Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way (/showthread.php?tid=78179)

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - dbenyakar - 2015-01-17

It is selected as MCE. And as I mentioned, only Play/Pause/FF/Stop/RWD buttons are not being recognized. Other buttons work as before.
Its Kodi specific issue which I cannot find a solution to.

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - dbenyakar - 2015-01-18

Well I fixed this but configuring the iMON Manager.
If anyone uses iMON Manager in his HTPC you can add Kodi as one of the programs.
First of all download the latest iMON Manager driver, then go into the iMON Manager, and select Settings->Programs Command.
Then press Scan Installed Programs. Once finished, click on Add Program so you can add Kodi to the programs list. It will load the key mapping. So all you have to do is restart Kodi.

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - cpeisher - 2015-01-18

Hi i was succesfully using the BGS button on my VRC-1100 remote to start XBMC. I downloaded and use Kodi now, but i cannot get the BGS to start Kodi. I've used your guide and the manual and auto installer, but it just won't work. The remote will control functions once i manually open Kodi, but i cannot get it to START. Per the instructions on your web page:
1 - Win7 64-but
2 - VRC-1100
3 - I'm not sure, it was working with XBMC
4 - The one that came with the remote
5 - No built in IRR on my pc
6 - NO i do no see Microsoft eHome Infrared Transceiver, just a few HID-compliant devices etc.
7 - I don't think i used any software before, but rather did a similar registry editing type solution. I woudl not have done this myself, rather followed a guide to walk me through the process. It's just been so long that i can't remember what i did to get the BGS button on this remote to start XBMC. I don't think i used eventghost because i don't see eventghost as an installed program on my PC
8 - Auto-Installer
9 - I don't know if it's a keyboard.xml issue or not.
10 - Kodi 14.0, Compiled December 23

Please let me know what i need to do to be able to launch Kodi from the green start button on this remote. Anything other than that in the remote fuctions would just be icing on teh cake. Thanks for all your hard work.
Chris

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - fabd - 2015-01-26

Hello,

First time on KODI/XBMC... 10 years that i used WMC. It's a bit new for me and even if there are some good guy that try to make life easier, i have some trouble about the remote.

I have 2 remote : Harmony One (configured like a MCE Remote control) and a RC6 remote with E Home microsoft receiver drivers.

I setup xbmccustomregis successfully.

I can launch KODI with the HOME Button of the RC6 remote. But when i'm under KODI, the Green button doesn't work, and i would like to open the main menu. I add to discover new button and it's a little weird when we were used to WMC.

Is it possible to switch ?

Another question : why my harmony works for every button but not the OK ?! same configuration, same function, but OK but doesn't work at all. Any idea ?

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - baijuxavior - 2015-01-26

(2015-01-26, 12:37)fabd Wrote: Hello,

First time on KODI/XBMC... 10 years that i used WMC. It's a bit new for me and even if there are some good guy that try to make life easier, i have some trouble about the remote.

I have 2 remote : Harmony One (configured like a MCE Remote control) and a RC6 remote with E Home microsoft receiver drivers.

I can launch KODI with the HOME Button of the RC6 remote. But when i'm under KODI, the Green button doesn't work, and i would like to open the main menu. I add to discover new button and it's a little weird when we were used to WMC.

Another question : why my harmony works for every button but not the OK ?! same configuration, same function, but OK but doesn't work at all. Any idea ?

Read http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=78179&pid=1859649#pid1859649

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - fabd - 2015-01-26

Thanks, i will try tonight

And, any idea about the OK button on the HARMONY that doesn't work althought it configured like the RC6 remote ?

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - fabd - 2015-01-27

Hello,

I try to edit the 2 files, restart the computer and here is what i see after restarting :
- not able to launch kodi with the green button
- under kodi, not able to focus on the menu when pressing the green button

i add to restore the two files and reinstall xbmccustomregis to get it work back.

I also noticed that i can't use the pad number on the remote to change channel. At the begging there was a small remote on the screen to select channel, but it doesnt work at all now.

The record button doesn't work too.

Is there a simple way to manually edit the remote configuration to change the GUIDE button to see the FULL EPG programm ? With advanced mce remote mapper ?

Thanks for your help. KODI is a really great soft but PVR function are poor comparing to WMC

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - baijuxavior - 2015-01-27

(2015-01-27, 09:57)fabd Wrote: Hello,

I try to edit the 2 files, restart the computer and here is what i see after restarting :

i add to restore the two files and reinstall xbmccustomregis to get it work back.

I also noticed that i can't use the pad number on the remote to change channel. At the begging there was a small remote on the screen to select channel, but it doesnt work at all now.

Is there a simple way to manually edit the remote configuration to change the GUIDE button to see the FULL EPG programm ? With advanced mce remote mapper ?

Thanks for your help. KODI is a really great soft but PVR function are poor comparing to WMC

Use the mce mapper tool in my signature and find out the key for OK button, Green Start Button and Guide button. Then edit Kodi keyboard.xml file to get the required action. You can also use the kodilauncher if you want to start kodi with start button and return to home menu.

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - fabd - 2015-01-28

(2015-01-26, 14:48)baijuxavior Wrote:
(2015-01-26, 12:37)fabd Wrote: Hello,

Read http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=78179&pid=1859649#pid1859649

(2015-01-27, 14:15)baijuxavior Wrote:
(2015-01-27, 09:57)fabd Wrote: Hello,

Use the mce mapper tool in my signature and find out the key for OK button, Green Start Button and Guide button. Then edit Kodi keyboard.xml file to get the required action. You can also use the kodilauncher if you want to start kodi with start button and return to home menu.

Yes, i tried your software, but not enough time to go to the end of test...

i will post my test tonight, thanks

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - fabd - 2015-01-28

One other mark :
- when using kodi launcher, the green button is ok for launching, but not for poping the home menu inside kodi
- when replacing shell explorer by kodi, all running service/program are not lauching because of explorer shell doesn't start : the WMC PVR server doesnt launch and kodi doesnt work fine

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - fabd - 2015-01-29

Hi again

After some test, i am going to be crazy.

I tried to use Advanced MCE Remote Mapper, but don't understand what the use for me....

I tried to edit the keyboard. xml and i see that all button were mapped correctly, but, when i'm under kodi, this is not what we expected.
Here is a summary of my problems :

Green button : doesnt work at all under kodi
Record TV : show technical information about cpu utilisation
red button : seems to be the green home button

here is the remote i have :

I tryed to uninstall and the reinstall xbmcustregis but no change.

Can someone help me to find out why it doesnt work for me ?

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - urbanriot - 2015-02-03

fabd, I have the same remote, a genuine RC6, and similar issues with xbmcustregis brought me here.

First time trying this hack and I was very happy that the Media Center button now loads Kodi or at the very least doesn't load Media Center while Kodi was up. I suppose I could have just had that with autohotkey but this made it easier.

Unfortunately other aspects of my control have been broken with this hack. My primary issue is that I have Kodi configured to Show Information when I hit the "OK" button but now it seems "OK" has been overridden with "PLAY".

Does anyone know how we can resolve our issues?

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - RamboUnchained - 2015-02-03

The customregis is nearly perfect, but AHK is kind of a dealbreaker. I appreciate all of the effort you've put into this project. After 9...10 years, you'd think re-mapping would be possible from within the GUI by now. The MCERemote addon is kinda...well, I wouldn't be here if it was any good lol.

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - flskydiver - 2015-02-08

Love Autohotkey, really enjoy your remote hacks so far (I only discovered them yesterday!) ; as I've spent the last week or so setting up Kodi the last few days on my new laptop and a newly rooted Amazon Fire TV, both drawing collections from a new NAS (which was a horrendous pain the a-- to copy data to).

Specifically, though, I'm using Kodi 14.0 Helix and "Xbmccustomregis v2.80.01" on my outrageously overpowered new Sager NP8278-S (Clevo P170SM-A) laptop where I'm already using a custom autohotkey script. I attempted to integrate your script into mine (first, because I prefer only having one script running at a time, and second, because I prefer the "#NoTrayIcon" option. Upon doing so, though, I noticed your script had one or more undefined variables that don't seem to be a problem in practice, but do seem to trip up autohotkey's "#Warn" feature which reports the error.

Of course, the easiest solutions are either (a) remove the #Warn feature from my own script if I insist on just having one going at a time, or (b) adding the "#NoTrayIcon" option to yours (which works as expected). I haven't studied it too closely, but it does appear the variable issue happens in your script, unmodified in any way except as in adding "#Warn" under "#NoEnv", so I wonder if you might think it bears looking into.

Also, I appreciate definitely appreciate you directing us to "MceRemoteMapper", which helped me get my volume control back after it expectantly went away after installing your app (probably because of interference with my own remapping, via authotkey, of my function keys).

Thank you, and blue skies!

RE: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way - Hetfiled - 2015-02-14

hi all

is it possible to map a button to launch a specified smartplaylist?