Kodi Community Forum
AudioEngine branch - DO NOT REQUEST BINARY BUILDS - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Kodi Application (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=93)
+--- Thread: AudioEngine branch - DO NOT REQUEST BINARY BUILDS (/showthread.php?tid=78289)

- robinsj - 2011-08-26

So I am using one of the earlier builds for audio engine for windows, the one before the audio broke.

I have been using an external player, and am finding xbmc and the external player don't play nicely with audio. All audio plays great in xbmc, and I can open up the external player to play something and it plays fine, but whatever I try and play in xbmc after the external player has played, pretty much crashes xbmc. I am pretty sure it has something to do with exclusive mode. If I turned on exclusive mode, xbmc always plays audio fine, but the external player won't play any audio at all.

- furii - 2011-08-26

robinsj Wrote:So I am using one of the earlier builds for audio engine for windows, the one before the audio broke.

I have been using an external player, and am finding xbmc and the external player don't play nicely with audio. All audio plays great in xbmc, and I can open up the external player to play something and it plays fine, but whatever I try and play in xbmc after the external player has played, pretty much crashes xbmc. I am pretty sure it has something to do with exclusive mode. If I turned on exclusive mode, xbmc always plays audio fine, but the external player won't play any audio at all.

why are you reporting bugs 1) without a debug log and 2) from an oldass build. this is exactly why gnif has said multiple times he doesn't want binaries released.

- robinsj - 2011-08-27

Well I should have posted a log, but for the other reason, all builds after that one all audio is broken.... Which has been posted several times in the past few pages.... By the way, I do my own builds...

- garbear - 2011-08-28

On my computer, MP3 playback wouldn't work. PAPlayer dies after a second and skips to the next song until the end of the playlist.

I don't have a debug log, I have a patch Smile I think I pretty much dissected your whole audio engine trying to figure this one out

https://github.com/garbear/xbmc/commit/5933160

- zw4mp - 2011-08-28

Hello!
Thank you all for your work, it's really great with hd-audio support in xbmc Big Grin
Just a feature request: (maybe it's already in there in newer builds then ignore me)
Sometimes movies come with only DTS or AC3 tracks, and the hd-audio can be added separately with a "*.dtsma" or "*.truehd" file if one needs it. Would be nice if xbmc could look for these in the same folder (something like how subtitles work), so you dont need to mux it into the mkv to play it.

//zw4mp

- fezster - 2011-08-29

I've got a windows build and happy to test the audioengine branch and provide feedback, if needed. Anything to get it all working Smile

At the moment, I'm getting stuttering on bitstreaming HD audio with the latest build, just as others have found. The build from mid July seems to be better (though not completely stutter free), if that helps. If you need logs to help diagnose at all, please let me know.

- robinsj - 2011-08-29

zw4mp Wrote:Hello!
Thank you all for your work, it's really great with hd-audio support in xbmc Big Grin
Just a feature request: (maybe it's already in there in newer builds then ignore me)
Sometimes movies come with only DTS or AC3 tracks, and the hd-audio can be added separately with a "*.dtsma" or "*.truehd" file if one needs it. Would be nice if xbmc could look for these in the same folder (something like how subtitles work), so you dont need to mux it into the mkv to play it.

//zw4mp

If this was done, I think a whole new set of issues and complaints would come forth..... Like Sync Issues.... Not all videos and audios are created equal...

- zw4mp - 2011-08-29

Well ofcourse the audio would have to come from the same source. But I see your point Smile

- Manub - 2011-08-30

Are you sure that DTS-Master is being bitstreamed completely as I'm only seeing a transfer rate of +/- 1500kbs for the audio and that way below of what it is supposed to be.

For example:

Avatar ripped through makemkv from my bluray disc played in the Dune Max player gives me a bitrate of 4.8mbit in audio where XBMC gives only 1500kbs.

The amp is showing correctly that both are DTS Master.

Is this only a glitch in what XBMC is showing or is it that XBMC still downsamples, but then the Amp shouldn't show DTS Master.

Funny ...

- furii - 2011-08-30

robinsj Wrote:If this was done, I think a whole new set of issues and complaints would come forth..... Like Sync Issues.... Not all videos and audios are created equal...

true, but that's no different than what we currently have. subtitles don't always sync up as it is, though you can adjust the delay manually. audio could do the same thing. like anything content related it would be up to the user to get things figured out. as it stands now you can already adjust audio sync in xbmc with a slider, i assume this feature will still be present with AE.

i actually think it would be a nice feature to have. i know i have a lot of remuxed blurays with only core audio from before i had a hd capable receiver or a player that supported it. it would certainly save me a bunch of time if i could just rerip the audio track without also having to remux everything.

it would also be nice for things like rifftrax where you might not want to remux a movie just to play it.

- Philmatic - 2011-08-30

Manub Wrote:Is this only a glitch in what XBMC is showing or is it that XBMC still downsamples, but then the Amp shouldn't show DTS Master.

I can't confirm anything, but it's likely that while the audo being pumped out to your receiver is indeed DTS-MA, XBMC is only showing you the core bitrate. The code probably has to be updated to look at the both streams.

- meridius - 2011-09-04

Hi all

I hope its ok to ask this in here as this is going to be the new audio driver for xbmc,

i have a slight problem but i dont know if it can be done in xbmc, I have a AV amp where i have the settings set to hdmi/5.1 dts out. now when playing a movie it works the way it should but i have an option to turn my amp off but been able to passthrough sound and picture as its the yam 3900. when you turn the amp off the sound gets passed throught to the tv but its still sending DTS and i get no sound i have to go into xbmc audio settings and change it to stereo and turn off DTS for it to work.

I did the same test on my blu ray player but this time the bluray player switches the sound from dts to stereo automaticly so i still get sound when the amp is off as it must be reading the EDID from the hdmi and it auto switches the audio of the bluray player to stereo which is great and then when you turn the amp back on it goes back to DTS/DTS-HD.

the only way round this on xbmc is to have 2 profiles one for DTs and one for stereo but i was woundering if its possable to add this feature into the new audio your designing for xbmc wheres it reads the EDID from the hdmi and xbmc can auto switch to stereo or to DTS/DTS-HD without changing any settings in xbmc

can this be done at all as it seems to work no problems with bluray players but not on xbmc

i hope this is ok to ask here as i know this is the new audio engine and hoping it can be added as nearly all amps let picture and audio passthrought in standby now

cheers

- Atlas100 - 2011-09-08

Hi guys,

short question - with the mid july build I got a problem with the standby mode under windows.
Whenever I wake the HTPC from standby the audio in xbmc is not working at all.
I have to close and reopen XBMC in order to get it up'n'working again (No need to reboot the HTPC! - audio under windows still working).

Did anybody encounter such problems?

thx

Atlas

- fezster - 2011-09-08

See my post in the other thread:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=883572&postcount=50

- jhusch - 2011-09-08

Atlas100 Wrote:Hi guys,

short question - with the mid july build I got a problem with the standby mode under windows.
Whenever I wake the HTPC from standby the audio in xbmc is not working at all.
I have to close and reopen XBMC in order to get it up'n'working again (No need to reboot the HTPC! - audio under windows still working).

Did anybody encounter such problems?

thx

Atlas

I have this same problem however it isnt due to XBMC. When my PC comes back from standby for some reason the Audio output changes from HDMI to the Optical output. Under the Sound output devices the HDMI port is disabled and the only way to correct it is a reboot.