Kodi Community Forum
AudioEngine branch - DO NOT REQUEST BINARY BUILDS - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Kodi Application (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=93)
+--- Thread: AudioEngine branch - DO NOT REQUEST BINARY BUILDS (/showthread.php?tid=78289)

[AppleTV2] AC3 Passthrough - blub3k - 2011-07-08

Hello gnif,

i have a Sony STR-DB940 QS A/V Receiver.
I am using the latest nightly iOS-ATV build on my AppleTV2.
I have iOS 4.3.3

Problem now: AC3 Passthrough does not work -> no sound -> some random noises when skipping the video.
DTS works fine btw.

If needed i could be a tester for AE.

Thanks

Sony STR-DB940 QS Manual

- gnif - 2011-07-10

@blub3k - I am unaware of any new AC3 issues, can you please provide your log and the details of your audio settings in XBMC.

@lloydsmart - DTS-HD HR needs to be properly implemented still, and numerous other things before it will be ready for merge, the main hold-up is getting OSX support working.

- liquidskin76 - 2011-07-11

Thanks gnif, ArtVandelae, and anyone else who has worked on AE. Tested the Windows build files that ArtVandelae fixed and everything is cool. TrueHD and DTS-HD are rocking.

Thanks again! Wink

- T800 - 2011-07-11

liquidskin76 Wrote:Thanks gnif, ArtVandelae, and anyone else who has worked on AE. Tested the Windows build files that ArtVandelae fixed and everything is cool. TrueHD and DTS-HD are rocking.

Thanks again! Wink

Can you give me the link to ArtVandelae's Windows build?

- gnif - 2011-07-11

There are no binary builds - Please stop asking.

- T800 - 2011-07-11

Sorry, I was able to try ArtVandelae's other build after TrueHD was added. I didn't realise I was asking for anything different this time.

- gnif - 2011-07-11

@T800 - No problems, binary builds are not to be released yet, if you wish for a windows build you should get Visual Studio and do it yourself (its free), he has only updated the Visual Studio build files for building XBMC from source.

- T800 - 2011-07-11

OK gnif I will give it a shot, thanks.

- Philmatic - 2011-07-11

When was the last time Master was merged into AE? I'm mainly asking what version the XBMC library is at in the AE branch.

- Roelio - 2011-07-11

gnif and Anssi awesome work !

<3 Wink

- muggi - 2011-07-11

Hi

A question.... Can the New Audio Engine adjust Volume on Digital Output(spdif)?

- ImpreZa - 2011-07-11

Is there an AEbranch that works on Atv2.

- Mrfingers - 2011-07-12

Gnif, ArtVandelae and Anssi, fantastic! Dolby True HD and DTS-HD working on Windows build.Nod

- gnif - 2011-07-12

@Mrfingers, @Roelio - Thanks, nice to hear people are having success with it, I only have a few short sample files with DTS-HD in them so I was kind of expecting lots of failure reports.

@ImpreZa - gimli is working on this

@muggi - It depends, if it is transcoded it can, but if it is pure pass-through it can not. This will NEVER be fixed, its impossible to manipulate the stream when pass-through is used.

@Philmatic - I do it every few weeks, I try not to do it too often as it breaks the windows build files.

- furii - 2011-07-12

i've been having trouble getting dts-hd files to play on my system from the command line with aplay. basically the dts-hd light will come on on my receiver then off then on then off with no sound. i assume if this is failing xbmc will not play dts-hd either, correct?

i've tried it with an asus gt430, gt520 and zotac gt430. also upgraded from lucid to natty based on anssi's suggestion. the only thing i can think of is that it's an issue with the receiver itself, pioneer vsx-1020. has anyone had luck with this receiver?