Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way (/showthread.php?tid=78179)

- silvine - 2010-12-22

Thanks EG.

Here's a link to the remote I bought:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120547326911

I checked in Device Manger. It doesn't have the eHome Driver installed. Instead it recognises it as a HID compliant consumer device. I tried removing it and unplugging the USB but it won't install the eHome Driver.

Is there somewhere I can download it and force and install or is my device not actually Windows 7 compatible (as advertised).

- elitegamer360 - 2010-12-22

silvine Wrote:Thanks EG.

Here's a link to the remote I bought:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120547326911

I checked in Device Manger. It doesn't have the eHome Driver installed. Instead it recognises it as a HID compliant consumer device. I tried removing it and unplugging the USB but it won't install the eHome Driver.

Is there somewhere I can download it and force and install or is my device not actually Windows 7 compatible (as advertised).

I'm afraid this remote is not 100% configurable, open this Wiki and skip down to near the end and you will find your remote listed as "VRC-1100" I personaly call it nasty as some of its buttons send mouse clicks hence the use of mouse tracker or whatever its called but other people might like it.

Windows 7 has the eHome driver built in and if you can not install it then its not compatible with your remote. I would say your remote is partially compatible but its not fully versatile like the Real RC6 Remotes are. This is kinda hard, it all depends on how you define Compatible, if Compatible is the ultimate use of the eHome Driver then your remote is not compatible etc..

Cheers,
EG.

- silvine - 2010-12-22

Thanks for that. Now that the start button is sorted, all I really want to do is get the volume buttons working. I guess my best bet is to use Event Ghost?

I also set you a PM Tunak.

- jhsrennie - 2010-12-22

silvine Wrote:Thanks for that. Now that the start button is sorted, all I really want to do is get the volume buttons working. I guess my best bet is to use Event Ghost?

You could simply choose two other buttons to adjust the volume. Others have used the * and # buttons since they don't have any other use, or you could use the coloured buttons.

To make editing the keymap easier grab my keymap aditor from http://xbmcmce.sourceforge.net/.

JR

- elitegamer360 - 2010-12-22

Tunak Wrote:i have done my homework Wink

EventGhost was not working so good i was expected. after all i have changed the keyboard.xml to my remote commands read by ShowKeys (my remote is sending some commands - keyboard presses otherway like the original MCE Remote) and all functions are ok now. it was the only way to controll the XBMC - no reg file, no 3rd party sw. thx for your help.

silvine Wrote:Thanks for that. Now that the start button is sorted, all I really want to do is get the volume buttons working. I guess my best bet is to use Event Ghost?

Guys I was not happy by just giving up! If you do not have an eHome MCE compatible driver then REJOICE, I have successfully written a very simple little script that will blind the APP_COMMANDS that your remote sends and replace them with a keyboard strokes that XBMC understand.

If you want to test it let me know, no need to map other buttons or use Eventghost! YES you will be able to use your Volume & mute buttons after all Laugh however other buttons like GUIDE, RECORDED TV, and DVD MENU might send only the raw input i.e. "WM_INPUT" that only hinders the "HID compliant consumer device" It all depends on what your remote can/can't do.

leme know if interested will post the code and instructions here.

Cheers,
EG.

- silvine - 2010-12-23

That would be great! Post away. I am not too bothered about the other buttons but I'd love to have the volume controls working

- elitegamer360 - 2010-12-23

silvine Wrote:That would be great! Post away. I am not too bothered about the other buttons but I'd love to have the volume controls working

OK then, If you use the autohotkey start button then just make sure that you use my latest config v1.24.reg so the correct mapping work for the volume buttons and if you do not have Autohotkey then install it on your system.

create a new notepad document and name it anything you want i.e "Blind_WM_VOL_COMMANDS" for example lol

copy this code and paste it back in the notepad document. Make sure you save it as *.ahk at the end and not .txt
Code:
Volume_Up::F10
Volume_Down::F9
Volume_Mute::F8

place it in your Windows all users startup folder, then double click it to activate it and hey XBMC responds to your volume and mute buttons now :-)

every time you restart your PC the script will automatically activate and blind the volume app commands. Such a small code but does the job well I think.

Cheers,
EG.

- silvine - 2010-12-23

Worked perfectly. I salute you sir. Many thanks!

silvine Wrote:Worked perfectly. I salute you sir. Many thanks!

Glad to hear that :-) let me know if you have another button that you want to map that can send a WM_Command, I might be able to find a workaround for it using autohotkey.

Cheers,
EG.

- silvine - 2010-12-23

Is it possible to change the info button to i? Or live TV to zoom?

No prob if not. Remote is working great now.

silvine Wrote:Is it possible to change the info button to i? Or live TV to zoom?

No prob if not. Remote is working great now.

Tell me what the info button sends, also tell me what the Live TV & Zoom button sends then I'll let you know. Use showkey to find out what they send.

EDIT: Does the info send mouse click? IF yes let me know which one left or right.

Cheers,
EG.

- silvine - 2010-12-23

The info button right mouse clicks so I am guessing it can't be changed.

Here are the others I pressed that I've no use for.

<t mod="ctrl">Notification(Key, t, 3)</t> ; live tv' or 84 (0x54)-vk_t
<m mod="ctrl,shift">Notification(Key, m, 3)</m>; dvd
<b mod="ctrl,shift">Notification(Key, b, 3)</b>; recorded tv 79(0x4f)-vk_0
<t mod="ctrl,shift">Notification(Key, t, 3)</t>; yellow button
<browser_home>Notification(Key, browser_home, 3)</browser_home>; e button at the top left of my remote

It'd be great if I could bind one button to zoom and another to favourites.

Also when I pause a video and exit to the main navigation pane of XBMC I can see the video on the bottom right corner of the XBMC navigation pane. Is there anyway to bind a button to jump straight back to the video (preferably the 'e' button'? Normally, I just click on my videos and navigate to the video and 'resume' playback.

EDIT: I am not sure what the zoom button on my remote is.

EDIT: I included the keyboard codes for Live and Recorded TV as I am not sure if I am mixing them up

silvine Wrote:The info button right mouse clicks so I am guessing it can't be changed.

Here are the others I pressed that I've no use for.

<t mod="ctrl">Notification(Key, t, 3)</t> ; live tv
<b mod="ctrl,shift">Notification(Key, b, 3)</b>; recorded tv
<browser_home>Notification(Key, browser_home, 3)</browser_home>; e button at the top left of my remote

It'd be great if I could bind one button to zoom and another to favourites.

Also when I pause a video and exit to the main navigation pane of XBMC I can see the video on the bottom right corner of the XBMC navigation pane. Is there anyway to bind a button to jump straight back to the video (preferably the 'e' button'? Normally, I just click on my videos and navigate to the video and 'resume' playback.

Ahhh, this is very easy now you can do it yourself! cant you? Laugh

for those buttons:
Code:
<t mod="ctrl">Notification(Key, t, 3)</t> ; live tv
<b mod="ctrl,shift">Notification(Key, b, 3)</b>; recorded tv
you can read my step by step remapping tutorial, I just wrote it yesterday!

and for this one:<browser_home>Notification(Key, browser_home, 3)</browser_home>; e button at the top left of your remote

just copy this code and paste it in the .ahk file below the other volume scripts I gave you earlier; I also recomend you use my Keyboard.xml v1.76
Code:
Browser_Home::tab
This script should restore your video back to full screen.
Save and exit, right click on the autohotkey icon "the one for blind" in the windows taskbar and select Reload this Script.

Any issues let me know, I'm going to bed now. NightBig Grin

Cheers,
EG.

- silvine - 2010-12-23

Got it all working. Thanks for the help.

silvine Wrote:Got it all working. Thanks for the help.

Hey silvine, you are welcome Big Grin

Listen yesterday I did not say anything about the info/i button because I knew It will send a Rightmouse click, so there was no point giving you the script for it to add to the blind ones that I gave you yesterday. Becuase if you added it to them it will take effect in all and any windows screen hence will disable your mouse button, also the disadvantage of it that you might need to disable or enable the script each time you start XBMC which is a NO NO, at least from my point of view.

Well I just come back home and I have written a script that solves the problem above, its kinda simple but a bit more complicated than the one from yesterday. Basicly it will solve the right mouse button problem! And your WM_command buttons including the mouse button will work very well in XBMC and will work like normal out side XBMC :-) i.e out side XBMC "HID compliant consumer device" will take charge.

This is kinda good because as I can see it completley solves the "HID compliant consumer device" incompatiblity problems. I have another ideas in the bag but will reveal in due time. I do not want to spill the beans one time and then find bigger issues at hand :-)

If you are still interested in testing for me I'll post the code here. Wink

Cheers,
EG.