Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way (/showthread.php?tid=78179)

- elitegamer360 - 2010-11-01

ali2k1 Wrote:Hi I've followed your tutorial and been using for two months now without problem.recently I added xbox wireless controller for windows to my htpc and now everytime I'm having to reinstall registry on startup for the xbmc remote to work. Is the wireless receiver for the controller interfering in any way as I don't know where to start fixing this.

Thanks

Try to uninstall the XBOX Wireless controller then restart. Apply your reg settings Restart then see what happens after restarting for a third time.

If your MCE remote setup does not change then yes its your XBOX wireless controller driver software that is interfering with your remotes setup.

Cheers,
EG.

- oskii - 2010-11-01

elitegamer360 Wrote:Oskar! You are Awesome mate Big Grin I love your app! Specially that it can read my current setup and not have to start configuring from scratch Laugh

Would you permit me adding a link to your app and google code host in my First post "Credit will be given of course" Big Grin I really love this tiny app, Fantastic work Nod

Of course you can link to it! Thank you for the original guide, without it I would not been able to make this little utility. Smile

- elitegamer360 - 2010-11-01

oskii Wrote:Of course you can link to it! Thank you for the original guide, without it I would not been able to make this little utility. Smile

Cheers will do Laugh

EDIT: Done in Section 2 :-).

- bigdave50uk - 2010-11-03

Hi guys,

First and foremost thanks Elitegamer360 for all the excellent info in this thread.Big Grin

I'm a xbmc noob looking for some help with getting my remote working. I brought the remote mentioned in the first post from Maplins today, but I think my version might be slightly different. Basically my remote looks exactly he same but has a half crescent moon button instead of a power button.
I've also recently installed xbmc ver 9.12. But when I open up xbmc and press S, I do not get the shutdown menu. I know the menu works because if I press the power icon from within xbmc the menu appears.

My aim is to link my half crescent moon button to the shutdown menu. I've ran showkey and the following is displayed when I press this button:

PHP Code:
<m>Notification(Keym3)</m

I've followed all steps in the original post to setup my remote.

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks
Dave

- bigdave50uk - 2010-11-03

Hi guys,

I've just installed the latest beta release and the shutdown menu works fine

Problem solvedSmile

- elitegamer360 - 2010-11-03

bigdave50uk Wrote:Hi guys,

I've just installed the latest beta release and the shutdown menu works fine

Problem solvedSmile

Cool to hear that it's working now, my remote was broken "my brother F***ed it" and maplin replaced it with a new one like yours lol. Keep your receipt. Laugh

Edit: Remote Picture now updated lol.Rofl and thank you for your compliments made me feel really happy Big Grin

Cheers,
EG.

- elitegamer360 - 2010-11-04

New Updates Online Big Grin

Regisrtry Config v1.23

1- Changed Button "T - Teletext" to send "Ctrl-S". So that we can use the remote to take screenshots. No need for duplication as The red button Already sends "Tab" that toggles video/visualisation to full screen or to the background.

Keyboard.xml v1.75 New Update

1- * Star button Will Update the video Library Database.
2- # Hash button Will Clear the Library Database.

I see my self using library updates and cleaning quite frequently so I thought might as well use the last 2 unassigned buttons on the remote to do just that.

Hopefuly during the weekend I will move to Sourceforge host so that I would not rely on mediafire and other lame adfull hosts.

Cheers,
EG.

- elitegamer360 - 2010-11-07

Now moved files to Sourceforge & hope no more troubles downloading files any more Big Grin

The site aint complete yet but will complete updating it in due time Nod

Note: there are no problems with downloading reg files any more! the file will be downloaded as .reg and not as .txt like it used to be with mediafire. Also I had to zip Keyboard.xml because it kept opening it self in Internet explorer instead of downloading normaly. Zip was a good solution Wink

cheers,
EG.

- NotShorty - 2010-11-09

elitegamer360 Wrote:If the green start button did not work for you first time for some reason, just reapplying the reg file and restarting your PC should do the trick!

if you see this string below then the Green start button is actually "sending CTRL + SHFT+ W"

KeyID 16(0x10) - VK_Shift

Mod Ctrl Shift

"<key id="61456" mod="ctrl,shift">Notification(Key, key id="61456", 3)</key>"

I've been busy and finally had the time to try this. Thanks for the tip, but unfortunately reapplying the reg and restarting didn't work.

Showkey outputs
KeyID 88 (0x58) - VK_X
Mod Ctrl Shift
<x mod="ctrl,shift">Notification(Key, x, 3)</x>

rather than the string that you have listed above. What should I do?

Thank you,
NS

- elitegamer360 - 2010-11-09

NotShorty Wrote:I've been busy and finally had the time to try this. Thanks for the tip, but unfortunately reapplying the reg and restarting didn't work.

Showkey outputs
KeyID 88 (0x58) - VK_X
Mod Ctrl Shift
<x mod="ctrl,shift">Notification(Key, x, 3)</x>

rather than the string that you have listed above. What should I do?

Thank you,
NS

It does not seem that you are using my latest reg config because your setup is sending Ctrl+Shift+X !

OK, we can do this the long way but lets do it the short way for now. Please just answer my questions and do what I suggest.

1- Are you using my latest .reg file v1.23? If so have you made any changes?
2- Is all your remote keys functioning properly except the Green Start button? assuming you are using my latest config v1.23!
3- What XBMC version are you using (Camelot, Dharma etc..)? just out of curiosity, not that important!

Now, please lets just try this:
"The XBMC shortcut on your desktop" Delete it!
##### while still on your desktop just hit_____> Ctrl Shift W [did it do anything]?

NO, then hit_______> Ctrl Shift X [did it do anything]? No, Yes??

hopefully Yes! As It should launch XBMC, if it did then create XBMC shourtcut and set the shortcut key as Ctrl + Shift + X.
NOTE: dont hit "+" it will be shown automatically in the shortcut key Smile

post back with the results, if nothing worked then I'll tell you what to do next Smile

Cheers,
EG.

- NotShorty - 2010-11-15

elitegamer360 Wrote:It does not seem that you are using my latest reg config because your setup is sending Ctrl+Shift+X !

Applied latest reg config from sourceforge, overwrote keymap file with the one from the first post. No change in remote control behavior.

However, your advice gave me an idea. XBMC shortcut saved to taskbar, right click, Properties, click on Shortcut key box, pressed green button, which assigned "Ctrl + Shift + X"

Now it's functioning as intended, Ctrl + Shift + W not needed!

NS

- elitegamer360 - 2010-11-15

I am glad you have it sorted Laugh

Cheers,
EG.

- elitegamer360 - 2010-11-22

Keyboard.xml updated to v1.76

Thanks to the feedback received regarding the Clean Library, now changed To Launch Playlist Menu instead Big Grin

8- # Hash button Launch Playlist Menu "Support for remotes with no Radio button."[/i]

Just download the Keyboard.xml from the front page and replace it with the original and everything will just work.

EDIT: in the coming couple of days will post an updated link in the front page redirecting to my Sourceforge web project host which is still under construction now, I should be able to have more details added that I can't use in my thread because of the 10000 charachter limit. Laugh

Cheers,
EG

- zokstar - 2010-11-23

worked great thanks!!

- elitegamer360 - 2010-11-25

zokstar Wrote:worked great thanks!!

You are Welcome Big Grin

Btw

SITE NOW ONLINE! http://xbmccustomregis.sourceforge.net/

All new updates will go here but will still use this thread for support and update bumps like this one LOL.

Ohhh and Its best to use Maxthon3, Safari, Firefox, iPhone or Google Chrome for best viewing experience, I just could not make Internet Explorer 8 work lools Maybe with IE9 things will be better Rolleyes