Kodi Community Forum
AudioEngine branch - DO NOT REQUEST BINARY BUILDS - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Kodi Application (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=93)
+--- Thread: AudioEngine branch - DO NOT REQUEST BINARY BUILDS (/showthread.php?tid=78289)

- cavamora - 2011-05-02

when can we expect an AE branch for atv 2g? im dying for dts to ac3 onthefly transcoding... thanks for this great work...

- davilla - 2011-05-02

cavamora Wrote:when can we expect an AE branch for atv 2g? im dying for dts to ac3 onthefly transcoding... thanks for this great work...

There is no time schedule. Stop asking for this.

- steelman1991 - 2011-05-02

gnif Wrote:I added TrueHD first because it seemed like the harder of the two to add first, and if major changes needed to be made to accommodate it, I could do so without having to break the DTS-HD code.
Sheer genius mate - keep it going, like others I'm really looking forward to DTS-HD implementation. Big GrinBig Grin

- lloydsmart - 2011-05-02

Hmm... I'm having a minor problem I hope someone on this thread can help me with.

Running the latest build on Windows 7, I have all the passthrough formats working perfectly (thanks!), but when I try to play something like mp3 or aac that decodes on the local machine, it doesn't work. My amp makes the clicky noises, but doesn't play any audio.

Any help appreciated, thanks!

- steelman1991 - 2011-05-03

lloydsmart Wrote:Hmm... I'm having a minor problem I hope someone on this thread can help me with.

Running the latest build on Windows 7, I have all the passthrough formats working perfectly (thanks!), but when I try to play something like mp3 or aac that decodes on the local machine, it doesn't work. My amp makes the clicky noises, but doesn't play any audio.

Any help appreciated, thanks!
Me too. Assuming its just a foible of the dev build and will make a re-appearance once fixed by Gnif Nod

- ArtVandelae - 2011-05-03

That's weird, I just tried the build I posted and it plays everything fine on both of my computers. Can you post a debug log?

- Calvados - 2011-05-03

That problem might be linked with one I reported before on ALSA: if you play a passthrough track, playing a normal track afterwards have the channel mapping and sometimes rate wrong (playing normal tracks until a passthrough is played works fine). The problem is even more self evident when you play a PCM multichannel (FLAC 5.1), you, at best, loose some channels or it plays totally wrong (esp. if said flac is not in the more than 48Khz range).

Or it's something entirely different, I am speculating.

- Mrfingers - 2011-05-03

Here's my debug log. MP3's have no audio and navigation sounds have no audio. Was so jacked about the TrueHD working I didn't notice the navigation sounds.Big Grin

Also noticed no audio with this movie as well. Shows audio as ffmpeg[4B0]: Stream #0.1(eng): Audio: pcm_s24le, 48000 Hz, 6 channels, s32, 6912 kb/s

http://pastebin.com/WpJdXk8B

Hope this helps.

- Slipx - 2011-05-03

Mrfingers Wrote:Here's my debug log. MP3's have no audio and navigation sounds have no audio. Was so jacked about the TrueHD working I didn't notice the navigation sounds.Big Grin

Also noticed no audio with this movie as well. Shows audio as ffmpeg[4B0]: Stream #0.1(eng): Audio: pcm_s24le, 48000 Hz, 6 channels, s32, 6912 kb/s

http://pastebin.com/WpJdXk8B

Hope this helps.

This might seem obvious but did you check to see if the volume levels have been muted within xbmc?

I'm not sure its related but I've been getting some strange audio behaviour with the latest nightly builds. The sound will sometimes mute itself or I will get no sound after pausing for a long time and the only way to get it back is to cycle "modes" on my receiver i.e. Dolby Pro Logic --> Stereo --> Dolby Pro Logic.

Might only be isolated to HDMI?

- Calvados - 2011-05-03

Slipx Wrote:This might seem obvious but did you check to see if the volume levels have been muted within xbmc?

Good point. I remember the first time I ran AE, the volume was set super low, couldn't hear anything. Definitely worth checking.

- liquidskin76 - 2011-05-03

Calvados Wrote:That problem might be linked with one I reported before on ALSA: if you play a passthrough track, playing a normal track afterwards have the channel mapping and sometimes rate wrong (playing normal tracks until a passthrough is played works fine). The problem is even more self evident when you play a PCM multichannel (FLAC 5.1), you, at best, loose some channels or it plays totally wrong (esp. if said flac is not in the more than 48Khz range).

Or it's something entirely different, I am speculating.

I'm seeing the same behaviour with 5.1/7.1 flac files on Win7, whereas i get no audio. It's possible it's the same problem as i was testing TrueHD bitstreaming at the time, however i will have to test again to be 100% sure. I'll also post debug logs when i get chance to test this evening.

Slipx Wrote:This might seem obvious but did you check to see if the volume levels have been muted within xbmc?

Calvados Wrote:Good point. I remember the first time I ran AE, the volume was set super low, couldn't hear anything. Definitely worth checking.

Possible however wouldn't that also affect the volume when bitstreaming?

When i've tested in the past (months ago now) the audio was muted, however the muted icon was visible. I believe it was related to the <volumeamplification>...</volumeamplification> setting in guisettings.xml, and the fact that it needed adjusting to match AE's requirement. Guessing that's fixed now though?

Cheers

- Calvados - 2011-05-03

Bitstreaming wouldn't be affected since it is passed trough and hence volume depends on the receiver entirely. Other track are mixed, so if you set volume to close to nil, you wouldn't hear it even with receiver set to 40 Wink.

- liquidskin76 - 2011-05-03

Calvados Wrote:Bitstreaming wouldn't be affected since it is passed trough and hence volume depends on the receiver entirely. Other track are mixed, so if you set volume to close to nil, you wouldn't hear it even with receiver set to 40 Wink.

Actually i had a feeling that might be case. If needed i'll test again this evening when i'm home from work.

Cheers

- Mrfingers - 2011-05-03

Calvados Wrote:Good point. I remember the first time I ran AE, the volume was set super low, couldn't hear anything. Definitely worth checking.

You all were correct. Volume in XBMC was all the way down. Thanks to everyone.

- Mrfingers - 2011-05-03

You all were correct. Volume in XBMC was turned all the way down. Thanks to everyone!