Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way (/showthread.php?tid=78179)

- silvine - 2011-01-22

I redownloaded the file and followed the MCEremotemapper steps. Curiously Windows Media Centre only seems to start if I open XBMC and exit. Then when I press the start button Media Centre will appear. It doesn't seem to happen all the time.

I took out that folder from my keymaps directory too.

- elitegamer360 - 2011-01-22

silvine Wrote:I redownloaded the file and followed the MCEremotemapper steps. Curiously Windows Media Centre only seems to start if I open XBMC and exit. Then when I press the start button Media Centre will appear. It doesn't seem to happen all the time.

I took out that folder from my keymaps directory too.

It's not curious or anything :-) your remote does not use the eHome Driver therefore it can never act like one, no matter what hacks or mods I do there will always be a flaw in the remote functionality.

If you want perfect functionality then get an RC6 Remote Wink

Cheers,
EG.

- silvine - 2011-01-22

I can't justify buying another remote. I'll disable Windows Media Centre entirely. I take it that won't affect XBMC?

- elitegamer360 - 2011-01-22

silvine Wrote:I can't justify buying another remote. I'll disable Windows Media Centre entirely. I take it that won't affect XBMC?

Yes, you can do that and no it will not affect XBMC.

Cheers,
EG.

- softfree - 2011-01-23

i have a hp mce remote. i try to remap my green button to delete a file. i'm using MCERemoteMapper program. i click delete key . do i have to check any shift,alt,control, windows combination to made it work? thanks

- sajberman - 2011-01-23

I need some expert help on this...
I want to be able to use the MCE remote blue button to set shuffle music playlist on/Off when in music playlist mode.
According to the elitegamer360 reg hack 1.23 the blue button sends "w". I guess i should connect w to the xbmc function "PlayerControl(command)"
and should be "PlayerControl(Random)"

Like this <w>PlayerControl(Random)</w>

Is this correct and where should i put it in the keyboard.xml?
Have i got this all wrong? can anybody guide to the correct way to do this?

- elitegamer360 - 2011-01-23

softfree Wrote:i have a hp mce remote. i try to remap my green button to delete a file. i'm using MCERemoteMapper program. i click delete key . do i have to check any shift,alt,control, windows combination to made it work? thanks

No, you do not have to check any of the modifer combinations. You can just select "delete" from the dropdown menu in MCERemoteMapper, click apply to save then exit and restart.

Cheers,
EG.

sajberman Wrote:I need some expert help on this...
I want to be able to use the MCE remote blue button to set shuffle music playlist on/Off when in music playlist mode.
According to the elitegamer360 reg hack 1.23 the blue button sends "w". I guess i should connect w to the xbmc function "PlayerControl(command)"
and should be "PlayerControl(Random)"

Like this <w>PlayerControl(Random)</w>

Is this correct and where should i put it in the keyboard.xml?
Have i got this all wrong? can anybody guide to the correct way to do this?

Yes, this should work but put <w>PlayerControl(Random)</w> inside the <MyMusicPlaylist> and <MyMusicPlaylistEditor> sections of the keyboard.xml this way you will still retain the watch/unwatch toggle functionality when browsing your videos. So the blue button will be doing two specific functions in two different views. Big Grin

Edit: I forgot to mention that for turning off "random" you need another button set to "RandomOff", for random on its better to use "Random" per above example, so every time you press the blue button the music will be shuffled, but "Random on" cant shuffle, only turns the feature on :-)

Cheers,
EG.

- softfree - 2011-01-23

elitegamer360 Wrote:No, you do not have to check any of the modifer combinations. You can just select "delete" from the dropdown menu in MCERemoteMapper, click apply to save then exit and restart.

Cheers,
EG.

i have tried already. i won't work in video/music library. i thought i need modifier combination. i look up xbmc wiki i need del instead delete in the drop down but i can't find it. any more advise?

softfree Wrote:i have tried already. i won't work in video/music library. i thought i need modifier combination. i look up xbmc wiki i need del instead delete in the drop down but i can't find it. any more advise?

Del is Delete, anyways I thought you want to do this in Windows explorer! Why do you want to delete stuff from video/music library? What are you trying to accomplish? Do you know deleting files from XBMC will permanently remove files from your hard disk! Thats why it does not work by default.

there is an option in XBMC that will enable you to delete files. System_> Apperance_> File lists_. ENABLE "Allow file renaming and deletion"

Note: that delete will only work in file mode, if you want to remove something from library just use "Clear Library" in System_> Settings_> Videos_> Library_.

Cheers,
EG.

- ashlar - 2011-01-23

elitegamer360 Wrote:Note: that delete will only work in file mode, if you want to remove something from library just use "Clear Library" in System_> Settings_> Videos_> Library_.
No. If you want to remove something you use contextual menu and "Remove from library". If you want to remove everything you use the option you mentioned.

- softfree - 2011-01-23

elitegamer360 Wrote:Del is Delete, anyways I thought you want to do this in Windows explorer! Why do you want to delete stuff from video/music library? What are you trying to accomplish? Do you know deleting files from XBMC will permanently remove files from your hard disk! Thats why it does not work by default.

there is an option in XBMC that will enable you to delete files. System_> Apperance_> File lists_. ENABLE "Allow file renaming and deletion"

Note: that delete will only work in file mode, if you want to remove something from library just use "Clear Library" in System_> Settings_> Videos_> Library_.

Cheers,
EG.

thanks for your quick response. in video/music mode i just want to delete tv show/music file after i watch instead i press three time button to delete a file. i want to the yellow button to delete and confirm in two press.

- softfree - 2011-01-23

ashlar Wrote:No. If you want to remove something you use contextual menu and "Remove from library". If you want to remove everything you use the option you mentioned.

but i have to press three time on the remote button instead of two.

softfree Wrote:thanks for your quick response. in video/music mode i just want to delete tv show/music file after i watch instead i press three time button to delete a file. i want to the yellow button to delete and confirm in two press.

You are welcome, thanks for the clear up. So does that mean you have it sorted now :-)

Cheers,
EG.

- Torroa - 2011-01-23

Has probably been mentioned earlier, but i use the [end] command to put the machine in standby. It works OK when I am at the home menu, but if I am in the other menus the [end] function just scrolls to the bottom of the list.

Any easy tweak to make it standby where ever I am navigating?