Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way (/showthread.php?tid=78179)

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - kiwi - 2012-08-21

hi

one quick question: I'd like to have the remote to work normally when xbmc is closed. So if I play a movie in vlc, with the remote I'd like to change the volume, mute etc. But when I press the GSB button, xbmc starts up and your scripts comes in. Is it possible?

thanks

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - elitegamer360 - 2012-08-21

(2012-08-21, 15:52)kiwi Wrote: hi

one quick question: I'd like to have the remote to work normally when xbmc is closed. So if I play a movie in vlc, with the remote I'd like to change the volume, mute etc. But when I press the GSB button, xbmc starts up and your scripts comes in. Is it possible?

thanks

Ok mate, uninstall XBMCCustomregis and use this setup instead, I made it to work with XBMC, WMCE and powerdvd etc...

Cheers,
EG.

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - nick101181 - 2012-08-21

I am currently using the refocus dark alaska mod skin. Remote works pretty awesome btw.

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - TheFonz - 2012-08-22

(2012-08-21, 02:35)elitegamer360 Wrote: cripts try Ctr+Alt+Enter thats what is being used from now on Smile
Edit: I read your edits Smile excellent, yes you should use the left Ctrl+Alt on a virtual keyboard and Enter it should work Big Grin
Edit: left or right ctrl+alt on a virtual keyboard should be the same on some computers it works on others dont lol, but from a hardware keyboard or an MCE remote it should work no issues.
Ok really weird issue.
Using the virtual keyboard (right ctrl+alt+enter) XBMC refreshes to the home screen.
Using the remote with the GSB XBMC doesn't refresh to the home screen.
Any idea why?

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - elitegamer360 - 2012-08-22

(2012-08-22, 02:01)TheFonz Wrote:
(2012-08-21, 02:35)elitegamer360 Wrote: cripts try Ctr+Alt+Enter thats what is being used from now on Smile
Edit: I read your edits Smile excellent, yes you should use the left Ctrl+Alt on a virtual keyboard and Enter it should work Big Grin
Edit: left or right ctrl+alt on a virtual keyboard should be the same on some computers it works on others dont lol, but from a hardware keyboard or an MCE remote it should work no issues.
Ok really weird issue.
Using the virtual keyboard (right ctrl+alt+enter) XBMC refreshes to the home screen.
Using the remote with the GSB XBMC doesn't refresh to the home screen.
Any idea why?

Please use showkey.exe and press the Big green start button, if you press it couple of times can you please tell me what show key displays?

Cheers,
EG.

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - RavenMoone - 2012-08-24

I am wondering which ( if any) file to use for the new Windows server 2012?
I have been playing around with this OS and installed XBMC 11 onto it but then my my RC^ Microsoft remote doesn't work, this is understandable since server 2012 doesn't ave media center installed. is there a way that I could get this to work?

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - kiwi - 2012-08-24

(2012-08-21, 17:38)elitegamer360 Wrote:

thanks

Ok mate, uninstall XBMCCustomregis and use this setup instead, I made it to work with XBMC, WMCE and powerdvd etc...

Cheers,
EG.

thanks but how do I uninstall the previous version Huh

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - elitegamer360 - 2012-08-25

(2012-08-24, 19:42)RavenMoone Wrote: I am wondering which ( if any) file to use for the new Windows server 2012?
I have been playing around with this OS and installed XBMC 11 onto it but then my my RC^ Microsoft remote doesn't work, this is understandable since server 2012 doesn't ave media center installed. is there a way that I could get this to work?

If you are going to use XBMCCustomregis Setup v2.60.12 then select Windows 8 option as it is based on the same Kernel vs Windows Server 2012, I am just guessing to be honest because I do not have Windows Server 2012 but it make scene to try this option first. Up to you to try Windows 7 option as well if you want, you can always uninstall XBMCCustomregis Setup v2.60.12 and it will revert your PC to what it was. It can also be uninstalled from the Control panel as well.

Cheers,
EG.

(2012-08-24, 22:55)kiwi Wrote:
(2012-08-21, 17:38)elitegamer360 Wrote:

thanks

Cheers,
EG.

OK, if you installed XBMCCustomregis Setup v2.60.12 then go to control panel, select uninstall a program and scroll down the list you will find "XBMCCustomregis 2.60.12" select it and uninstall. Then restart your PC. If you installed XBMCCustomregis Setup v1.2.18 then run that same setup file and select uninstall from the options, then restart.

In the near future I might do another Autosetup file for the XBMC, WMCE, PDVD and WinDVD so to make it easier for people that want to use the universal option, and not just the XBMC specific one.

Cheers,
EG.

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - kiwi - 2012-08-25

(2012-08-25, 00:08)elitegamer360 Wrote:
(2012-08-24, 19:42)RavenMoone Wrote: I am wondering which ( if any) file to use for the new Windows server 2012?

If you are going to use XBMCCustomregis Setup v2.60.12 then select Windows 8 option as it is based on the same Kernel vs Windows Server 2012, I am just guessing to be honest because I do not have Windows Server 2012 but it make scene to try this option first. Up to you to try Windows 7 option as well if you want, you can always uninstall XBMCCustomregis Setup v2.60.12 and it will revert your PC to what it was. It can also be uninstalled from the Control panel as well.

Cheers,
EG.

(2012-08-24, 22:55)kiwi Wrote:
(2012-08-21, 17:38)elitegamer360 Wrote: Ok mate, uninstall XBMCCustomregis and use this setup instead, I made it to work with XBMC, WMCE and powerdvd etc...

Cheers,
EG.

OK, if you installed XBMCCustomregis Setup v2.60.12 then go to control panel, select uninstall a program and scroll down the list you will find "XBMCCustomregis 2.60.12" select it and uninstall. Then restart your PC. If you installed XBMCCustomregis Setup v1.2.18 then run that same setup file and select uninstall from the options, then restart.

In the near future I might do another Autosetup file for the XBMC, WMCE, PDVD and WinDVD so to make it easier for people that want to use the universal option, and not just the XBMC specific one.

Cheers,
EG.

ahahaha I might sounded dumb ahahah but I know how to uninstall a software. What I've done was using the manual method, installing the .reg file and putting the keyboard.xml file in the %appdata% folder. I was wondering if I just need to remove the xml file or I should clean the registry as well?

Thanks

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - elitegamer360 - 2012-08-25

(2012-08-25, 00:16)kiwi Wrote: ahahaha I might sounded dumb ahahah but I know how to uninstall a software. What I've done was using the manual method, installing the .reg file and putting the keyboard.xml file in the %appdata% folder. I was wondering if I just need to remove the xml file or I should clean the registry as well?

Thanks

Ohhh, I see, no then you do not need to do anything. Just overwrite the registry by applying Muti.app.Config.v0.6.reg and just use the latestest keyboard.xml v2.00 also use one of the Blind_Multi_GSB_scripts depending on your operating system, also do not forget to remove any old autohotkey script from your startup folder. thats all Smile

In the near future I will update the scripts to be smart and able to detect windows 32 or 64 bit like what I did for the latest xbmccustomregis release. Smile

Cheers,
EG.

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - StealthyMonk - 2012-08-27

First post...thanks so much for this add-on, truly the icing on the cake for a great program.

My question/issue has to do with video add-ons. I can navigate the xbmc menu no problem but once I go into one of my video add-ons I cant scroll the menu options until I click on the list with my mouse. Long story short, the video add on does not launch with the 'cursor' on the menu items and so the remote can't scroll.

(this is in windows vista and i have googled everything under the sun to find a solution)

Thanks in advance.

(repost from less active mce remote thread)

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - Rusti - 2012-08-27

(2012-08-17, 19:03)elitegamer360 Wrote:
(2012-08-17, 02:45)Rusti Wrote: Great work on rewriting the application, make sure you put this project in your resume! Have you thought about asking the XBMC wiki guys for ninja access to the so you can create your own page there and get more recognition for your work?

My Device manager looks very similar to yours.

I downloaded Showkey and the majority of the buttons give a signal but the red and blue buttons do not.

Thank you Rusti, btw no I have not done that. Will try in the near future.

Just to double check when you are talking about the green button you mean the "Big Start Green Button" in the middle of the remote? Have you already installed autohotkey? The GSB script is it running in the taskbar area?

Now I just want to understand since you have the appropriate "eHome" drivers! Is your remote infra-red receiver is built in to the machine or you are using an external USB infra-red adapter like this one ?

The reason I ask because the ASROCK 330HT-BD is known to use the Nuvoton chip which is shipped with the Nuvoton W836x7HG CIR Device Driver. This is bad news because the receiver requires the CIR driver as its not really using the "eHome" registry location. Since the remote is still not working after you installed xbmccustomregis then I presume that you have not installed any remote drivers from ASROCK disk and thats why your device manager shows the drivers as "eHome" I think. If thats the case and you are using the built in IR receiver, then you have two options:

1- Try 2 registry files that I made in the past which in some cases does work,
====> A- Download the Zotac RC6 registry file, unzip, apply registry, click yes then restart. After you restart press the green start button, see if it will start XBMC.
=====> B- Download the Zotac RC260 registry file, unzip, apply registry, click yes then restart. After you restart press the green start button, see if it will start XBMC.
======> If none of the above works then nothing we can do since the IR module in your ASROCK is not configurable.

2- Unplug the IR module from your montherboard and just buy a certified USB MCE IR receiver like the HP one I just posted above. And btw Kiwi solution will have no effect in your case and you can revert to what you used to have, for a real RC6 XBMCCustomregis should work straight away after a restart.

Now please let me know, if you are using an inboard IR receiver or not, or any of the options above works..

Cheers,
EG.

Yes I was talking about the "Big Green Start Button". I had installed Autohotkey and the script appears to be running in the taskbar area.

I am using an external USB infrared sensor. The drivers installed automatically when I plugged it into my media centre.

I went with option A and installed the Zotac RC6 Decoded registry file and after a restart the Big Green Button now works fine.

Thank you very much for your support and I commend you for your dedication to this project.

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - elitegamer360 - 2012-08-28

(2012-08-27, 04:00)StealthyMonk Wrote: First post...thanks so much for this add-on, truly the icing on the cake for a great program.

My question/issue has to do with video add-ons. I can navigate the xbmc menu no problem but once I go into one of my video add-ons I cant scroll the menu options until I click on the list with my mouse. Long story short, the video add on does not launch with the 'cursor' on the menu items and so the remote can't scroll.

(this is in windows vista and i have googled everything under the sun to find a solution)

Thanks in advance.

(repost from less active mce remote thread)

I beg your pardon! I did not understand your question properly. It will be helpful if you can indicate what add-on you are referring to so I can try to replicate your issue. Also on some video add-ons you have to press the right button "depending on the skin you are using" so that you will be able to scroll up or down. Please supply more information.

What add-on you are using?
What XBMC version you are using?
What method did you use to setup your remote?

Cheers,
EG.

(2012-08-27, 14:52)Rusti Wrote: Yes I was talking about the "Big Green Start Button". I had installed Autohotkey and the script appears to be running in the taskbar area.

I am using an external USB infrared sensor. The drivers installed automatically when I plugged it into my media centre.

I went with option A and installed the Zotac RC6 Decoded registry file and after a restart the Big Green Button now works fine.

Thank you very much for your support and I commend you for your dedication to this project.

Thank you so much Rusti for your feedback that is truely awesome and it made me very happy. not every one around here gives feedback, but you did Big Grin Now I can happily update the wiki with this valuable information so new users like you do not have to search a massive thread like this one. And you deserve a positive feedback from me as well. Smile Big Grin

Cheers,
EG.

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - kiwi - 2012-08-28

Hi,

I tried the method suggested to use multiple players but when in XBMC the green button doesn't bring me to the main page. Everything else works fine! Any help?

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - elitegamer360 - 2012-08-28

(2012-08-28, 01:02)kiwi Wrote: Hi,

I tried the method suggested to use multiple players but when in XBMC the green button doesn't bring me to the main page. Everything else works fine! Any help?

So the Big Green start button does launch XBMC but it does not bring you back to the main XBMC home screen when he button is pressed again, right? If so then did you actually put my keyboard.xml v2.00 in this location %AppData%\XBMC\userdata\keymaps

If you already did that and it does not work then try this older Keyboard.xml v1.84 I am just trying to rule out a keyboard.xml issue first, assuming that you do not have any .ahk scripts in your task manager other than one of "Blind_Multi_GSB_script_v0.7.85 64bit or 32bit" depending on your OS and you already applied Muti.app.Config.v0.6.reg and restarted your PC.

Please let me know what you've done Smile

BTW: you did not mention what OS you have and what remote or PC you are using!?

Cheers,
EG.