little time today. I get this error in the log when I try to explore events. Can you please help? Thanks.

11:18:37 T:2551663424 ERROR: EXCEPTION: argument "iconImage" for method "XBMCAddon::xbmcgui::ListItem" must be unicode or str
11:18:37 T:2551663424 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.TypeError'>
Error Contents: argument "iconImage" for method "XBMCAddon::xbmcgui::ListItem" must be unicode or str
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/mike/.xbmc/addons/plugin.image.iphoto/addon.py", line 898, in <module>
items = iphoto.list_events()
File "/home/mike/.xbmc/addons/plugin.image.iphoto/addon.py", line 525, in list_events
item = gui.ListItem(name, iconImage=thumbpath, thumbnailImage=thumbpath)
TypeError: argument "iconImage" for method "XBMCAddon::xbmcgui::ListItem" must be unicode or str
-->End of Python script error report<--
11:18:37 T:3007973184 ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.image.iphoto/?action=events
11:18:37 T:3007973184 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.image.iphoto/?action=events) failed

RE: [RELEASE] iPhoto Plugin Addon for XBMC - jingai - 2013-05-28

signal.quest, first of all, what version of XBMC and my plugin are you using?

Second, I'd need to see the complete log. Even better, if you're willing, a copy of your AlbumData.xml from within the iPhoto Library folder would help me identify the cause quickly.

edit: Also, what version of iPhoto?

RE: [RELEASE] iPhoto Plugin Addon for XBMC - signal.quest - 2013-05-29

Jingai, thanks for your help. Is there any privacy concerns to providing the AlbumData.xml? If not, I will provide. How can I get these files to you? Via email? Thanks.

[RELEASE] iPhoto Plugin Addon for XBMC - jingai - 2013-05-29

(2013-05-29, 02:37)signal.quest Wrote: Jingai, thanks for your help. Is there any privacy concerns to providing the AlbumData.xml? If not, I will provide. How can I get these files to you? Via email?

It doesn't contain the images themselves, but it does contain names and geotags if you use the Faces and Places features of iPhoto. I understand if you consider those private.

The best way to send the file would be to post it to a file sharing site (like DropBox) and PM me the link.

If you choose not to send the XML, I will need to see your complete XBMC debug log. Be sure to enable debugging and try the operation that fails for you.

RE: [RELEASE] iPhoto Plugin Addon for XBMC - signal.quest - 2013-06-02

I will be sending you a PM with my files. I am running version 2.1.4 of your software. I am running XBMC 12.2. 32-bit ubuntu. 3.5.0-31 kernel.