Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way (/showthread.php?tid=78179)

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - TheFonz - 2012-08-28

(2012-08-22, 10:48)elitegamer360 Wrote: Please use showkey.exe and press the Big green start button, if you press it couple of times can you please tell me what show key displays?

These are 3 screencaps from the GSB:
The last cap is from when the AutoHotKey GSB AllInOne script was closed.
Thanks EG

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - StealthyMonk - 2012-08-28

Hello, I am using the Neon skin of xbmc eden v11.0. and One example I have tried is the DIY video add on. I have it set up as one of my custom home screen options. When I select it on the home screen, the next menu which is a program listing, none of the choices are highlighted which means I cant move up or down until I get my mouse and click on one. I have used the GSB All in one script.

RE: - Hetfiled - 2012-08-28

(2012-02-09, 15:24)elitegamer360 Wrote: You would need to change your (Power) button to suspend then:-

1- download this file unzip it and open "Config.v1.25.reg" using notepad.

2- look for the string :-
Code:
0c,00,00,00,04,00,16,\ ; [Power]         - Sends "S"

3- Change it to look like this:-
Code:
0c,00,00,00,03,82,00,\ ; [Power]         - Sends "SLEEP"

Hi All
I tried your tip, and it works fine, but I would like to turn off my HTPC and not hibernate or suspend.

Could you tell me how I must to change this string?

Thanks

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - kiwi - 2012-08-29

(2012-08-28, 01:29)elitegamer360 Wrote:
(2012-08-28, 01:02)kiwi Wrote: Hi,

I tried the method suggested to use multiple players but when in XBMC the green button doesn't bring me to the main page. Everything else works fine! Any help?

So the Big Green start button does launch XBMC but it does not bring you back to the main XBMC home screen when he button is pressed again, right? If so then did you actually put my keyboard.xml v2.00 in this location %AppData%\XBMC\userdata\keymaps

If you already did that and it does not work then try this older Keyboard.xml v1.84 I am just trying to rule out a keyboard.xml issue first, assuming that you do not have any .ahk scripts in your task manager other than one of "Blind_Multi_GSB_script_v0.7.85 64bit or 32bit" depending on your OS and you already applied Muti.app.Config.v0.6.reg and restarted your PC.

Please let me know what you've done Smile

BTW: you did not mention what OS you have and what remote or PC you are using!?

Cheers,
EG.

Hi,

everything worked using the keyboard.xm v2.0

thanks

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - elitegamer360 - 2012-08-30

(2012-08-28, 02:58)TheFonz Wrote: ....
The last cap is from when the AutoHotKey GSB AllInOne script was closed.
Thanks EG

You see all the pictures you posted none of them actually sends "Ctrl+Alt+Enter". Seriously I just do not understand whats going on?! But now I think I do! To be honest I think what you are trying to do is to modify some of the registry keys to suit your own setup but forgetting that old registry file are causing your issues. You are doing this without telling me which is causing me a heading to be honest.

What I would advise you to do is re-install XBMCCustomregis v2.60.12 then restart, everything should work properly, now to modify the registry please use Config_Win7.v1.41.zip which includes all the new settings in config v1.41.reg. Please never use any of the old config files they are not compatible any more, and they are what causing you the issues. I figured this out from the pictures you posted because all of them send different "Win+alt" combinations.

please do what I suggested and I am sure this time things will work out fine for you. Smile

Cheers,
EG.
(2012-08-28, 03:45)StealthyMonk Wrote: Hello, I am using the Neon skin of xbmc eden v11.0. and One example I have tried is the DIY video add on. I have it set up as one of my custom home screen options. When I select it on the home screen, the next menu which is a program listing, none of the choices are highlighted which means I cant move up or down until I get my mouse and click on one. I have used the GSB All in one script.

I will look in to it and comeback to you, it sounds like a skin or XBMC problem rather than a remote issue. Hold on and I will let you know soon.

Cheers,
EG.
(2012-08-28, 23:37)Hetfiled Wrote: ....

Hi All
I tried your tip, and it works fine, but I would like to turn off my HTPC and not hibernate or suspend.

Could you tell me how I must to change this string?

Thanks

to shutdown use this instead:

Code:
0c,00,00,00,03,81,00,\ ; [Power]         - Sends "SHUTDOWN"

please note in windows 7 you can not wake up your PC after you shut it down, but from my testings in Windows 8 even if you shutdown your MCE remote can still wakeup your PC. It depends on your hardware after all.

Cheers,
EG.
(2012-08-29, 20:23)kiwi Wrote: ...

Hi,

everything worked using the keyboard.xm v2.0

thanks

Excellent, thank you for letting me know.

Cheers,
EG.

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - StealthyMonk - 2012-08-30

Awesome, thanks..look forward to your response as this is the last thing before Im all setup.

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - TheFonz - 2012-08-30

(2012-08-30, 01:33)elitegamer360 Wrote: You are doing this without telling me which is causing me a heading to be honest.

Sad. Sorry dude!
I shall do this and report back.

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - StealthyMonk - 2012-08-30

I have tested further...it definitly seems to be a skin or xbmc issue. When I first enter the menu (for DIY add-on) there is no selection highlighted. If I back out and then return to the menu the top choice is now highlighted and I can use the remote.

I understand this is no longer a related issue but I'd love any ideas on how to fix this.

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - Hetfiled - 2012-08-30

(2012-08-30, 01:33)elitegamer360 Wrote:
(2012-08-28, 23:37)Hetfiled Wrote: Could you tell me how I must to change this string?

Code:

please note in windows 7 you can not wake up your PC after you shut it down, but from my testings in Windows 8 even if you shutdown your MCE remote can still wakeup your PC. It depends on your hardware after all.

thank you
this evening i'll try your tips

I use an Harmony one remote and I have the built IR Imon and HP USB to, so I mapped to turn on the htpc with the Imon and turn off with HP/USB (perhaps the opposite Smile )

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - elitegamer360 - 2012-08-30

(2012-08-30, 02:34)TheFonz Wrote:
(2012-08-30, 01:33)elitegamer360 Wrote: You are doing this without telling me which is causing me a heading to be honest.

Sad. Sorry dude!
I shall do this and report back.

Do not worry dude, sorry I did not intend to be mean Angel . Just try what I suggested and I am sure it will work out for you Wink

Cheers,
EG.
(2012-08-30, 03:37)StealthyMonk Wrote: I have tested further...it definitly seems to be a skin or xbmc issue. When I first enter the menu (for DIY add-on) there is no selection highlighted. If I back out and then return to the menu the top choice is now highlighted and I can use the remote.

I understand this is no longer a related issue but I'd love any ideas on how to fix this.

Thats what I figured, I will test the Neon skin and other skins and will see what happens. If you want in the mean time you can post in the NEON sub forum, or you can wait till if I find out if its XBMC/Skin or addon issue.

Cheers,
EG.
(2012-08-30, 08:34)Hetfiled Wrote:
(2012-08-30, 01:33)elitegamer360 Wrote:
(2012-08-28, 23:37)Hetfiled Wrote: Could you tell me how I must to change this string?

Code:

thank you
this evening i'll try your tips

I use an Harmony one remote and I have the built IR Imon and HP USB to, so I mapped to turn on the htpc with the Imon and turn off with HP/USB (perhaps the opposite Smile )

OK, cool Smile

Cheers,
EG.

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - Ghostdivision - 2012-08-31

Elitegamer your solution to xbmc with an external player (tmt or powerdvd in my case) is a god send! That fix saved me from possibly rethinking my entire htpc setup!

I do have one huge question to ask, the dvd menu button on the remote seems to be bringing up the root menu in Total media theater or power dvd (i use these players for bluray) by default this button brings up the pop up menu without any scripts or anything.

Is their any possible way to change this? A few bluray tv shows sadly dont have a root menu, supernatural the tv show for instance the bluray has no root menu you only have a popup menu.

I noticed in the regfile you posted the dvd menu Is set for CTRL-SHIFT-M, by default it appears to be mapped to CTRL-SHIFT-U and in TMT or Powerdvd this brings up the popup menu, CTRL-SHIFT-M is for the root menu. If i change it to bring up the popup menu, will it no longer bring up the menu then in xbmc? I just want to make sure before i go messing around.

Actually my ideal situation is just to leave it, and make the guide button CTRL-SHIFT-U for popup menu, can I do this easily, I know how to alter your reg file, but Im not sure if i would have to do anything with your hotkey script, i have little to no knowledge of hotkey.

Its oh so close to working perfect I just hope i can fix this last little thing somehow!

And apologize if you want me to bring this up in the other thread, I can. Just thought you would notice it here.

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - elitegamer360 - 2012-08-31

(2012-08-31, 14:42)Ghostdivision Wrote: Elitegamer your solution to xbmc with an external player (tmt or powerdvd in my case) is a god send! That fix saved me from possibly rethinking my entire htpc setup!

I do have one huge question to ask, the dvd menu button on the remote seems to be bringing up the root menu in Total media theater or power dvd (i use these players for bluray) by default this button brings up the pop up menu without any scripts or anything.

Is their any possible way to change this? A few bluray tv shows sadly dont have a root menu, supernatural the tv show for instance the bluray has no root menu you only have a popup menu.

I noticed in the regfile you posted the dvd menu Is set for CTRL-SHIFT-M, by default it appears to be mapped to CTRL-SHIFT-U and in TMT or Powerdvd this brings up the popup menu, CTRL-SHIFT-M is for the root menu. If i change it to bring up the popup menu, will it no longer bring up the menu then in xbmc? I just want to make sure before i go messing around.

Actually my ideal situation is just to leave it, and make the guide button CTRL-SHIFT-U for popup menu, can I do this easily, I know how to alter your reg file, but Im not sure if i would have to do anything with your hotkey script, i have little to no knowledge of hotkey.

Its oh so close to working perfect I just hope i can fix this last little thing somehow!

And apologize if you want me to bring this up in the other thread, I can. Just thought you would notice it here.

Hi Ghostdivision,

Up to you to be honest! but yes, if you change the [DVD Menu] button then you will not be able to load the context menu in XBMC. If you want the [DVD Menu] button to send "CTRL+SHIFT+M" in XBMC and "CTRL+SHIFT+U" outside XBMC then I can do that for you by modifying the autohotkey script.

But if you feel you want to map the [Guide] button instead then change Muti.app.Config.v0.6.reg as follows.

Code:
26,00,00,00,04,01,0a,\ ; [Guide]         - SENDS "CTRL+G"

to
Code:
26,00,00,00,04,03,18,\ ; [Guide]         - SENDS "CTRL+SHIFT+U"

Cheers,
EG.

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - Ghostdivision - 2012-09-06

Thank you very much, the above fix works great.

I have two last requests I assume the first might be easy to solve, the 2nd im not sure if it can be done.

1. How would I change the live tv button to the context button in xbmc? I believe the context button is simply "C" in xbmc...

2. Is their anyway i can change record button to eject my disc tray?

Thanks again for your help.

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - elitegamer360 - 2012-09-07

(2012-09-06, 05:22)Ghostdivision Wrote: Thank you very much, the above fix works great.

I have two last requests I assume the first might be easy to solve, the 2nd im not sure if it can be done.

1. How would I change the live tv button to the context button in xbmc? I believe the context button is simply "C" in xbmc...

2. Is their anyway i can change record button to eject my disc tray?

Thanks again for your help.

You welcome Smile

1- Yes the context menu is "C" but to be compatible with WMCE we use "CTRL+G" instead, so edit Muti.app.Config.v0.6.reg and change:
Code:
25,00,00,00,04,01,17,\ ; [Live TV]         - SENDS "CTRL+T"
to
Code:
25,00,00,00,04,01,0a,\ ; [Live TV]         - SENDS "CTRL+G"

2- The easy way to do this as always is to use autohotkey, instead of creating a code from scratch I just googled it quickly and I found this code which worked on my PC and I only have one Bluray drive so not sure if it works if you have 2 optical drives. Use the string below, make sure you copy it and paste it right at the end of the autohotkey script you are using in your task bar at the moment. After you do that make sure you save the script then right click on the little green icon with a "H" in your task bar which is the script icon and select "Reload This Script"

This is the script:
Code:
^+z::
Drive, Eject
; If the command completed quickly, the tray was probably already ejected.
; In that case, retract it:
if A_TimeSinceThisHotkey < 500 ; Adjust this time if needed.
     Drive, Eject,, 1
return

Credit goes to "Gre" + reference http://www.autohotkey.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=734

I modified the script a little so you should map one of your remote buttons to "Ctrl+Shift+Z", if you are going to modify the reg file then use this as an example, all you have to do is modify the remote button that you want which is the first 2 bytes, in this case the button number is "5B", which is the red button
Code:
5B,00,00,00,04,00,2b,\ ; [Red]        - SENDS "TAB"

change it to
Code:
5B,00,00,00,04,03,1d,\ ; [Red]        - SENDS "Ctrl+Shift+Z"

or simply use MCEREMOTEMAPPER.exe the easiest tool to remap buttons.

hope this helps Smile
Cheers,
EG.

Replaced WinTV remote with HP. No workie. - fbacher - 2012-09-20

I have a Hauppauge 2250 and I had it's remote working fairly well using EventGhost. I got an HP ehome remote, but it isn't working properly.

XBMC Eden
XP SP3

I uninstalled the WinTV IR remote software.
I unplugged the WinTV transceiver from the WinTV card
I plugged in the HP transceiver
I installed the HP software which added an entry for the remote in the .ir file(or was it .nf) so that Windows would recognize it and install the proper driver.
I had to manually delete the IR from Device Manager, then it replaced its entry with the "Microsoft eHome Infrared Transceiver"
In the Device Manager I see the eHome transceiver and the eHome * keyboard and HID-compliant mouse entries.
I turned off EventGhost. I checked that the "Disable HID service for this remote" was unchecked.

I have rebooted a few times.
I have verified that the hardware works properly on my windows-7 laptop.

No luck. Showkey does not show any keys.
If I use EventGhost, then I can get things to work, so I know that the hardware works at some level, just apparently not as an eHome device.

I do remember that ages ago, when I installed the WinTV remote that I had to manually edit the .ir file to get it to recognize the remote as a Microsoft remote. Since the WinTV remote is integrated with the 2250 card it is possible that it is still loading the driver for the remote. Perhaps there is a conflict.

The next thing that I'll try is installing this on an XP that has never had a remote or WinTV installed on it.

Any thoughts?