Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way (/showthread.php?tid=78179)

- elitegamer360 - 2012-02-22

TheFonz Wrote:After starting to use Evenghost and XBMC as a shell I can no longer go back to the main screen of XBMC with the green button.
Just checked the Keyboard.xml file and the command:
Code:
<f5 mod="ctrl,alt">XBMC.ActivateWindow(Home)</f5>
Is there but doesn't seem to be working.
Anything I need to change now I am using Evenghost, ONLY for starting XBMC.

Just a couple of questions for you Smile ? Did you actually use the autohotkey script "GSB script v1.06" that is in XBMCCustomregis? Also did you install Autohotkey as well?

You see the Keyboard.xml command on its own will not work! I have created the autohotkey scripts for this purpose, as the setup will not work like intended if part of its system is missing. Please let me know if you already using the scripts, because it might be other issue on your system causing the scripts not to respond. You can find all the scripts on my site or just install XBMCCustomregis Setup v1.2.14 :-)

Cheers,
EG.

- elitegamer360 - 2012-02-22

thebearnecessit Wrote:Thanks SO much for posting mate, I really appreciate it. Feel like i'm fumbling around in the dark here following instructions and just hoping for the best; never really aware of what i'm actually doing.

There's been developments. I googled my receiver model number (400102) and found loads of people saying my model is simply not compatible with windows XP, and that it's the 400103 that is compatible.

At that point i read the HP page where i downloaded the exe that changed my remote from a yellow exclamation to an 'ehome' driver. One of the notes on that download page seems to imply that the drivers exe is just for one specific HP PC (it says in the release notes section that its for "HP TouchSmart 9100 Business PC" not sure if ive picked that up wrong, but anyway the point is...i think that the HP driver was the problem....but...i found a driver on another webpage that works!

This 'fintek' driver is now installed and seems to be working http://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/ebay-mce-remotes-likely-cheapest-reliable-ir-blaster-emitter.97619/ the link to the driver is in post 3. It says its a hacked "fintek" driver whatever that is.

You are very welcome, the problem with using hacked drivers, there will always be some kind of side effect or a some sort of disadvantage, if you are not willing to upgrade your operating system then you gona have to live with it i'm afraid. Rolleyes

thebearnecessit Wrote:Anyway the reason I'm posting back is because I thought you might be able to point me in the right direction, can I ask you a question or two?

MY HARMONY REMOTE WORKS! wow. never thought i'd see the day. Ive been at this for weeks.

Questions (hope you dont mind there's 5 questions) I just started thinking and they all came gushing out by accident Big Grin) questions 1 and 2 are the main ones; just ignore the rest if you are busy Smile

q1) When I skip a track it is taking about 15 seconds to skip the track. The visuals freeze, but the sound keeps playing for 15 seconds or so till it finally skips to the next track. How can I even begin to trouble shoot this because the remote is otherwise very responsive. Is it maybe just a problem with the weird driver I have and I just need to accept it?
q2) where should i go for help on getting the sms style input to work? I've added a keyboard.xml with the info in it for sms style text input but its not working even after a reboot
q3) where should i go for help on getting the power button on the remote to turn the PC on? would i have to check my bios to see if there is a setting about allowing usb devices to power on the pc?
q4) is there a way of getting the power button on the remote to turn the pc off? at the moment it puts it into hibernate i think.
q5) Just in general where is the best place to get help with these types of questions now that I'm up and running?

q1) I want you to try and use showkey.exe point the remote to your IR receiver a start by pressing the "Play, Pause, FWD, RWD and stop buttons" and please report back what showkey displays for each button. Also after doing that I want you to press the buttons quickly and see if "showkey" actually displays the keypress instantly or there is a delay like in XBMC.

q2) the JumpSMS feature is in my "to do list" for the forthcoming update, I already fixed it but did not have time to upload to my sight needs changing loads of thinks that I have no time to do at the moment, but for the sake of it! Now anyone with issues using JumpSMS then you can download this fixed Keyboard.xml and replace it with the current keyboard.xml in %AppData%\XBMC\userdata\keymaps if you have not made any personal changes to it. Otherwise make a backup of your current keybaord.xml and then replace it.

TBH I was just waiting for EDEN to be released so I can upload the new update with all the minor issues resolved as I do not have time to keep doing this sort of update thing all the time lol.

q3 and q4) See this post here follow the First part of it, i.e. steps one to four. Because this will enable your PC to sleep and wakeup from one button. any issues let me know.

q5) Here of course! Or if your questions get out of hand then this thread has all the Harmony users and might be able to help better than me :-)

Cheers,
EG.

XBMC remote control - thebearnecessit - 2012-02-22

Brilliant thanks so much for posting back mate.

q1) delay when skipping music tracks is sorted! it was to do with my cache settings which were huge (made it huge when I was trying to get movie streaming to work more reliably). fixed cache setting and it fixed my problem with next track

q2) sms style text input is sorted! your xml file worked where mine failed, cheers.

q3) and q4) standby and wake up problems are still there. I've ran your reg file but still having problems. My Harmony One will put the pc in standby no problem. Just can't get it to wake up. any thoughts?

here's what ive done so far:

enabled a setting in my bios for allowing usb wake-up
went into device manager and made sure all my hid devices were allowed to bring computer out of standby
went into device manager and made sure none of my usb hubs/devices are turned off when in standby.
ran your reg file

my actual hard keyboard and mouse are able to wake the pc up from standby.

also might be worth noting that my remote doesnt work after standby.

I have a couple other questions about the remote stuff but this standby/wakeup issue seems quite awkward so we'll leave it at that just now! Big Grin

so chuffed i can sms style input etc, its much more wife friendly now !

- elitegamer360 - 2012-02-23

thebearnecessit Wrote:Brilliant thanks so much for posting back mate.

q1) delay when skipping music tracks is sorted! it was to do with my cache settings which were huge (made it huge when I was trying to get movie streaming to work more reliably). fixed cache setting and it fixed my problem with next track

q2) sms style text input is sorted! your xml file worked where mine failed, cheers.

q3) and q4) standby and wake up problems are still there. I've ran your reg file but still having problems. My Harmony One will put the pc in standby no problem. Just can't get it to wake up. any thoughts?

here's what ive done so far:

enabled a setting in my bios for allowing usb wake-up
went into device manager and made sure all my hid devices were allowed to bring computer out of standby
went into device manager and made sure none of my usb hubs/devices are turned off when in standby.
ran your reg file

my actual hard keyboard and mouse are able to wake the pc up from standby.

also might be worth noting that my remote doesnt work after standby.

I have a couple other questions about the remote stuff but this standby/wakeup issue seems quite awkward so we'll leave it at that just now! Big Grin

so chuffed i can sms style input etc, its much more wife friendly now !

You welcome mate :-)

Now if the PC can not wake up and you checked the BIOS settings and made sure the USB drivers for the "eHome Infrared receiver" in the Device manager are set to "Allow this device to wake this computer" is ticked, then I would suggest you try to plug the IR receiver directly to one of the USB ports right at the back of the Motherboard main ports, just in case you have not tried this already. Some times this does solve the issue. BTW your keyboard and mouse are they connected using PS/2 or USB?

What is the make of your PC or is it custom built? Whats the Make the motherboard if you built the PC? Just asking as sometimes upgrading the Motherboard drivers can sometimes solve such issues as well.

One other way to check if your your PC leave the USB ports switched on/Powered is if you plug a USB stick that has a light or an external Hard drive case with a light. If the light stays on after sleep thats a good sign, then try the IR receiver on that USB port but if the remote can still not wake your PC up then try this:-

You can map another button to send a specific wake up command, It should wake your PC/Laptop from sleep/Hibernate if the normal command can not do it! Remember not all hardware support this! I've been using ASUS motherboards for years and they are the best when it comes to functionality/Reliability :-)

1-As per last example, now lets say you want the "star" button to use the "wake" command, then look for this :-
Code:
1d,00,00,00,04,03,25,\ ; [*]         - Sends "Ctrl-shift-8"

2- Change it to look like this:-
Code:
1d,00,00,00,03,83,00,\ ; [*]         - Sends "Wake"

If that also does not work then I am affraid there's nothing we can do as the BIOS does not keep your USB ports powered after sleep/Hibernation, or it might be another side effect of using the hacked drivers. I really would not know whats the main cause without the hardware at hand.

Cheers,
EG.

standby - thebearnecessit - 2012-02-23

elitegamer360 Wrote:You welcome mate :-)

Now if the PC can not wake up and you checked the BIOS settings and made sure the USB drivers for the "eHome Infrared receiver" in the Device manager are set to "Allow this device to wake this computer" is ticked, then I would suggest you try to plug the IR receiver directly to one of the USB ports right at the back of the Motherboard main ports, just in case you have not tried this already. Some times this does solve the issue. BTW your keyboard and mouse are they connected using PS/2 or USB?

What is the make of your PC or is it custom built? Whats the Make the motherboard if you built the PC? Just asking as sometimes upgrading the Motherboard drivers can sometimes solve such issues as well.

One other way to check if your your PC leave the USB ports switched on/Powered is if you plug a USB stick that has a light or an external Hard drive case with a light. If the light stays on after sleep thats a good sign, then try the IR receiver on that USB port but if the remote can still not wake your PC up then try this:-

You can map another button to send a specific wake up command, It should wake your PC/Laptop from sleep/Hibernate if the normal command can not do it! Remember not all hardware support this! I've been using ASUS motherboards for years and they are the best when it comes to functionality/Reliability :-)

1-As per last example, now lets say you want the "star" button to use the "wake" command, then look for this :-
Code:
1d,00,00,00,04,03,25,\ ; [*]         - Sends "Ctrl-shift-8"

2- Change it to look like this:-
Code:
1d,00,00,00,03,83,00,\ ; [*]         - Sends "Wake"

If that also does not work then I am affraid there's nothing we can do as the BIOS does not keep your USB ports powered after sleep/Hibernation, or it might be another side effect of using the hacked drivers. I really would not know whats the main cause without the hardware at hand.

Cheers,
EG.

Great thanks for the info. I'll give this stuff a go just now. quick question though before I try your suggestions:

PC & MOTHERBOARD MODEL: My PC is a Shuttle XPC (the model is SS56G). My Motherboard is an FS56. There is a download on the shuttle website for "chipset" drivers. Presumably that's the motherboard drivers is it?

oh and by the way, MOUSE & KEYBOARD: neither are usb.

- TheFonz - 2012-02-24

elitegamer360 Wrote:Just a couple of questions for you Smile ? Did you actually use the autohotkey script "GSB script v1.06" that is in XBMCCustomregis? Also did you install Autohotkey as well?

You see the Keyboard.xml command on its own will not work! I have created the autohotkey scripts for this purpose, as the setup will not work like intended if part of its system is missing. Please let me know if you already using the scripts, because it might be other issue on your system causing the scripts not to respond. You can find all the scripts on my site or just install XBMCCustomregis Setup v1.2.14 :-)

Cheers,
EG.
I should have also mentioned because I am running Eventghost and using XBMC as the shell replacement the startup items would not work so I converted the .ahk autohotkey scripts to .exes and threw them into Eventghost's startup list. They start up and pressing the green button when XBMC is not open opens XBMC but does nothing inside XBMC. I am a little hesitant on installing the XBMCCustomregis Setup v1.2.14 as I do not want it to change the bindings for my keys. IIRC I have some setup so that the buttons work in PowerDVD for watching BluRays. Would the XBMCCustomRegis overwrite these customised changes?

Thanks as always
_Fonz

- spontex - 2012-02-24

Dear all,

I recently switched from MediaPortal / ForTheRecord (Argus) to XBMC PVR (still using Argus).

One of my main concerns is that the MCE Remote does not work "out of the box" in XBMC. In MediaPortal, I just had to select the model of my remote and it was Ok (apart from the non-US keyboard layout!) and to select "Use the green button to start MediaPortal" to replace WMC.

Under XBMC, I have spent a few hours trying every solution I could come up with using this forum: the MCERemote XBMC plug-in, XBMCCustomRegis, EventGhost but none of them completely satisfies me: they rely on a modification of the remote-keyboard bindings, which breaks Arcsoft TotalMedia Theatre, which I use to play blu-ray video discs.

I am now thinking about a keyboard.xml file which would work "out of the box" with the MCE default Windows settings. Do you think that such a file would be feasible? Why doesn't it exist?

I would like to help making XBMC work out of the box with the remote.

- elitegamer360 - 2012-02-25

thebearnecessit Wrote:Great thanks for the info. I'll give this stuff a go just now. quick question though before I try your suggestions:

PC & MOTHERBOARD MODEL: My PC is a Shuttle XPC (the model is SS56G). My Motherboard is an FS56. There is a download on the shuttle website for "chipset" drivers. Presumably that's the motherboard drivers is it?

oh and by the way, MOUSE & KEYBOARD: neither are usb.

As far as I know shuttle is a good make, I would be supprised if their motherboards do not resume from sleep using a plugged in IR receiver as I was going to buy one of their shuttles Rolleyes I have to think about it now lol.

I see, your mouse and keyboard are PS/2 as expected, I would double check the bios if there are any other options to wake up the PC from sleep, like wakeup on LAN. Although its has nothing to do with USB but no harm in trying Wink

Yea, it's good to try the chipset update first although its not the USB drivers, as they can be downloaded separately from here. I did not know what version your shuttle was as there are v1, v2 and v3 otherwise I could've given you a direct link.

If all fails I would advise you contact/email shuttle support people to know exactly what needs to be done as we exhausted all possible scenarios, they might advise you to update the bios or something, I can't be sure without the hardware at hand TBH!

If you manage to wake the PC from sleep, then please let us know how you did it.

TheFonz Wrote:I should have also mentioned because I am running Eventghost and using XBMC as the shell replacement the startup items would not work so I converted the .ahk autohotkey scripts to .exes and threw them into Eventghost's startup list. They start up and pressing the green button when XBMC is not open opens XBMC but does nothing inside XBMC. I am a little hesitant on installing the XBMCCustomregis Setup v1.2.14 as I do not want it to change the bindings for my keys. IIRC I have some setup so that the buttons work in PowerDVD for watching BluRays. Would the XBMCCustomRegis overwrite these customised changes?

Thanks as always
_Fonz

No, you should not install XBMCCustomRegis as it will override your settings! I will try to compile the script for you as an "exe" then you can try it! Can you please tell me what version of windows are you using Win 7 32bit etc... Also make sure the your "Green start Button" sends "Win-Alt-Enter" combination and not the Windows default WM_INPUT.

Also If I were you I would make sure that keyboard.xml is placed in this folder %AppData%\XBMC\userdata\keymaps

spontex Wrote:Dear all,

I recently switched from MediaPortal / ForTheRecord (Argus) to XBMC PVR (still using Argus).

One of my main concerns is that the MCE Remote does not work "out of the box" in XBMC. In MediaPortal, I just had to select the model of my remote and it was Ok (apart from the non-US keyboard layout!) and to select "Use the green button to start MediaPortal" to replace MCE.

Under XBMC, I have spent a few hours trying every solution I could come up with using this forum: the MCERemote XBMC plug-in, XBMCCustomRegis, EventGhost but none of them completely satisfies me: they rely on a modification of the remote-keyboard bindings, which breaks Arcsoft TotalMedia Theatre, which I use to play blu-ray video discs.

I am now thinking about a keyboard.xml file which would work "out of the box" with the MCE default Windows settings. Do you think that such a file would be feasible? Why doesn't it exist?

I would like to help making XBMC work out of the box with the remote.

The main Idea of using XBMCCustomRegis that it will give you the best experience ever and only for XBMC nothing else, hence making every button on your remote works. I have created another setup which is completly compatible with XBMC, MCE, PWRDVD and WINDVD "can be found here". The second setup uses the default Windows Media Center setup and relies on autohotkey scripts also, so it should work with anything compatible with MCE. Both setups created to make MCE remotes work out of the box with no configurations needed whatsoever, unless if an application like "Arcsoft Total Media Theatre" has its own setup then that's completely different issue.

Now you can always use keyboard.xml to make your own modifications if you do not want to change any of your own settings! Original keyboard.xml is available under "Your main Drive \XBMC\system\keymaps" copy keyboard.xml to %AppData%\XBMC\userdata\keymaps then you can make any changes to keyboard.xml as required.

keyboard.xml does already work with the default MCE settings. Even the Keyboard.xml available on my site does work with the default MCE settings with the added perks as usual.

I hope this helped you all.

Cheers,
EG.

- thebearnecessit - 2012-02-25

done - bios update
done - enabled bios setting for usb "wake"
done - made sure wake on lan is also enabled in bios
done - chipset drivers update
done - "Allow this device to wake this computer" setting in al usb devices in device manager
done - ensured none of the usb devices are turned off when in standby (again, in device manager
done - made sure there is still power in the usb port when in standby by pludding in a usb stick with a light on it
done - made sure i was using the ports at the back of the pc (i was already anyway)
done - edited the registry so that the star button on the remote sends the wake command

not done - usb drivers update. the downloaded zip (for usb driver update) from shuttle only had a readme in the xp folder telling me to use windows update to get microsofts usb2.0 drivers. Do you think there's a way to install microsofts usb 2.0 drivers without using windows update? only because i have just formatted and have a 50 second boot time, and when i turn on windows update i end up with a 2 minute boot time. my windows xp is service pack 3 already; do you think i need microsofts latest drivers? the usb drivers at the moment are 2001 I think !

- elitegamer360 - 2012-02-26

thebearnecessit Wrote:done - bios update
done - enabled bios setting for usb "wake"
done - made sure wake on lan is also enabled in bios
done - chipset drivers update
done - "Allow this device to wake this computer" setting in al usb devices in device manager
done - ensured none of the usb devices are turned off when in standby (again, in device manager
done - made sure there is still power in the usb port when in standby by pludding in a usb stick with a light on it
done - made sure i was using the ports at the back of the pc (i was already anyway)
done - edited the registry so that the star button on the remote sends the wake command

not done - usb drivers update. the downloaded zip (for usb driver update) from shuttle only had a readme in the xp folder telling me to use windows update to get microsofts usb2.0 drivers. Do you think there's a way to install microsofts usb 2.0 drivers without using windows update? only because i have just formatted and have a 50 second boot time, and when i turn on windows update i end up with a 2 minute boot time. my windows xp is service pack 3 already; do you think i need microsofts latest drivers? the usb drivers at the moment are 2001 I think !

Just a quick question, is your Bios setup to use "S3 suspend mode, or S1"? You know Windows XP does not support "S3" and thats might be your issue. When you send your PC to sleep does it switch off everything inside your PC including your fans or not? "except of course keeping the usb powered" even if they are powered Windows will not function properly you might be using "S2" who knows!

If the BIOS is setup to anything other than "S1" I would advise to change the settings to "S1" and reboot to windows and try sleep and wake up from the remote.

There is a way to make XP use "S3" mode but I will want to hear from you first.

And no need to update drivers if your already has SP3 installed, you can not make WIN XP any better :-)

Cheers,
EG.

- spontex - 2012-02-26

elitegamer360 Wrote:The main Idea of using XBMCCustomRegis that it will give you the best experience ever and only for XBMC nothing else, hence making every button on your remote works. I have created another setup which is completly compatible with XBMC, MCE, PWRDVD and WINDVD "can be found here". The second setup uses the default Windows Media Center setup and relies on autohotkey scripts also, so it should work with anything compatible with MCE. Both setups created to make MCE remotes work out of the box with no configurations needed whatsoever, unless if an application like "Arcsoft Total Media Theatre" has its own setup then that's completely different issue.
Now you can always use keyboard.xml to make your own modifications if you do not want to change any of your own settings! Original keyboard.xml is available under "Your main Drive \XBMC\system\keymaps" copy keyboard.xml to %AppData%\XBMC\userdata\keymaps then you can make any changes to keyboard.xml as required.
keyboard.xml does already work with the default MCE settings. Even the Keyboard.xml available on my site does work with the default MCE settings with the added perks as usual.

Thank you for these explanations. I agree that keyboard.xml mostly already works with the default MCE settings. What is very good with your setup is that it configures the Green Button to automatically launch XBMC.

Also, I believe that the "right-click" contextual menu should not be binded with the "Guide" touch by default, but with the "Info" (i) key, like in MCE or MediaPortal (the "Guide" key is too hard to find and has another usage in the PVR mode!):
Code:
<d mod="ctrl">ContextMenu</d> <!-- MCE Details -->
But then you will want to keep the "Info" action associated with a button, such as the yellow one:
Code:
<y mod="ctrl">Info</y>

I also tried to add the following lines to the default keyboard.xml in order to enable the XBMC PVR shortcuts.
They used to work before I installed your setup but don't work anymore: the default action defined in \XBMC\system\keymaps is not replaced by this one. Any idea?
Code:
<g mod="ctrl">XBMC.ActivateWindowAndFocus(MyPVR, 31,0, 10,0)</g> <!-- activate EPG -->
      <t mod="ctrl,shift">XBMC.ActivateWindowAndFocus(MyPVR, 32,0, 11,0)</t> <!-- activate TV -->
      <j>XBMC.ActivateWindowAndFocus(MyPVR, 33,0, 12,0)</j> <!-- activate Radio -->
      <o mod="ctrl">XBMC.ActivateWindowAndFocus(MyPVR, 34,0, 13,0)</o> <!-- activate Recordings -->
      <b>XBMC.ActivateWindowAndFocus(MyPVR, 35,0, 14,0)</b> <!-- activate Search -->

- elitegamer360 - 2012-02-26

spontex Wrote:Thank you for these explanations. I agree that keyboard.xml mostly already works with the default MCE settings. What is very good with your setup is that it configures the Green Button to automatically launch XBMC.

Also, I believe that the "right-click" contextual menu should not be binded with the "Guide" touch by default, but with the "Info" (i) key, like in MCE or MediaPortal (the "Guide" key is too hard to find and has another usage in the PVR mode!):
Code:
<d mod="ctrl">ContextMenu</d> <!-- MCE Details -->
But then you will want to keep the "Info" action associated with a button, such as the yellow one:
Code:
<y mod="ctrl">Info</y>

I also tried to add the following lines to the default keyboard.xml in order to enable the XBMC PVR shortcuts.
They used to work before I installed your setup but don't work anymore: the default action defined in \XBMC\system\keymaps is not replaced by this one. Any idea?
Code:
<g mod="ctrl">XBMC.ActivateWindowAndFocus(MyPVR, 31,0, 10,0)</g> <!-- activate EPG -->
      <t mod="ctrl,shift">XBMC.ActivateWindowAndFocus(MyPVR, 32,0, 11,0)</t> <!-- activate TV -->
      <j>XBMC.ActivateWindowAndFocus(MyPVR, 33,0, 12,0)</j> <!-- activate Radio -->
      <o mod="ctrl">XBMC.ActivateWindowAndFocus(MyPVR, 34,0, 13,0)</o> <!-- activate Recordings -->
      <b>XBMC.ActivateWindowAndFocus(MyPVR, 35,0, 14,0)</b> <!-- activate Search -->

No worries, :-) Any changes you want to make is up to you, the default button for "Info or details" is "i" and it has always been like that in XBMC. Thats why the Guide button is set to Context Menu "C" I cant remember the MCE alternatives from the top of my head at the moment but you know what I mean.

In regard to the XBMC PVR shortcuts you are actually adding them in the system keyboard.xml which should not be edited! All changes needs to be done in keyboard.xml on this location %AppData%\XBMC\userdata\keymaps and then your PVR shortcuts should work fine.

Cheers,
EG.

- spontex - 2012-02-26

No, I did not edit directly the "system" keyboard.xml. I'm only trying to override its settings by using the "user" keyboard.xml but it does not work.

Another weird thing: sometimes, my MCE remote gets "unset" and the Green Button sends "Ctrl Shift" instead of "Ctrl ShiftEnter". This causes the Green Button not to work inside XBMC. This is perhaps related to AutoHotKey because it still allows XBMC to be launched using this button. Have you ever experienced this?

- spontex - 2012-02-26

elitegamer360 Wrote:No worries, :-) Any changes you want to make is up to you, the default button for "Info or details" is "i" and it has always been like that in XBMC. Thats why the Guide button is set to Context Menu "C" I cant remember the MCE alternatives from the top of my head at the moment but you know what I mean.

XBMC did not use to have a PVR mode, so this was Ok to use the Guide button to this purpose. You might want to reconsider this :-)

I am now in the following state: having applied your .reg file, after some time, my Green MCE Button is now associated to Alt + Left Windows.
ShowKey gives: <leftwindows mod="alt">Notification(Key, leftwindows, 3)</leftwindows>
When I use the MCERemote plug-in inside XBMC and use "Restore MCERemote defaults" and then reboot, the Green MCE Button is binded to "Ctrl+Shift+W" (in fact Ctrl+Shift+Z since I use a French layout keyboard), which is not compatible with your AutoHotKey script.
Applying your .reg again does not restore the default "Win+Alt+Enter" association.

Any idea? After about ten hours, I cannot come up with a solution in which every button of my R6 remote works inside XBMC and the Green MCE button starts it.

- thebearnecessit - 2012-02-26

elitegamer360 Wrote:Just a quick question, is your Bios setup to use "S3 suspend mode, or S1"? You know Windows XP does not support "S3" and thats might be your issue. When you send your PC to sleep does it switch off everything inside your PC including your fans or not? "except of course keeping the usb powered" even if they are powered Windows will not function properly you might be using "S2" who knows!

If the BIOS is setup to anything other than "S1" I would advise to change the settings to "S1" and reboot to windows and try sleep and wake up from the remote.

There is a way to make XP use "S3" mode but I will want to hear from you first.

And no need to update drivers if your already has SP3 installed, you can not make WIN XP any better :-)

Cheers,
EG.

The fan(s?) still runs when its in standby. I presume that means its in s1 standby?

Anyway here's some quotes from the bios settings. ive tried to quote from the parts that looked relevent:

quote 1) ACPI Suspend Type = S1 (NB think the other options were "S1 & S3" and "S3")
2) Power management = user define (nb othr optins min saving , or max saving)
3) suspend mode = disabled (nb other options were 1 min, 2 min, 4 min, and so on)
4) power state resume control = always off
5) video off option = susp, stby->off (nb other options always on, and all modes off)
6) irq (3-7, 9-15)NMI = disabled
7) irq 8 break suspend = disabled

any thoughts?