Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way (/showthread.php?tid=78179)

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - McGoogley - 2013-04-09

Is it just me or is setting up your remote the most horrible convoluted infuriating part of XBMC?

Why has there been so much attention directed at crap like fanart and none at rationalizing this complete and utter abortion?

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - akiaki - 2013-04-09

(2013-04-09, 14:12)McGoogley Wrote: Is it just me or is setting up your remote the most horrible convoluted infuriating part of XBMC?

Why has there been so much attention directed at crap like fanart and none at rationalizing this complete and utter abortion?

Hahaha, couldn't agree with you more, I have a friend who is trying to setup mce remote with xbmc and the saddest thing is I remember having so much hard time getting it to work and now I cannot remember what I did...
Why this is not standard in every installation escapes me. I always compare xbmc and mediaportal and the combination of two would be winner of all time htpc software wars, but I must say that in mp settings you tick mce remote and that's it.. It works..

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - Audible101 - 2013-04-09

Great guide thank you.

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - ghart999 - 2013-05-01

First off, I just reinstalled windows on a new SSD along with the same version of Windows, XBMC, and xbmcustomreg.

I am having two issues.

1) When I launch XBMC from the green button it launches in the background. I know there is a new Smartfocus feature, but it does not seem like this anything to do with how XBMC is launched?

2) As soon as I am in XBMC I only get the remote to respond to the same command once. I have to then select a different button and then can go back to the original button I wanted. For example, if I want to scroll down a list of movies in XBMC, I hit down. I can only go down one time no matter how many times I click down. But if I click left, I can then click down again one more time. Same with any buttons I am using on the remote. Any ideas?

Thank you.

1- What Operating system are you using? Windows & 64-bit Home Premium
2- What Remote are using? Mediagate
3- Was the Remote Certified for use with Windows XP, Vista or Windows 7? Yes
4- What IR receiver are you using? HTPC built-in or a USB one? Did the IR receiver come with your remote or did you buy it separately? It is an HP receiver that was recommended by many on the forum. It works great and I had no issues before the reinstall.
5- IF you are using a USB IR receiver have you got a built-in IR receiver in your HTPC by any chance? Have you disabled the Built-in IR receiver before using the USB one? No built-in receiver.
6- Is your IR Receiver listed as "Microsoft eHome Infrared Transceiver" under the "Human Interface Devices" in the "Device Manager"? Yes
7- Have you tried any kind of software before trying my customised setup? Have you used any apps like EventGhost before using my setup? This is*IMPORTANT, if you used Eventghost in the past you might still have the "Hid service disabled" then you need to Enable the HID service again by*UNTICKING*"Disable hid Service"*in EventGhost. No eventy ghost or any other software that controls/maps commands.
8- Please let me know which version of the .reg file you used or if you used the Auto installer method? Used autoinstaller. Latest version.
9- If its Keyboard.xml issue, then please include what version did you use and where did you put it? Also if you changed anything in the Keyboard.xml in the system installation folder of XBMC? Doesn't seem to be a keyboard.xml issue.
10- Finally What XBMC version are you using? 12.1

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - ghart999 - 2013-05-02

What happened to EliteGamer? He hasn't responded to this thread in 6 months?

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - baijuxavior - 2013-05-02

(2013-04-09, 11:26)arthurd123 Wrote: Anyway let me not bore with all the unimportant stuff. So I have my Silverstone LC16m case with iMON IR VDF, Windows 7 x64 SP1 and a latest version of XBMC Frodo 12.1. For my remote I'am using Harmony 650 which emulates MCE remote. I have added XBMC in the applications list in iMON Manager and I'm getting basic function now. I can navigate around play, pause and stop movies. Even the info button is working however I still need to configure button like:

- Live TV
- Guide
- EPG
- Menu
- Videos
- TV Shows
- My Music etc....

My question is this setup on this thread going to help me at all? If not can someone please point me in the right direction. I think XBMC Windows edition should be remote control compatible from the box it's a shame you have tinker so much just to get you remote control working. Anyway I'm not complaining so if anyone could help I would greatly appreciate it.

This is not a problem with MCE, because iMON uses its own api to work with mce remote controls. You need to manually configure iMON manager to control xbmc. I have done that in my Antec HTPC.

(2013-05-01, 07:33)ghart999 Wrote: 2) As soon as I am in XBMC I only get the remote to respond to the same command once. I have to then select a different button and then can go back to the original button I wanted. For example, if I want to scroll down a list of movies in XBMC, I hit down. I can only go down one time no matter how many times I click down. But if I click left, I can then click down again one more time. Same with any buttons I am using on the remote. Any ideas?

Are you using a universal remote control copying ir codes from the original mce remote control? I once copied the IR codes of HP mce to URC and I found the same problem where only one key will work at a time.

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - ghart999 - 2013-05-02

baijuxavior - wow yes this is the case with me. I use a different remote that learned the codes from my MCE remote. Problem is I cannot find the original since it has never been an issue in the 3 years I have been using XBMC. I will have to look long and hard for the remote.

Thank you for the tip.

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - baijuxavior - 2013-05-02

^^ MCE uses a different frequency than normal IR remotes and it may not function correctly with URC. You can use eventghost to capture the signals and control xbmc. It works, except for continous keypress required for volume and arrow keys.

Edit - I recently bought FLIRC and it is highly recommended as it can use any remote to control xbmc and other programs. Only problem I have is with active 3d of Sony TV which uses IR. FLIRC will not work when the 3d is turned on.

I am actually using the Mediagate MCE remote. What is URC?

For the mapped remote I use a Home Theater Theater Master MX-500

URC - universal remote control like Logitech Harmony or One4All.

So yes the problem is the remote I am using. The MCE remote works fine.

Why would my preferred remote no longer work correctly since it has been great for 4 years? I am very sad right now.

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - cadams8221218 - 2013-05-03

i am stuck, i have to place the ahk script in my startup folder, but it says
N
ow place your .ahk script in your Startup folder for all users like for example as shown here for windows 7 x64 %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\ .
4- Now just double click on the script file to activate it.

but i have 32 bit, then it says

- The default location of XBMC in the script for Win 32bit:
C:\Program Files\XBMC\XBMC.exe

im a little confused here, im trying to get my remote working so i can get my channel lineup, from what i gathered i have to use an ir blaster to get the channel lineup first but i only see the option in nextpvr to use my internal hauppauge blaster which sucks so im going the external route, then im going to open xmbc to finish the live tv setup, please help someone

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - baijuxavior - 2013-05-03

^^ Click Start > All Programs > Startup. Right click > Open. Drag and drop the script.

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - molama - 2013-05-08

I have Asrock with this remote. ----> Image

I have updated XBMC to 12.2 and now keys above green and yellow buttons doesn't work anymore.
Also when I press shutdown button now XBMC goes directly to sleep or hibernate, before was "Shutdown menu".
In XBMC version 12.1 everything was working fine. The button above yellow was "Context menu", how can I turn everything
back to normal (previous) state.

Cheers

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - baijuxavior - 2013-05-08

^^ I have created advancedmcemapper tool. http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=164252
Download and run it. It will show you which button sends which commands. Set the power button to send 'S' to show shutdown menu and yellow button to 'C' to show context menu. Apply and reboot.