Kodi Community Forum
AudioEngine branch - DO NOT REQUEST BINARY BUILDS - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Kodi Application (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=93)
+--- Thread: AudioEngine branch - DO NOT REQUEST BINARY BUILDS (/showthread.php?tid=78289)

- luna_s - 2011-10-02

should be grateful that you get this for free anyway, try to find another solution? - i'm sure AE will come in time, I want it too but I can wait. If you were actually paying for this then fair enough.
Stability ? mines been rock solid and I build my own nightlies - few hiccups here and there but other than that in all the years i've used xbmc it's hardly crashed

- furii - 2011-10-02

pyrodex Wrote:I am highly disappointed this couldn't get prepped for Eden launch... this to me seems to be a major draw back that prevents single system integration of XBMC without the use of external players.

feel free to check out the source and help add it Smile

- EGOvoruhk - 2011-10-02

Raytestrak Wrote:There's a feature freeze for Eden as of now. I'm guessing HD Audio didn't make the cut Sad

Why not? It was already marked as a feature for 11.0/Eden on the roadmap, which means it should be in. That's usually how feature freezes work

Per the front page news: "Other than what is already slated for entry, no new features may be added unless they’re deemed critical for release"

AudioEngine was already slated for entry

- Clumsy - 2011-10-02

A roadmap is a roadmap - if things aren't done and are holding up a release, why postpone things indefinitely. Won't change the fact that things aren't done and will just cause bug creep, since things don't get tested by a big userbase on a regular basis, because of missing stable releases in between.

- GreenEyez - 2011-10-02

Clumsy Wrote:A roadmap is a roadmap - if things aren't done and are holding up a release, why postpone things indefinitely. Won't change the fact that things aren't done and will just cause bug creep, since things don't get tested by a big userbase on a regular basis, because of missing stable releases in between.

So basically unless gnif speeds up development fast, AE will be left out, right?

- erhnam - 2011-10-02

GreenEyez Wrote:So basically unless gnif speeds up development fast, AE will be left out, right?

Yep

- ix400 - 2011-10-02

Maybe gnif can be so kind and give a comment on that. I mean if he still thinks that he can make it in time for Eden.

Chris

- davilla - 2011-10-02

No decision required, Eden is feature frozen as of now. AE is deferred to next cycle.

- sWORDs - 2011-10-02

I really don't understand why it is so important now? It took ages for someone donate a DTS-MA capable receiver to gnif. Infact I'm wondering if it would have been donated if we didn't.

And things like this take time, so let it be done right. And I'm pretty sure it will be integrated in the main development branch not long after Eden. So use that instead of the stable.

- liquidskin76 - 2011-10-02

sWORDs Wrote:And I'm pretty sure it will be integrated in the main development branch not long after Eden. So use that instead of the stable.

Exactly. It's not like we're gonna have to wait until the release after Eden. It will be in the nightlies at some point.

I know people are disappointed, but don't be to hard on gnif. It's a massive project, and he's done great to date. Just look forward to when it hits the nighlies! Wink

- Raytestrak - 2011-10-02

liquidskin76 Wrote:Exactly. It's not like we're gonna have to wait until the release after Eden. It will be in the nightlies at some point.

I know people are disappointed, but don't be to hard on gnif. It's a massive project, and he's done great to date. Just look forward to when it hits the nighlies! Wink

Agreed. I'm sure he's doing his best, in his spare time. Personally, I bought my E350 for HD audio and it worked fine in MediaPortal, but that was to heavy on the 1,6 gHz cpu. XBMC is more fluent, so I'm loving it 95%. I'll be checking every day Wink

- furii - 2011-10-03

sWORDs Wrote:I really don't understand why it is so important now? It took ages for someone donate a DTS-MA capable receiver to gnif. Infact I'm wondering if it would have been donated if we didn't.

And things like this take time, so let it be done right. And I'm pretty sure it will be integrated in the main development branch not long after Eden. So use that instead of the stable.

there's a lot more to AE than just hd audio...

- Raytestrak - 2011-10-03

What I am wondering though:

xmbc's codecs are mainly bases on ffdshow right? (If I'm mistaken please excuses me, I'm relatively new to xbmc). ffshow tryouts support hd audio just fine.

@furii. Could you give details on what's more to AE than HD audio? I'm interested to know the details.

- avpap - 2011-10-03

The new AE is a massive and pretty much a major update in XBMC. I hope @gnif will continue his great work in developing the AE and i hope in the near future it will hit the nightlies. So be patient people!

- liquidskin76 - 2011-10-03

Raytestrak Wrote:What I am wondering though:

XBMC's codecs are mainly bases on ffdshow right? (If I'm mistaken please excuses me, I'm relatively new to xbmc). ffshow tryouts support hd audio just fine.

Hey Raytestrak,

It's ffmpeg that XBMC uses, not ffdshow. ffmpeg obviously supports decoding of video and audio codecs, however bitstreaming is seperate code i think.

Cheers