Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way (/showthread.php?tid=78179)

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - Hetfiled - 2013-01-13

looking here http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Keymap.xml

there is these options:

Quote:subtitledelay ? (ACTION_SUBTITLE_DELAY)
SubtitleDelayMinus Decrease the delay amount of subtitles (use if subtitles are displaying too late)
SubtitleDelayPlus Increase the delay amount of subtitles (use if subtitles are displaying too early)

any idea how to open dialog box?

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - bimme - 2013-01-16

Hi all.
i´m using the streacom IRPB receiver with a Nevo S70, and would like to get the green button to start XBMC.
Using showkey this is the output of the green button:

<leftwindows mod="alt">Notification(Key, leftwindows, 3)</leftwindows>

So i tried to blind the command with a autohotkey script and redirect to the button "windows" from config 1.41...

i cant get the script to work...

maybe someone can help me?

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - Yukonhijack - 2013-01-16

(2012-11-16, 22:48)Traffic00 Wrote: I like the power button on the remote to sleep XBMC and not go to the shutdown menu.

How can I change this in windows8 Huh

I am trying to do the opposite, but cant make it work. I have Windows 8 Pro on my HTPC, but when I press the power button it goes to sleep, and not shutdown. Can I ask what your settings are and what remote you are using? I am dying to get to shutdown so that I can say everything works the way I want it to Smile

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - grnt - 2013-01-19

Hey all I'm trying to use the Auto Installer to get my HP Pavillion HDX remote to work on my WHS 2011 install (using the Win 7 Drivers as these normally work) I've installed the Win7 Option as well as the Auto Installer software but I get nothing at all when I try to use the remote. I can confirm that device manager is showing an ehome controller although it can not recognise drivers correctly as it has a little exclamation mark on it. Is there something I am missing?

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - Yukonhijack - 2013-01-24

(2013-01-16, 22:31)Yukonhijack Wrote:
(2012-11-16, 22:48)Traffic00 Wrote: I like the power button on the remote to sleep XBMC and not go to the shutdown menu.

How can I change this in windows8 Huh

I am trying to do the opposite, but cant make it work. I have Windows 8 Pro on my HTPC, but when I press the power button it goes to sleep, and not shutdown. Can I ask what your settings are and what remote you are using? I am dying to get to shutdown so that I can say everything works the way I want it to Smile

Can anyone help me out here? I am trying to do a one button total HTPC shutdown command. I installed the customregis software, but when I do a power off, it only launches the shutdown dialog box. I would like to be able to just press the power button on my harmony one and have the PC shutdown completely. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Greg

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - Ghostdivision - 2013-01-25

Elitegamer sorry to bother you, but you have been very helpful previously customizing my xbmc mce remote setup.

Is there anyway I can make record button on my remote perform alt-F4?

I am using your Muti.app.Config.v0.6.reg setup where the remote commands work in xbmc as well as in mce devices.

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - McGoogley - 2013-01-30

This is all great advice, but if we want XBMC to graduate from hobbyist software it needs to ship with a much friendlier remote mapping. If you go with the default Windows setting with a default MCE remote, it's just not ready for primetime and having to jump through all these hoops is excruciating.

I don't understand the default choices made. It's a dog's breakfast.

Are we heading in that direction yet with Android or is this obscure farce going to continue until some other alternative comes along and does it properly?

I mean, the XBOX remote "just worked." This is a complete pain in the ass.

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - originalgabriel - 2013-02-01

(2013-01-25, 10:48)Ghostdivision Wrote: Elitegamer sorry to bother you, but you have been very helpful previously customizing my xbmc mce remote setup.

Is there anyway I can make record button on my remote perform alt-F4?

I am using your Muti.app.Config.v0.6.reg setup where the remote commands work in xbmc as well as in mce devices.

If you can tell me what the record button is currently sending, I can tell you how to ramap it.

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - mag_sol76 - 2013-02-04

For your info: the Asrock VisionX does also ship with the Nuvoton and the Asrock supplied mceremote is also missing several buttons...

I hade the same problems that existed on page 51 of this thread. My workaround was to use an exernal mce ir receiver and an original mce remote. Ugly, but, hey it works with XBMC anyway

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - deh2k7 - 2013-02-11

Do any of the scripts and/or keymaps need to be updated for Frodo?

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - emagin - 2013-02-12

I am using the Customregis (RC6) from this site:
http://xbmccustomregis.sourceforge.net/remote_manu.html

I had installed it under Eden, but it still works perfect under Frodo.
MCE Remote
Power button wakes up my revo
Green button always launches / focuses XBMC
All remote buttons seem to work fine though I only use about 7-8 of them.

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - robert1901 - 2013-02-18

How do i turn subtitles on/off with the MCE remote when playing movies
I installed the software from xbmccustomregis website and everything is working fine for me

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - originalgabriel - 2013-02-19

(2013-02-18, 21:58)robert1901 Wrote: How do i turn subtitles on/off with the MCE remote when playing movies
I installed the software from xbmccustomregis website and everything is working fine for me

You'll need to remap one of the unused keys to send the proper command.

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - emagin - 2013-02-21

I hit the center okay button and then navigate to audio speaker to select audio settings for stubs on/off.
Maybe you're looking for a direct 1button short cut and I'm not sure how to do that. definitely key mapping

(2013-02-18, 21:58)robert1901 Wrote: How do i turn subtitles on/off with the MCE remote when playing movies

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - robert1901 - 2013-02-21

yea im looking to do it with a one button hit on and off whats the easiest way to do this??

anybody else having youtube problems since doing the custom remote thing videos dont play for me anymore on youtube it just says could not locate URL strange