Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way (/showthread.php?tid=78179)

- StevenSeagull - 2010-10-11

Actually doesent for me and from time to time i have to attach a usb keyboard to logoff. It seems it has to do with suspend resume and usb behavior. Have tried to detach / attach usb reciever without success.

- ubuntuf4n - 2010-10-11

Elitegamer,
thanks for this nice tutorial.
You're doing a really great job.

Best Regards,
Ubuntuf4n

- elitegamer360 - 2010-10-11

@ Ubuntuf4n: thanks mate hope that the tutorial is easy to understand Smile

@ Stevenseagull: mate I really do not know what's happening with your set up. Have you made sure after quiting XBMC that no XBMC process still running in the task manager. May be if you post a debug we'll be able to find what's going wrong!

Thanks for trying to help me. Actually i digged into debug log and find no clue. Gave up on that. Nope Xbmc is not present as some kind of dead exe in resident memory. I know becouse i looked whats possibly interfering and found nothing. Good try though.
On this pc i have installed only harware enabling drivers, WinRAR and nothing more.
Never had issues with evenghost tho althrough it was not nearly as good as this.
It must be something really stupid i overlooked. Possbly a bios glitch that triggers afer a certain amount of standby wakes.

I got it! Elitegamer360 you were helpfull alot.
If i press twice the greeen button it doesent load xbmc twice, but F**** up the green button. No resident xbmc instances either. Any way to flush the MCE remote controller upon exiting xbmc perhaps?

StevenSeagull Wrote:I got it! Elitegamer360 you were helpfull alot.
If i press twice the greeen button it doesent load xbmc twice, but F**** up the green button. No resident xbmc instances either. Any way to flush the MCE remote controller upon exiting xbmc perhaps?

Yes I realised that! when I have XBMC running and if I press the green start button it F**** up XBMC not just the green button, maybe we need to report that as a bug to xbmc devs as I do not think we can do anything about it except avoid pressing the green start button twice!

Believe me I learnt to keep my finger away from the green start button just so that I do not scew it up and avoid having to get off my comfy sofa! lol

And i believe i got why it takes a week usually. Thats the time needed my wife presses almost all the remote buttons when trying to grasp it half asleep. Big Grin

StevenSeagull Wrote:And i believe i got why it takes a week usually. Thats the time needed my wife presses almost all the remote buttons when trying to grasp it half asleep. Big Grin

lol! jokes man Laugh any ways let us know how it goes without pressing the button twice Smile

- Zanon - 2010-10-11

Tutorial worked beautifully! Thanks for taking the time to make it

- elitegamer360 - 2010-10-12

Zanon Wrote:Tutorial worked beautifully! Thanks for taking the time to make it

happy to hear that Smile you're welcome Wink

- sergiocos - 2010-10-12

Thanks for the tutorial! I finally got the time to map every key on my remote without any struggle.

- elitegamer360 - 2010-10-12

sergiocos Wrote:Thanks for the tutorial! I finally got the time to map every key on my remote without any struggle.

nice one Big Grin

- SilverJS - 2010-10-13

Very helpful, well done. The tutorial was especially helpful. I mapped my Mediagate remote without much issue, and I'm super happy.

Only comment I would make is, for n00b's like me, to make it even easier :

With respect, I find the info in the original post to be a bit more scattered than it needs to be. You have a series of four steps in your original post, in bold. That's what guys like me are going to focus on. I had to re-read that post two or three times to figure out that I needed to create a desktop shortcut to XBMC and map it to CTRL-SHFT-W. That's elsewhere in the post, I know, but just for efficiency, I would suggest putting it in the list, with a short explanation as to why.

Also, as alluded to when you replied to another thread of mine (thanks!) : You might want to mention, in the original post, that you will need to take the contents of the .reg file you have us download - which is a .txt file -, copy-paste that into another Notepad file, and then name THAT one remoteremap.reg. At least, that's what I had to do.

But, those are very minor quibbles. Anybody who searches a bit will find the info they're looking for - I did - but it would just make it more convenient.

Well done, thanks again!

- elitegamer360 - 2010-10-13

SilverJS Wrote:Very helpful, well done. The tutorial was especially helpful. I mapped my Mediagate remote without much issue, and I'm super happy.

With respect, I find the info in the original post to be a bit more scattered than it needs to be. You have a series of four steps in your original post, in bold. That's what guys like me are going to focus on. I had to re-read that post two or three times to figure out that I needed to create a desktop shortcut to XBMC and map it to CTRL-SHFT-W. That's elsewhere in the post, I know, but just for efficiency, I would suggest putting it in the list, with a short explanation as to why.

Also, as alluded to when you replied to another thread of mine (thanks!) : You might want to mention, in the original post, that you will need to take the contents of the .reg file you have us download - which is a .txt file -, copy-paste that into another Notepad file, and then name THAT one remoteremap.reg. At least, that's what I had to do.

But, those are very minor quibbles. Anybody who searches a bit will find the info they're looking for - I did - but it would just make it more convenient.

Well done, thanks again!

Thanks for your comments, I will do as you say no worries Smile

Regarding the .reg file no not really you do not have to copy it's contents to another .txt file and renaming it as .reg because it's already a reg and should work but you might not have it associated in windows properly! Take note of what mach170 said in your thread Smile but will make note any ways about it.

Cheers Smile

- elitegamer360 - 2010-10-14

SilverJS Wrote:Very helpful, well done. The tutorial was especially helpful. I mapped my Mediagate remote without much issue, and I'm super happy.

Well done, thanks again!

First Post redone, I hope its better now Big Grin