Kodi Community Forum
AudioEngine branch - DO NOT REQUEST BINARY BUILDS - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Kodi Application (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=93)
+--- Thread: AudioEngine branch - DO NOT REQUEST BINARY BUILDS (/showthread.php?tid=78289)

- fezster - 2011-09-08

Not for me. Dharma works fine for me coming out of sleep.

- Philmatic - 2011-09-15

Haven't seen any updates in quite a while, can you give us an update gnif? I'm worried that since it's September already and AE isn't merged into master yet, it's not likely to make it into the Eden testing cycle.

- Raytestrak - 2011-09-16

If played around with a release from July, it worked reasonably well. Not everything was fluid, and I had some DTS tracks which didn't work at all, so I had to go back to the nightlies. The absence of HD audio support in xbmc is such a shame, it would the cherry on top! There are more and more HD audio release out there every day. I really hope we don't have to wait untill xbmc 12.

- Manub - 2011-09-17

Yes please, is this still planned to go in the next release?

I'm using one of the latest HD Audio builds for the moment and, even if some add ons are broken, it works perfectly.
HD Audio is really a plus for me as I ripped all my blu-ray discs in MKV with the HD tracks. (20tb of HD heaven Smile )

- shadow - 2011-09-18

I find your branch doesn't like when you seek in a MythTV recording that is played with the mythtv:// protocol. Every time I seek it freezes up and I have to ssh in a kill the xbmc service but playing the same file works if accessed by the file manager. All MythTV recordings are HDTV with 5.1 ac3 sound.

- erhnam - 2011-09-21

gnif, is this true?

http://jira.boxee.tv/browse/BOXEE-7914 - comment - 13/Sep/11 11:58 PM

Quick update. So yes -- this issue has started when we moved from XBMC software decoding / packetizing of Dolby/DTS to the hardware based. The reason for this move was because the XBMC code had many bugs and would not pass certification. Since then we have been working with Intel on resolving this. We have made some progress that we will share soon that decreases the amount of dropouts but does not solve it 100%. We are continuing our effort to get to the bottom of this. As I stated before this is our #1 priority issue to be fixed.

- furii - 2011-09-21

erhnam Wrote:gnif, is this true?

Quick update. So yes -- this issue has started when we moved from XBMC software decoding / packetizing of Dolby/DTS to the hardware based. The reason for this move was because the XBMC code had many bugs and would not pass certification. Since then we have been working with Intel on resolving this. We have made some progress that we will share soon that decreases the amount of dropouts but does not solve it 100%. We are continuing our effort to get to the bottom of this. As I stated before this is our #1 priority issue to be fixed.

even if it is boxee doesn't use AE so i don't really see why it would matter.

- Philmatic - 2011-09-21

erhnam Wrote:gnif, is this true?

I find it ironic that they are saying XBMC's code is buggy and wouldn't pass certification when their code apparently DID pass certification but has a significant amount of drop outs. Also, just to be clear, they aren't using AE... they are talking about the current audio system in Dharma which has always been iffy as far as quality is concerned.

Maybe when AE is done they can contribute back and make it bullet proof then adopt it in Boxee. The best part of AE is that it's somewhat vendor agnostic, it wasn't written for a specific chipset or company like Boxee's code is (Intel 4100 CE chipset).

- crash123 - 2011-09-22

If the code was so buggy maybe Yuval should have done something about it when he was an XBMC developer. :p

- joeyhhdhtpc - 2011-09-22

Hey Guys,

I want to thank you for all the hard work going into the AE project. The hopes of being able to have HD audio playback is one step closer!

I was wondering if there was a step by step document on how to compile xbmc (with the packages it needs) so that i can give this thing a try?

I've been searching through this thread but its grown so big that i am having issues finding anything useful.

Is it as simple as running bootstrap, configure, then compiling it with make?

- TugboatBill - 2011-09-23

joeyhhdhtpc Wrote:Hey Guys,

I want to thank you for all the hard work going into the AE project. The hopes of being able to have HD audio playback is one step closer!

I was wondering if there was a step by step document on how to compile xbmc (with the packages it needs) so that i can give this thing a try?

I've been searching through this thread but its grown so big that i am having issues finding anything useful.

Is it as simple as running bootstrap, configure, then compiling it with make?

There's a compile from GIT thread in the How-To section. That would be a good start.

- joeyhhdhtpc - 2011-09-23

TugboatBill Wrote:There's a compile from GIT thread in the How-To section. That would be a good start.

Thank's for the response bill. I've already done that stuff as i was building from the nightly source. I recall there being a post in this thread which had some additional defined toggles on the configure command for the AE branch.

I could be wrong but i'll give it a shot and follow the instructions but swap in the AE branch for the nightly.

- Raytestrak - 2011-09-23

Do you have to compile the complete xbmc / hd audio branch or can you just compile the hd audio section and copy it over you current install? Sorry if it's a stupid question but I'm no programmer and all this compiling stuff is kinda scary for me Big Grin

I do really really want HD audio though, it's the main reason I bought my new htpc for Sad

- furii - 2011-09-23

Raytestrak Wrote:Do you have to compile the complete xbmc / hd audio branch or can you just compile the hd audio section and copy it over you current install? Sorry if it's a stupid question but I'm no programmer and all this compiling stuff is kinda scary for me Big Grin

I do really really want HD audio though, it's the main reason I bought my new htpc for Sad

just check out gnif's branch and compile that. you might need to start with a fresh .xbmc profile depending what build you're on now. master hasn't been merged in a while.

- MutatedHero - 2011-09-26

I just got around to compile this since I've been looking forward to trying out DTS-HD and TrueHD. And also to help the progress by submitting the errors one might find.

After setting everything up and chosing DTS-HD cabable reciever and the correct HDMI output I tried to play a movie with DTS-HD sound. I got no sound and the picture stutters.

The following error showed up in the log http://pastebin.com/j1GXNZUm.

If I change to the DTS track in the same video it works flawlessly but as soon as I change back the sound disappears and the movie starts to stutter. I had the same issue on two of the DTS-HD movies I tried.

I'm running AMD Radeon 5570 with the newst drivers.