Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way (/showthread.php?tid=78179)

- TeKo - 2012-01-19

I am using the same IR Receiver but with a Harmony 700.
My main problem is that when I use the off button my HTPC goes to sleep but I want it to turn of.
Is there an easy way to change that?
The button mapping itself should be changeable in XBMC with the keyboard.xml?

Nevermind - malibu327 - 2012-01-20

@EliteGamer360- Ok nevermind on this. I'm setting all of this up and I have a test XMBC pc and I have my file server which is what will be hosting my XBMC. The remote wasnt working on my test box but when I tried it on my actualy XBMC box it works fine. The scripts you posted I'm using and it is awesome. If you do get a chance to reply to this, I would like to program the buttons at the top of the remote to certain things in XBMC. I'll keep checking this forum. If not, that's fine, you have done plenty for the community. Thanks for all your help.

malibu327 Wrote:@EliteGamer360-On page 25 you worked with guy that bought this remote.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120547326911
Well unfortunately I did to. If I would have found this thread, it wouldnt have happened. I know you seem to have a full plate with all of us on here but if you have time I would love to have your help. I have the green start button, volume buttons, mute buttons, and "I" info buttons work with the auto hot key software and scripts you wrote(Thank you). I installed the registry file you noted on page 26 and replaced my keyboard.xml in the users/appdate folder. ALL my buttons that I want to work do work except.....The play, pause, stop, forward, and backward button. I read from page 25 till page 45 or so and it seem that the guy with this remote was happy and the info on this remote faded away.

With all that said, I ran the showkey.exe program and I was gonna try to just put it in the ahk script but showkey doesnt bring up anything when I press any of these buttons. Before I started doing any remote setup/config to my remote these were about the only buttons that worked in XBMC.

- elitegamer360 - 2012-01-21

bilbon0bud Wrote:Hello I have a Remote MCE RC6 under Win7 x64 and Eden Beta 1.
the remote works well except for sms style.
the key 2,7,9 works well, the key 6 reduce volume and 3,4,5,8 does nothing.
i don't understand. I follow the proces from the first page.
Thanks for your help.

I know your remote is an MCE RC6 but which one, can you give me an idea which one are we dealing with please?

Now what exactly did you do? did you use Auto install or you manually installed xbmccustomregis settings? I need to know what did you exactly do Smile

I have Win7 x64 and XBMC Eden Beta 1 and all is working fine :-)

Cheers,
EG.

malibu327 Wrote:@EliteGamer360- Ok nevermind on this. I'm setting all of this up and I have a test XBMC pc and I have my file server which is what will be hosting my XBMC. The remote wasnt working on my test box but when I tried it on my actualy XBMC box it works fine. The scripts you posted I'm using and it is awesome. If you do get a chance to reply to this, I would like to program the buttons at the top of the remote to certain things in XBMC. I'll keep checking this forum. If not, that's fine, you have done plenty for the community. Thanks for all your help.

I am sorry for not beening able to help you in time, I was quite busy as usuall and the forum subscription email notifications failed to notify me about the new posts on my thread Huh I just checked now and it seems its not very reliable all the time Oo . I do not know why I am notified of some post but not others, I'll be raising this in the "Forum issues" sections soon!

Anyways apart from that, I hope you have sorted out your issues by finding previous similar posts to your remote. Are your "play, pause, stop, forward, and back buttons" working Now? I have always recommend that people should install the latest Keyboard.xml or ahk scripts on my site or the first page of this thread except of course any .ahk fix scripts for specific remotes like yours.

If all is sorted then a very big well done for your own efforts not many can figure this out easily with a huge thread like this one Big Grin I am thinking whenever I have good free time, I will make sections on the first page of the thread to include the fix scripts that people might need for specific remotes instead of searching the full thread for hours!

And about the buttons at the top of your remote, any help you might need then fire away Wink

Cheers,
EG.

TeKo Wrote:I am using the same IR Receiver but with a Harmony 700.
My main problem is that when I use the off button my HTPC goes to sleep but I want it to turn of.
Is there an easy way to change that?
The button mapping itself should be changeable in XBMC with the keyboard.xml?

What you are saying that if you press the off button on your Harmony 700 your HTPC sleeps! if yes, then your remote sends a raw command to the PC to make it sleep! The button itself needs to be changed by using registry I think! I said it tens of times I, I never used or owned a "harmony" remote.

You can set one of your remote buttons to send "s" this will open up the shutdown menu! From the "Shutdown Menu" you can select what you want XBMC to do "Quit, Shutdown or restart etc..." all the options are configurable from XBMC power settings in system. TBH this is the easiest option to do.

If you want the off button on the harmony to do something else then let me know :-)

Cheers,
EG.

- bilbon0bud - 2012-01-22

elitegamer360 Wrote:I know your remote is an MCE RC6 but which one, can you give me an idea which one are we dealing with please?

Now what exactly did you do? did you use Auto install or you manually installe settings? I need to know what did you exactly do Smile

I have Win7 x64 and XBMC Eden Beta 1 and all is working fine :-)

Cheers,
EG.

Hello
the remote is a Pinnacle MCE RC6, Black.
I use the XBMCCustomregis Setup v1.2.14, install then Autohotkey with the first installer and i choose x64.

When I saw that the key pad doesn't work totally i follow the manual procédure at the beginning of this topic.

Thankx.

PS: before everything i have install the MCE plugins and delete it.

- vettenchopper - 2012-01-22

malibu327 Wrote:@EliteGamer360-On page 25 you worked with guy that bought this remote.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120547326911
Well unfortunately I did to. If I would have found this thread, it wouldnt have happened. I know you seem to have a full plate with all of us on here but if you have time I would love to have your help. I have the green start button, volume buttons, mute buttons, and "I" info buttons work with the auto hot key software and scripts you wrote(Thank you). I installed the registry file you noted on page 26 and replaced my keyboard.xml in the users/appdate folder. ALL my buttons that I want to work do work except.....The play, pause, stop, forward, and backward button. I read from page 25 till page 45 or so and it seem that the guy with this remote was happy and the info on this remote faded away.

With all that said, I ran the showkey.exe program and I was gonna try to just put it in the ahk script but showkey doesnt bring up anything when I press any of these buttons. Before I started doing any remote setup/config to my remote these were about the only buttons that worked in XBMC.

Is your remote working now? If not go into Control Panel - Administrative Tools - Services and scroll down to Human interface Device Access and set this to start automatically. Without this set to automatic media keys like start, stop, run, pause etc do not work on remotes or keyboards. Hope this helps.

- Solidus82 - 2012-01-24

Hi All,

Im using XBMC with a MCE remote and I need some help. The remote works fine, except for a few buttons (such as info/i). I followed the tutorials to get it to work and ive managed to get it to work but I've found that it has completely changed all my Media Player Classic - Home Cinema shortcuts. (I use MPC-HC as an external player). It took me a while to configure the shortcuts in MPC-HC and I really dont want to set them all up again. Is there any way to use all the buttons on the remote without it changing all my MPCHC shortcuts?

I'm using Win7 64bit Ultimate, a HP MCE Remote, and a Microsoft eHome Infrared Transceiver

Thanks

- elitegamer360 - 2012-01-25

bilbon0bud Wrote:Hello
the remote is a Pinnacle MCE RC6, Black.
I use the XBMCCustomregis Setup v1.2.14, install then Autohotkey with the first installer and i choose x64.

When I saw that the key pad doesn't work totally i follow the manual procédure at the beginning of this topic.

Thankx.

PS: before everything i have install the MCE plugins and delete it.

I advise you install uninstall XBMCCustomregis Setup v1.2.14 using the setup it self and install it again. Make sure you have at least XBMC 10.1 or EDEN Beta 1 installed.

Cheers,
EG.

- elitegamer360 - 2012-01-25

Solidus82 Wrote:Hi All,

Im using XBMC with a MCE remote and I need some help. The remote works fine, except for a few buttons (such as info/i). I followed the tutorials to get it to work and ive managed to get it to work but I've found that it has completely changed all my Media Player Classic - Home Cinema shortcuts. (I use MPC-HC as an external player). It took me a while to configure the shortcuts in MPC-HC and I really dont want to set them all up again. Is there any way to use all the buttons on the remote without it changing all my MPCHC shortcuts?

I'm using Win7 64bit Ultimate, a HP MCE Remote, and a Microsoft eHome Infrared Transceiver

Thanks

You need to use this setup in here instead of XBMCCUSTOMREGIS!

it been mentioned thousands of times in here and its also available on the first thread :-)

Cheers,
EG.

- malibu327 - 2012-01-25

@vettenchopper yes it is working fine. Thanks for your response.
@elitegamer I have the keyboard file you speak of installed on my test machine and the play pause stop etc... do not work. Majority of the buttons on this remote work out of the package on Win 7 64 bit. I ought to post my scripts I have written along with what you have so we can make one post for this cheap clone remote. I have every thing set up like I like it now so I'm happy. I have a friend ordering one too. I started to tell him to get a rc6 remote but I have everything ready for this one. Again, thanks for the help you two. Smile

- publicENEMY - 2012-01-26

fezster Wrote:That's right, edit the .ahk script (Click AutoHotKey in the bottom right hand corner to open it, and then go to File -> Edit script, from memory).

Where it says:

c:\program files\xbmc\xbmc.exe ;

change to:

c:\program files\xbmc nightly\xbmc.exe -p ;

Im saying this all from memory, but the important point I found was that there needs to be a space before the semi-colon, else I found it didnt work.

Thank you. Should be on the official site.

- publicENEMY - 2012-01-27

jumpsms seems to be not working with eden beta 2. can you update the keymaps to support this feature?

thanks

- jhsrennie - 2012-01-27

publicENEMY Wrote:jumpsms seems to be not working with eden beta 2.

Note that in Eden the keys on the numeric keypad have different names. For example "2" is <two> on the main keyboard and <numpadtwo> on the numeric keypad.

JR

- publicENEMY - 2012-01-30

jhsrennie Wrote:Note that in Eden the keys on the numeric keypad have different names. For example "2" is <two> on the main keyboard and <numpadtwo> on the numeric keypad.

JR

okay.

Im sorry but as a noob, i dont know what to do next.

I would appreciate it if you could tell me what should i do.

Thanks.