[RELEASE] Cirrus - Printable Version
+- XBMC Community Forum (http://forum.xbmc.org)
+-- Forum: Help and Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skin Help and Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Cirrus Extended (/forumdisplay.php?fid=133)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Cirrus (/showthread.php?tid=78118)
- .:B:. - 2010-10-20 07:56
DataFran Wrote:Hi Crookas!
You could also diff the XMLs and patch it back in yourself . Less work for the maintainer.
Crookas, I haven't had any chance to check yet (out of TV for a bit), was my patch of any use to you? I didn't see anything related in your changelog.
- Crookas - 2010-10-20 09:18
.:B:. Wrote:You could also diff the XMLs and patch it back in yourself . Less work for the maintainer.
Yes thanks .:B:. I included your patch in the new release plus a few others I found where the labels were hardcoded rather than localized.
In regards to your comment about the xmls and someone preferring the recently added in 1.1.4 - just replace the new IncludesHomeRecentlyAdded.xml with the old one from the last version.
Thanks for your support .:B:. !!
- .:B:. - 2010-10-20 09:48
Cool . It's the least I can do .
Hope to see your skin soon in the official repos .
- therealjoeblow - 2010-10-20 22:44
Very nice, I'm going to give it a try!
Would also like to see some sort of "Coverflow" view for movies as an alternative to your Fanart View (the fanart is really nice, but the covers are way too small). Transparency! and Backrow both have very nice (but different) implementations.
Would also like to see the TV fanart view support wide-banners across the bottom instead of the show thumbnails, also a similar implementation is in Backrow.
Otherwise this looks really slick and I'm anxious to give it a whirl!
The REAL Joe
- RazorFR - 2010-10-21 19:43
gav1577 Wrote:Hi Crookas great work loving Cirrus. Any idea what happened to the normal bluray covers and the bluray logo? like here in this pic http://img829.imageshack.us/f/27293526.png/
I noticed that too. Quick (and dirt) workaround
Search for Includescodecflagging.xml
or suppress the whole part from
I guess this is a design decision to replace bluray icon by hdv720 hdv1080
Anyway, many thanks crookas this is a beautiful and very clean skin you gave us.
- feerlessleadr - 2010-10-21 19:46
Hi crookas, I may have asked this before but it might have been lost in the shuffle.
Is there anyway to have the skin startup and have the home menu be focused on either TV Shows or Movies?
Right now when I start up it is focused on Programs, near the end of the list.
Thanks again for this awesome skin.
- gav1577 - 2010-10-21 20:27
RazorFR Wrote:I noticed that too. Quick (and dirt) workaround
Thanks RazorFR that saves me some messing about. Btw anyone know how to get the original bluray cases back? not really liking the clear cases.
- therealjoeblow - 2010-10-21 21:52
gav1577 Wrote:Thanks RazorFR that saves me some messing about. Btw anyone know how to get the original bluray cases back? not really liking the clear cases.
Personal preference - I *hate* normal bluray cases :-) The standard clear cases are much better and innocous IMHO.
The REAL Joe
- gav1577 - 2010-10-21 21:55
therealjoeblow Wrote:Personal preference - I *hate* normal bluray cases :-) The standard clear cases are much better and innocous IMHO.
Lol good for you
- therealjoeblow - 2010-10-21 22:07
I tried this skin, and it is *very* nice. I can see it supplanting my current go-to (Transparency) with just a few more tweaks. Here are some of my suggestions, take 'em or leave 'em:
1) Would still like to see Coverflow and Banner mods for both Movie and TV fanart views as I suggested when I first saw the screenshots.
2) When displaying the Movie or TV show detailed info window, it would be better to clear the GUI (except for Fanart) from the previous display, because the text of what was on the OSD previously gets overlain by a new semi-transparent window, which leaves the original OSD/text still somewhat visible and looks messy/distracting
3) Same goes for bringing up the info bar while a movie is paused - it overlays the pause bar which remains semi-visible below and looks messy.
4) When using the "Recenely Added" view for movies, there's only one view available (Wall iirc) - would like all of the same views as with regular library available (including, did I mention, Coverflow? :-).
5) As pointed out in a message just above, the Bluray Icon falls off the OSD, could do a general clean up of icon and info placement in many of the screens, in numerous cases they are either off or inconsistent, but that's likely just a case of early development that will come as things get tweaked.
6) When viewing Movie Info Details, there's no button for Cast like in most other skins - would like to see that functionality
7) Also in Movie and TV Show Details, would like to see the file path/name (helps to troubleshoot network problems with multiple machines that have multiple harddrives in them (I have 4 machines with about 20 HD's serving video via Windblows SMB shares, sometimes I need to know exactly where a particular file is sitting).
That's about all I can remember for now.
I LIKE IT SO FAR!
The REAL Joe