Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way (/showthread.php?tid=78179)

- TheFonz - 2011-02-11

elitegamer360 Wrote:Please follow this thread, although nothing is new in it but I will be posting an update "when finished" there as it is the specific thread for PDVD, WMC setup. :-)

Cheers,
EG.

I'm going to give editing my own reg file a go.
Do I only need to change the reg file or does the autokey script need to change as well?

- elitegamer360 - 2011-02-11

TheFonz Wrote:I'm going to give editing my own reg file a go.
Do I only need to change the reg file or does the autokey script need to change as well?

The link you posted that has PDVD keyboard shortcuts will make the remote unusable outside PDVD. If you want to go ahead then do it! All you need is to edit the registry settings with the codes that you want.

I have not pinpointed the source of the problem yet as I haven't had the time to look at it yet. Anyways if you sort it out then great but if you can't then I'm planning to release a fix on Sunday and that's if its possible, as I'm not entirely sure where the problem is! It could be a simple comma missing in the script somewhere, I do not know!

I hope I'll figure it out on Sunday.

Cheers,
EG.

- steppedup - 2011-02-11

elitegamer360 Wrote:When I press the "Left, right, up and down" navigation buttons they act exactly like my keyboard directional buttons i.e. Starting slow then speeding up, this should be happening by default in windows unless windows own keyboard settings was changed. The speed and the rate of repeat can be controlled from within Windows Keyboard settings, but I guess you might have other problem here!

How does your remote navigation buttons act in XBMC? Do they scroll one step and stop then you have to press again for another step and so on? Or is it just a continuous slow scrolling with out stuttering or going faster like it should normally do?

Cheers,
EG.

Thanks EG, after your confirming that was abnormal behavior on the part of my system, I did some more troubleshooting and got it working perfectly!

Turns out that Intelliremote was still installed and was Launching on reboot.

The slow behavior of my remote was because of how Intelliremote handles hooking into Windows. I originally went with Intelliremote because it was a click and done solution - but it has a fatal flaw in not being able to scroll fast enough.

Just in case anyone else is wondering - here's what else I did to get this to work:

1. Reinstalled the EventGhost MCE Remote plug-in (this time leaving unchecked Disable HID).
  2. Killed the Intelliservice from running in Windows Services.
  3. Uninstalled EventGhost and Intelliremote.
  4. Rebooted.

Thanks again for the help!!!!

- TheFonz - 2011-02-11

elitegamer360 Wrote:I hope I'll figure it out on Sunday.
EG, Thanks for that, I will wait to see what you can come up with on Sunday.
Much appreciated.
-Fonz

- elitegamer360 - 2011-02-11

steppedup Wrote:Thanks EG, after your confirming that was abnormal behavior on the part of my system, I did some more troubleshooting and got it working perfectly!

Turns out that Intelliremote was still installed and was Launching on reboot.

The slow behavior of my remote was because of how Intelliremote handles hooking into Windows. I originally went with Intelliremote because it was a click and done solution - but it has a fatal flaw in not being able to scroll fast enough.

Just in case anyone else is wondering - here's what I else did to get this to work:

1. reinstalled the EventGhost MCE Remote plug-in (this time leaving unchecked Disable HID)
  2. killed the Intelliservice from running in Windows Services
  3. Uninstalled EventGhost and Intelliremote.
  4. Rebooted.

Thanks again for the help!!!!

Thank you so much for your invaluable feedback :-)

You are the best person yet to report back on the problem/solution and apps causing the issue :-)

If you read my thread back to back you will find out people only report problems as expected "incompetent" I say, but not pointing the finger at all of them as it is sometimes a bug or a problem from my side. Although minority report success but thats ok as i can find out rates of success ratios from the downloads rates easily. And when their problems are fixed you'll never hear from them again although I sometimes tell them to report back but to no avail :-)

Thank you so much again,
EG.

- elitegamer360 - 2011-02-13

TheFonz Wrote:EG, Thanks for that, I will wait to see what you can come up with on Sunday.
Much appreciated.
-Fonz

see here

Cheers,
EG.

- tormi - 2011-02-17

elitegamer360 Wrote:I will be interested to find out what happens in your system when you press the Videos and the Radio button.

It will be great if you can "temporarily" do this for me:
1- remove my keyboard.xml from the userdata folder and put it back in the System folder
2- Launch XBMC and enable Debug log
3- Press the Videos and Radio buttons
4- Close XBMC then please post back the debug log in here using Pastebin.com
5- You can return the keyboard.xml to Userdata folder now.
6- In your next XBMC run do not forget to Disable the debug log Big Grin

the log file should be here "C:\Users\Elite\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\xbmc.log"

Many thanks,
EG.

Hi Elitegamer! I do understand your little rant about people not giving feedback. I definitively wanted to do this, I have just been extra busy. Anyways here is my answer to what you asked:

Radio (tv show) button takes me nowhere when I push the button.

Video takes me to movies.

I did remove the keyboard file from userdata and placed it in system folder.

Pastebin -> http://pastebin.com/xCYmzvzs

Hopes this helps. Please ask if I can do anything else, but I leave for vacation, and I'll be back Monday.

Thanks again for your awesome work.

- elitegamer360 - 2011-02-17

tormi Wrote:Hi Elitegamer! I do understand your little rant about people not giving feedback. I definitively wanted to do this, I have just been extra busy. Anyways here is my answer to what you asked:

Radio (tv show) button takes me nowhere when I push the button.

Video takes me to movies.

I did remove the keyboard file from userdata and placed it in system folder.

Pastebin -> http://pastebin.com/xCYmzvzs

Hopes this helps. Please ask if I can do anything else, but I leave for vacation, and I'll be back Monday.

Thanks again for your awesome work.

Thank you for taking the time to do it, I really appreciate it.

Cheers,
EG.

- tormi - 2011-02-18

Thats the least I could do.

If I knew it was this easy to do it I must admit I would have found time to do it quicker.

Anyways keep up the good work. Did you find anything interesting in the log file btw?

- elitegamer360 - 2011-02-18

tormi Wrote:Thats the least I could do.

If I knew it was this easy to do it I must admit I would have found time to do it quicker.

Anyways keep up the good work. Did you find anything interesting in the log file btw?

Yes, It kind of interesting because your XBMC actually detects the correct command from keyboard.xml in the system folder but it does not apply it correctly for some reason. It although tries to load the correct MyVideoNav.xml but "CVideoDatabase" queries the Movies section instead of the TVshows Database for some reason.

it seems to detect this:
CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory (videodb://1/2/)
..........................ParentPath = [videodb://1/2/]

instead of this:
CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory (videodb://2/2/)
..........................ParentPath = [videodb://2/2/]

also

It does this:
CVideoDatabase::GetSetsNav query: SELECT sets.idSet,sets.strSet,COUNT(1)
etc.......

instead of Doing this:
CVideoDatabase::GetTvShowsByWhere query: SELECT tvshow.*,path.
etc.......

Not claiming to be a debug log expert but your XBMC seems to get confused if you put Keyboard.xml in the System folder instead of the Userdata folder. Why? I do not know.

It just does not happen to any of my 3 sort of identical Monster systems.

Cheers,
EG.

- pontare001 - 2011-02-19

Hi!

I have a problem. Nothing new in this thread... Smile
Applied your Registry Config v1.24 and Keyboard.xml v1.81 and GSB installed.
I have a RC6 MCE remote, win7 x64, xbmc10 and two displays, the second display (a 60" plasma ) is for xbmc usage.
I start xbmc with a .bat-file, found here at this forum somewhere, that opens xbmc on the plasma in Full screen #2 mode. This works just fine.
My first problem is that I can not cycle subtitles inside .mkv files or .avi or whatever ( I am from Sweden). I get either english subs or subs disabled
when I push the Live TV button. If I push the DVD Menu button and try to go to the Audio and subtitle settings "popup" the volume bar is
disabled so I can not "go" into that window to change subtitles.
If I start xbmc on my computer and set the audio options to analog and direct sound to the computers speakers then I can cycle subs as supposed
in both ways. But this is not an option for me.
My second problem is that the GSB button don't work, maybe because I want it to start on my second display?

Can You solve my problems Elitegamer360?
I would be so lucky Smile

- elitegamer360 - 2011-02-19

pontare001 Wrote:.....
Can You solve my problems Elitegamer360?
I would be so lucky Smile

Welcome to XBMC forum :-)

1- XBMC Always remebers the last Screen it was on, So if you start it on screen 2 it will always start on screen 2 unless screen 2 is disabled then it will start on Screen 1. I also set XBMC to start in screen2 in one of my systems using the GSB script with no issues

2- If you want to use my GSB script then you do not need to use any .bat files "I do not know whats in the .bat file, but it might interfere with my script". My GSB script is capable of starting XBMC, focus it and act as home jump when on any XBMC view, just do not forget to install Autohotkey and put the GSB script in the All users startup folder. "Clear insrtuctions on my site" you also need to double click on the GSB script to activate it for the first time.

3- You can not Cycle between subtitles becuase you do not have the coloured buttons on your remote i.e. "red, green, yellow blue". The Green button currently "cycle subtitles" so what you need to do is remap the "live TV" button to "L" instead of the current "T".

4- Download MceRemoteMapper from my site, open it and scroll down to "Live TV" button and from the Dropdown menu select "L" instead of "T"

5- Click on Apply to SAVE, exit and restart. Now you should be able to cycle subtitles and disable them as well from the "live TV" button.

Cheers,
EG.

Wonderful !

The subtitles now work as they should, that was the most important issue. THANK YOU !!!
The GSB however does not work, it starts xbmc at my computers diplay Sad
Here is the xbmc.bat file that I use to start it on screen#2:

@echo off
C:\Windows\System32\DisplaySwitch.exe /extend
start /WAIT xbmc.exe
C:\Windows\System32\DisplaySwitch.exe /external

I have placed the .ahk file in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
but You say that it should be in the Startup folder for all users, I don't understand that because this is two different places for me ??
I am confused !!! Confused

- elitegamer360 - 2011-02-19

pontare001 Wrote:Wonderful !

The subtitles now work as they should, that was the most important issue. THANK YOU !!!
You are Welcome :-)

pontare001 Wrote:The GSB however does not work, it starts xbmc at my computers diplay Sad
Here is the xbmc.bat file that I use to start it on screen#2:

@echo off
C:\Windows\System32\DisplaySwitch.exe /extend
start /WAIT xbmc.exe
C:\Windows\System32\DisplaySwitch.exe /external

I have placed the .ahk file in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
but You say that it should be in the Startup folder for all users, I don't understand that because this is two different places for me ??
I am confused !!! Confused

Ok from the bat file i see that you want to automate the process of enabling your second screen2 and then starting XBMC.

Now you can still use your bat file if you want and the GSB script will only bring XBMC to focus and activate Home screen. Thats completely fine nothing wrong with your current setup.

Now i do not see what is the problem here I told you if you try to start XBMC when screen2 is not active then XBMC will start in Screen1.

The GSB script does not take care of monitor or TV switching so that is an expected behaviour from the script.

But if you want the GSB to Switch screens "enable second screen" and then start XBMC then that is completely different to what the GSB can currently do.

Well sometime ago I have created an ahk script for myself that i never shared before! I assigned it to one of my remote buttons so when i press a button it will activate second screen then i can launch XBMC using GSB.

After i finish with XBMC I simply close XBMC then press the switch button again to disable my second monitor etc...

Btw do not worry about the startup folder, as long as you are the only one using the Media center then the location of the startup folder does not matter.

Cheers,
EG.

Ok, I am very pleased that You helped me with the sub issue anyway Nod
Is there a way to map the Green button (Start) to go to the Home window or maybe any other useful command (Your choice? ) ? Big Grin