Kodi Community Forum
AudioEngine branch - DO NOT REQUEST BINARY BUILDS - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Kodi Application (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=93)
+--- Thread: AudioEngine branch - DO NOT REQUEST BINARY BUILDS (/showthread.php?tid=78289)

- gnif - 2011-07-12

@furii - No, it will not work that way with aplay, the stream needs to be encapsulated before your receiver will recognise it and decode it. XBMC should work fine however.

- furii - 2011-07-12

gnif Wrote:@furii - No, it will not work that way with aplay, the stream needs to be encapsulated before your receiver will recognise it and decode it. XBMC should work fine however.

i'm pretty sure they are. i was using the samples from here, not a raw dts-hd stream. i'll try compiling the latest ae build a little later today.

- gnif - 2011-07-12

@furii - Yes, you are correct, that is valid what you are doing, and if it doesnt work, AE will not either, Anssi assisted me with getting this support in, so it works in a very similar way to how ffmpeg encapsulates the data.

- giantpopples - 2011-07-12

Hi !

First of all thank you gniff for your amazing work, you're going pretty fast with AE !!

I compiled Xbmc AE from ArtVandelae (windows directx), and i tested it with original blu rays on disc with DTS-HD MA, DTS-HD-HR and Dolby TrueHD (plus DTS and AC3) and everything worked fine for me ! I may test 5.1 LPCM with my blu ray from 300 later on.

My graphic card is a Radeon 5650 under Windows 7 x64 and my amp a Denon 1910.

The only issue i had was with stereo streams (mp3 or LPCM), no sound output at all. I have a 5.1 setup defined, that may be the explanation (stereo to 5.1 matrix ? No error on the debug log).

Thanks again for your awesome work Cool

Solve - Wanilton - 2011-07-12

@giantpopples - The only issue i had was with stereo streams (mp3 or LPCM), no sound output at all. I have a 5.1 setup defined, that may be the explanation (stereo to 5.1 matrix ? No error on the debug log).

Try this:

Use + in keyboard, audio is 0 for me, go to 1 - Press "+" 10 times...this solve your situation...in my case audio volume is ok, but I think it´s a little more down in volume compared with nightlies versions XBMC, running in windows 7 64 bits, my graphic card is a Radeon 5450 and my and amp one Onkyo 710 model.

Thanks Gnif and ArtVandelae for beautifull work.

Wanilton

- jayhawk785 - 2011-07-12

Philmatic Wrote:When was the last time Master was merged into AE? I'm mainly asking what version the XBMC library is at in the AE branch.

gnif, i know you answered this one already--have an AE build from yesterday that seems pretty far behind master (had to roll back my db). Can you post a thread update when you update from master again?

I should have started by saying excellent work! This is simply awesome. I've been using all sorts of different techniques/external players, different branches, hacks, to do what will now be done inside xbmc standalone.

Bravo sir. Bravo.

Tested vs:
windows 7 32bit dx build ion platform (zotac) to a Denon 3310ci
windows 7 64bit dx build on an i5 sandybridge with nvidia discrete gtx460 to a denon 4311ci
windows 7 64bit dx build on an i3 sandybridge with nvidia discrete gts450 to a denon 3311ci

All working wonderfully. As noted by others, i did have to kill my guisettings.xml (always hate remaking that Smile)

thanks gnif! keep up the excellent work--

- Philmatic - 2011-07-12

gnif Wrote:@Philmatic - I do it every few weeks, I try not to do it too often as it breaks the windows build files.

Thank you sir! I await the next merge and that will essentially be my production build on all three of my boxes until AE is merged into Master.

jayhawk785 Wrote:Tested vs:
windows 7 32bit dx build ion platform (zotac) to a Denon 3310ci
windows 7 64bit dx build on an i5 sandybridge with nvidia discrete gtx460 to a denon 4311ci
windows 7 64bit dx build on an i3 sandybridge with nvidia discrete gts450 to a denon 3311ci

Have you tried bypassing the Nvidia cards on your Sandy Bridge systems and trying to bitstream using just the GPU that's caked inside the CPU? That would be a much better test of gnif's code. I know bitstreaming is problematic on the Intel platforms.

- furii - 2011-07-12

check git, he merged master an hour or so ago.

- jayhawk785 - 2011-07-12

Philmatic Wrote:Thank you sir! I await the next merge and that will essentially be my production build on all three of my boxes until AE is merged into Master.

Have you tried bypassing the Nvidia cards on your Sandy Bridge systems and trying to bitstream using just the GPU that's caked inside the CPU? That would be a much better test of gnif's code. I know bitstreaming is problematic on the Intel platforms.

I can maybe try on one of them--i find the sandybridge gpu a bit fussy with drivers--but the procs seems much faster and more efficient than their predecessors.

I wont be able to test until next week, traveling tomorrow--then after next week I'll be in Russia for a month. Bad timing for me and AudioEngine Smile

- blub3k - 2011-07-12

gnif Wrote:@blub3k - I am unaware of any new AC3 issues, can you please provide your log and the details of your audio settings in XBMC.

Hello Gnif,

here is a xbmc.log: http://pastebin.com/njHeZPtL
When ma receiver displays DolbyDigital (AC3) there is no sound and these scraching (in german i would say: kratzen, rauschen) sound when scipping.
Sometimes the receiver dont display/recognize AC3 and then i have sound but i am not sure it it is digital 5.1.

in iOS i have set audio output to 16bit.
XBMC
Output: Optical
Passthrough: enabled for both
Ouput hardware: default

Thanks
blub3k

- jayhawk785 - 2011-07-13

furii Wrote:check git, he merged master an hour or so ago.

cant seem to build today...

Quote:Error 77 error C2660: 'CGUIAudioManager::Initialize' : function does not take 1 arguments g:\xbmc\xbmc\guilib\audiocontext.cpp 184 1 XBMC
Error 78 error C2660: 'CGUIAudioManager:Big GrineInitialize' : function does not take 1 arguments g:\xbmc\xbmc\guilib\audiocontext.cpp 197 1 XBMC
Error 79 error C2039: 'm_nVolumeLevel' : is not a member of 'CSettings' g:\xbmc\xbmc\guilib\guisound.cpp 184 1 XBMC
Error 85 error C2555: 'CDVDAudioCodecPassthroughFFmpeg::GetChannelMap': overriding virtual function return type differs and is not covariant from 'CDVDAudioCodec::GetChannelMap' g:\xbmc\xbmc\cores\dvdplayer\dvdcodecs\audio\dvdaudiocodecpassthroughffmpeg.h 111 1 XBMC
Error 86 error C2065: 'PCM_FRONT_LEFT' : undeclared identifier g:\xbmc\xbmc\cores\dvdplayer\dvdcodecs\audio\dvdaudiocodecpassthroughffmpeg.h 47 1 XBMC
Error 87 error C2065: 'PCM_FRONT_RIGHT' : undeclared identifier g:\xbmc\xbmc\cores\dvdplayer\dvdcodecs\audio\dvdaudiocodecpassthroughffmpeg.h 47 1 XBMC
Error 88 error C2039: 'GetBitsPerSample' : is not a member of 'CDVDAudioCodec' g:\xbmc\xbmc\cores\dvdplayer\dvdcodecs\audio\dvdaudiocodecpassthroughffmpeg.cpp 465 1 XBMC
Error 89 error C2664: 'IDVDAudioEncoder::Initialize' : cannot convert parameter 2 from 'AEChLayout' to 'PCMChannels *' g:\xbmc\xbmc\cores\dvdplayer\dvdcodecs\audio\dvdaudiocodecpassthroughffmpeg.cpp 465 1 XBMC
Error 125 error C2039: 'm_nVolumeLevel' : is not a member of 'CSettings' g:\xbmc\xbmc\cores\audiorenderers\win32directsound.cpp 117 1 XBMC
Error 126 error C2039: 'm_nVolumeLevel' : is not a member of 'CSettings' g:\xbmc\xbmc\cores\audiorenderers\win32directsound.cpp 209 1 XBMC
Error 128 error C2039: 'm_nVolumeLevel' : is not a member of 'CSettings' g:\xbmc\xbmc\cores\audiorenderers\win32wasapi.cpp 144 1 XBMC

- gnif - 2011-07-13

@jayhawk785 - The code went through some clean-up and the windows build has not yet been corrected for it, and thanks for the props Smile

@blub3k - I do not have a mac, and so I have no understanding at all of the OSX code, gimli is the guy who is working on that part and I believe he is doing so in a separate fork of AE.

- einhänder - 2011-07-13

seems like the ae branch still depends on -lwavpack. is that your intention?
i'm just asking because the master brach dropped the wavpack requirement as a dep, afaik.

- gnif - 2011-07-13

@einhänder - no, wavpack is not required and should have been dropped when I merged with master.

- einhänder - 2011-07-13

ah, sorry for the noise, gnif.
i forgot to specify the branch and fetched master instead of AE...

another question:
does ae work with external ffmpeg enabled? if yes is there a recommendation for a specific version of ffmpeg?