Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way (/showthread.php?tid=78179)

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way "Registry config" - rainking430 - 2012-06-21

Welcome back, EG! Just FYI I have solved my issues, so that's one less person to get back to. :-)

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way "Registry config" - elitegamer360 - 2012-06-21

(2012-06-21, 02:59)rainking430 Wrote: Welcome back, EG! Just FYI I have solved my issues, so that's one less person to get back to. :-)

Thats very nice of you mate, thanks and no worries will try to do better next time. Smile

Cheers,
EG.

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way "Registry config" - elitegamer360 - 2012-06-24

Just a quick Note:

If any one using the shortcut below that I set in keyboard.xml to launch the XBMC Subtitle script "I have not included it in the current version of keyboard.xml, only posted it here somewhere as per requests" and you are getting the error script failed then you should change it as follows in keyboard.xml

OLD one
Quote:<t>XBMC.RunScript("C:\Users\usernamehere\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.xbmc.subtitles\default.py")</t>

Change to this new one because the old one does not work with XBMC v.11 and the subtitle script v3.2.1 and above:-
Quote:<t>XBMC.RunScript(script.xbmc.subtitles)</t>

Thanks to @amet for pointing it out.

This is very useful specially for the skins that do not support an extra button in the video OSD to access the subtitle script quickly, I have been using it for ages and I think its time to replace the redundant subtitle on/off button with this one in the next release as the on/off can already be triggered with the "Green" button cycle subtitles already.

Cheers,
EG.

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way "Registry config" - elitegamer360 - 2012-06-30

Celebrating a year or maybe a little over "I lost count, lol" since I started working on this project with a 38,000 downloads mark from just the XBMC/Dharma folder Laugh A big thanks to every one who contributed through suggestions and ideas to make this a better project. I have now reset the counter and cleaned the links Big Grin "I got rid of the Dharma part that was confusing people a little bit" Angel

Please note some of the old links is broken now, if you get any error downloading any of the files just refresh the site or post here and will look in to it. Everything is updated properly on the main site and the front page of this thread. Nod

Cheers,
EG.

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way "Registry config" - theotherguy - 2012-07-05

Not sure if this is directly related to this thread, but it's the closest I could find.

Trying to figure out how I can make my remote work when XBMC displays an on-screen keyboard.

When it opens the cursor is focused on the entry field. Pressing buttons on the remote gives you only numbers, i've added the JUMPSMS1-2 codes to the keyboard.xml to see if it that would work, but still only numbers. Unless something stuffed up there.

I can't tab thru the keyboard either.

Any ideas?

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way "Registry config" - elitegamer360 - 2012-07-05

(2012-07-05, 13:09)theotherguy Wrote: Not sure if this is directly related to this thread, but it's the closest I could find.

Trying to figure out how I can make my remote work when XBMC displays an on-screen keyboard.

When it opens the cursor is focused on the entry field. Pressing buttons on the remote gives you only numbers, i've added the JUMPSMS1-2 codes to the keyboard.xml to see if it that would work, but still only numbers. Unless something stuffed up there.

I can't tab thru the keyboard either.

Any ideas?

In XBMC:

ENABLE "Remote Control Sends Keyboard Presses" in Settings_> System_> Input Devices

and download this custom made Keyboard.xml as it will make your life easy instead of fiddling around with the original keyboard.xml. extract the zip file to %AppData%\XBMC\userdata\keymaps If you want to modify keyboard.xml always do it in this folder.

Otherwise if you already have a modded keyboard.xml of your own then back it up before using the one above on, or just insert the parts as shown below in your keyboard.xml:

in
Code:
<keymap>
  <global>
    <keyboard>

look for
Code:
<two>Number2</two>
      <three>Number3</three>
      <four>Number4</four>
      <five>Number5</five>
      <six>Number6</six>
      <seven>Number7</seven>
      <eight>Number8</eight>
      <nine>Number9</nine>

replace with
Code:
<two>JumpSMS2</two>
      <three>JumpSMS3</three>
      <four>JumpSMS4</four>
      <five>JumpSMS5</five>
      <six>JumpSMS6</six>
      <seven>JumpSMS7</seven>
      <eight>JumpSMS8</eight>
      <nine>JumpSMS9</nine>

then under
Code:
<VirtualKeyboard>
    <keyboard>

insert
Code:
<zero>Number0</zero>
      <one>Number1</one>
      <two>Number2</two>
      <three>Number3</three>
      <four>Number4</four>
      <five>Number5</five>
      <six>Number6</six>
      <seven>Number7</seven>
      <eight>Number8</eight>
      <nine>Number9</nine>

thats all.

Cheers,
EG.

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - theotherguy - 2012-07-05

Thanks for that.

I've already added them, but noticed that I left the original number codes in the global keyboard section and just added the JUMPSMS codes. Will remove the other ones and see what happens.

Thanks for the quick reply.

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - poofyhairguy - 2012-07-10

This is really great. The t9 support helped me get Windows back into the mix in my setup. Plus the blog instructions helped me map a button to a way to close my emulators. My setup is now as seamless as its ever been.

Thanks elitegamer360.

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - sloth - 2012-07-10

Dear All,
I have followed the instructions from http://xbmccustomregis.sourceforge.net/remote.html using the auto installer but my Microsoft MCE remote and transreceiver are not working (but listed as "Microsoft eHome infrared transreceiver"). I did have the IR Server Suite installed before but uninstalled it and removed all its keymap files.
This is my system:
Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
XBMC Eden

Any ideas how to troubleshoot and resolve this issue would be highly welcome. This is driving me crazy as it is the last bit in my setup not working.
Thanks,
Jonas

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - elitegamer360 - 2012-07-10

(2012-07-10, 02:45)poofyhairguy Wrote: This is really great. The t9 support helped me get Windows back into the mix in my setup. Plus the blog instructions helped me map a button to a way to close my emulators. My setup is now as seamless as its ever been.

Thanks elitegamer360.

Great to hear, no worries mate.

Cheers,
EG.

(2012-07-10, 08:05)sloth Wrote: Dear All,
I have followed the instructions from http://xbmccustomregis.sourceforge.net/remote.html using the auto installer but my Microsoft MCE remote and transreceiver are not working (but listed as "Microsoft eHome infrared transreceiver"). I did have the IR Server Suite installed before but uninstalled it and removed all its keymap files.
This is my system:
Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
XBMC Eden

Any ideas how to troubleshoot and resolve this issue would be highly welcome. This is driving me crazy as it is the last bit in my setup not working.
Thanks,
Jonas

Hi sloth,

what's the make of your remote and receiver? Are they listed in this wiki page? did you install EventGhost by any chance? You mentioned that your remote and receiver is listed as an eHome driver! In device manager under "Universal Serial bus Controllers" do you have a usb driver called "eHome Infrared Receiver (USBCIR))? If you have run "XBMCCustomregis Setup v1.2.18" then your reg settings should've changed. I would need a copy of your current registry settings to find out if the settings was applied or not. This will help me rule out a couple of things i.e. RC6 issue or a software issue etc.., details below:-

Please download this file on to your desktop. Unzip it and double click on "Create.reg.backup.desktop.bat" and it should automatically create another file on your desktop called "Custom_setup.reg". Please upload "Custom_setup.reg" to one of your favourite file sharing sites and repost the link here. This file contains your current registry settings, I will help me figure out the issue hopefully.

By the way since you used "XBMCCustomregis Setup v1.2.18" if you can also download ShowKey.exe and by using your remote if you press the "Guide" button can you tell me please what ShowKey.exe reports.

Let me know about the above and then we can take it further from there.

Cheers,
EG.

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - bossanova808 - 2012-07-14

@elitegamer360

Some great work here, a very effective system and I have my windows/harmony/xbmc-pvr with live TV setup all humming along now.

One thing that makes it even better - there are some PVR specific mappings here that seem to have no negative side effects when put in the fullscreenvideo section, but get the remote keys for pause/rw/ff working in the PVR section:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=122931&pid=1144460#pid1144460

...would be a worthwhile addition to your keyboard.xml

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - elitegamer360 - 2012-07-14

(2012-07-14, 03:38)bossanova808 Wrote: @elitegamer360

Some great work here, a very effective system and I have my windows/harmony/xbmc-pvr with live TV setup all humming along now.

One thing that makes it even better - there are some PVR specific mappings here that seem to have no negative side effects when put in the fullscreenvideo section, but get the remote keys for pause/rw/ff working in the PVR section:

Thanks for your comments mate. No problem will have a look in to it. It sounds interesting as I will be moving to PVR soon. If you live in the UK which PC TV card brand would you recommend? Big Grin. I've been using "Nebula DigiTV" for around eight years now but very annoyed I can not use it in XBMC, they stopped supporting the PCI version of the card so there will never be an 64bit drivers ever.

Any ways, I will probably add this to my next update as I am planning to release an update soon. At the moment I am working on a major update of XBMCCustomregis! Rewriting the scripts all over again for better performance and compatibility and adding extra features like having XBMC stay on focus no matter what happens in the background "it can be turned on and off by a press of a single button from your remote". Just trying to make XBMC experience pleasurable from start to end specially when using "True Fullscreen" like I do! Pretty exciting stuff coming for both Single screen and multiscreen users. Almost everything is done now but doing some testings on different systems just to remove any final bugs that I might not be aware of.

Cheers,
EG.

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - ThePastor - 2012-07-15

First off... Thanks for all of the awesome documentation.
When I did this the first time, a few years ago, there was nothing and figuring it all out by hit-or-miss was very frustrating.
Now, with Eden it's time to upgrade my remote mappings and damned if I did not find this great work done by you guys.

Now, my problem.

I have an HP remote which is stamped RC6 on the back. It uses a USB IR receiver which came with it.
I'm able to edit/remap/change pretty much everything on it except one key.

In the upper right is a key labeled "TV"
The problem is that when I press this key it "Launches XBMC"
"ShowKey" does not register a keypress.
My guess is that that means that that key is sending an IR code instead of a Keypress.
In the registry config file v1.25 and documentation I have tried every possible key that is listed and nothing will change the behavior of this one key.
In the regconfig file it only shows one key that is sending an IR code (and not a keypress) and that is "[Play/Pause]
I have tried setting it to send a keystroke but apparently that is not the correct key because it did not change the behavior of my "TV" button.
Ultimately I would like to map this button to the TV Library View (Which, if I could know what the keystroke was I would be able to do)

I found another user "Mike31" from 4-24 in this thread who had the same exact question but he did not receive a reply.
(or, at least one I found)

Win7 64bit
XBMC Eden
Config.v1.25.reg
HP RC6 ir Remote

Any suggestions?

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - bossanova808 - 2012-07-15

(2012-07-14, 14:50)elitegamer360 Wrote:
(2012-07-14, 03:38)bossanova808 Wrote: @elitegamer360

Thanks for your comments mate. No problem will have a look in to it. It sounds interesting as I will be moving to PVR soon. If you live in the UK which PC TV card brand would you recommend? Big Grin. I've been using "Nebula DigiTV" for around eight years now but very annoyed I can not use it in XBMC, they stopped supporting the PCI version of the card so there will never be an 64bit drivers ever.

Any ways, I will probably add this to my next update as I am planning to release an update soon. At the moment I am working on a major update of XBMCCustomregis! Rewriting the scripts all over again for better performance and compatibility and adding extra features like having XBMC stay on focus no matter what happens in the background "it can be turned on and off by a press of a single button from your remote". Just trying to make XBMC experience pleasurable from start to end specially when using "True Fullscreen" like I do! Pretty exciting stuff coming for both Single screen and multiscreen users. Almost everything is done now but doing some testings on different systems just to remove any final bugs that I might not be aware of.

Cheers,
EG.

I live in Australia I'm afraid. I actually use a Sony PlayTV a very cheap, simply USB twin HD tuner device) plugged into my Win7 machine running ForTheRecord...this then piped via ethernet to my two client machines. Works perfectly, not a glitch to be seen. Previosuly I ran TvHeadEnd on an atom box but that was very glitchy (reception glitches it looked like, but in fact it would seem to be the weak atom cpu as the same tuner on a more powerful machine with 4TR instead of TVHeadEnd = literally 0 gltiches) - TvHeadEnd was in all rather annoying - crappy scheduling and UI, 4TR works very well but was harder to set up.

I look forward to your update - I have hacked the keyboad.xml a fair bit for a few extra handy options and in places to better match the Harmony keys, I can send it to you if you're curios, but I suspect you've thought about it a lot more than I have, I just have a few tricks that make xbmc nicer, and a bit easier for development (e.g. reloading skins/keymaps from remote etc.).

Definitely try PVR though as it's WAY more stable and effective than I thought it would be, we use it all the time and now have zero regularly tuned TVs in the house. I am surprised they're not mergin g it for Frodo given it's so good, but I guess it's not quite where they want it to be yet...but I can't see why most people can't use it as is to be honest...

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - elitegamer360 - 2012-07-15

(2012-07-15, 02:13)ThePastor Wrote: First off... Thanks for all of the awesome documentation.
When I did this the first time, a few years ago, there was nothing and figuring it all out by hit-or-miss was very frustrating.
Now, with Eden it's time to upgrade my remote mappings and damned if I did not find this great work done by you guys.

Now, my problem.

I have an HP remote which is stamped RC6 on the back. It uses a USB IR receiver which came with it.
I'm able to edit/remap/change pretty much everything on it except one key.

In the upper right is a key labeled "TV"
The problem is that when I press this key it "Launches XBMC"
"ShowKey" does not register a keypress.
My guess is that that means that that key is sending an IR code instead of a Keypress.
In the registry config file v1.25 and documentation I have tried every possible key that is listed and nothing will change the behavior of this one key.
In the regconfig file it only shows one key that is sending an IR code (and not a keypress) and that is "[Play/Pause]
I have tried setting it to send a keystroke but apparently that is not the correct key because it did not change the behavior of my "TV" button.
Ultimately I would like to map this button to the TV Library View (Which, if I could know what the keystroke was I would be able to do)

I found another user "Mike31" from 4-24 in this thread who had the same exact question but he did not receive a reply.
(or, at least one I found)

Win7 64bit
XBMC Eden
Config.v1.25.reg
HP RC6 ir Remote

Any suggestions?

Thanks for your feedback Wink

In regards to the unanswered question you refered to I was in holiday at the time and there was so many and just could not respond to every single one of them so I posted back to inform any one still with issues to let me know Angel . Anyways "Mike31" was asking about the "Live TV" button and it should be working fine because the "live tv" button should be number "25" in the registry, but if your button on your remote says "TV" only then this might be something else.
Code:
25,00,00,00,04,00,17,\ ; [Live TV]         - Sends "T"

I would like you to post a picture of your remote if you can or a link of where you bought it from etc...!? By any chance is your remote listed in this wiki? Please let me know if yes. You might have an older or a newer version of the remote I just want to double check. Because the HP remotes usualy have more buttons which is not always using a standard RC6 layout.

Cheers,
EG.