Kodi Community Forum
AudioEngine branch - DO NOT REQUEST BINARY BUILDS - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Kodi Application (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=93)
+--- Thread: AudioEngine branch - DO NOT REQUEST BINARY BUILDS (/showthread.php?tid=78289)

- joethefox - 2011-10-03

I can not go back after having heard AE with my lossless audio library. I will wait Nod

- ashlar - 2011-10-03

davilla Wrote:No decision required, Eden is feature frozen as of now. AE is deferred to next cycle.
I think this is the right choice. Too much other stuff waiting for the majority of users in Eden (as I think the majority of users doesn't use nightly builds, I might be mistaken about this, though).

davilla, do you think the merge will happen as soon as Eden is "out of the door" or is it still too incomplete? I've never tested builds with AE built in.

- furii - 2011-10-04

Raytestrak Wrote:@furii. Could you give details on what's more to AE than HD audio? I'm interested to know the details.

it's a complete rewrite of the audio system from the ground up.

- HeresJohnny - 2011-10-04

Can ANYBODY WHO IS NOT A DEVELOPER please get the hell out of this thread? (Actually, that includes myself). I've seen programmers get pissed off before and stop their work, I don't want it to happen here, no matter how long it takes! (although an open beta at some point might help with identifying bugs).

- garbear - 2011-10-04

HeresJohnny Wrote:Can ANYBODY WHO IS NOT A DEVELOPER please get the hell out of this thread? (Actually, that includes myself). I've seen programmers get pissed off before and stop their work, I don't want it to happen here, no matter how long it takes! (although an open beta at some point might help with identifying bugs).

My contribution to this project is exactly 1 line of code: si->m_fadeOutTriggered = false; Laugh took me 10s to write it. took me 6 hours to figure out what to write Smile

<sarcasm>Now that we've established that I am most definitely indeed a talented developer for this project, gnif you need to release the final version tonight or else</sarcasm>

Quote:A contractor is hired to figure out why an expensive milling machine is broken. He analyzes the machine, and places a chalkmark X where the problem is. The part is swapped out, and the machine miraculously starts working again. The bill for the repair was $5,000 dollars.

When the manager saw the bill, he was outraged. He wrote to the contractor, demanding that the bill be broken down and explained. The contractor replied, 1 chalk mark: 75 cents. Knowing where to put it: $4,999.25. The bill was paid in full.

- iHateMemphiz - 2011-10-05

joethefox Wrote:I can not go back after having heard AE with my lossless audio library. I will wait Nod

or move on, i was so eagerly awaiting eden just for AE - I hope you guys get there.

- sebak - 2011-10-06

garbear Wrote:My contribution to this project is exactly 1 line of code: si->m_fadeOutTriggered = false; Laugh took me 10s to write it. took me 6 hours to figure out what to write Smile

<sarcasm>Now that we've established that I am most definitely indeed a talented developer for this project, gnif you need to release the final version tonight or else</sarcasm>

Exactly, programming isn't hard, it's searching and looking at documentation for hours and hours that's hard.

- Bonzi - 2011-10-06

Hi, I understand that AE just isn't ready to go. I really hope that code that fixes the 24fps sync problems can be merged though, see http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=80247 I would greatly appreciate it. Perhaps this touches too much the internal working of AE...but as far as I knew the AE branch had fixed this.

- joeyhhdhtpc - 2011-10-06

I know this post is going to be a bit off topic but I figure since I am going to be doing some testing and whatnot this might apply.

I am going to be shopping for a new video card to replace the 240/220 i have in the htpc system. Is there an ideal video card to go with that has had a good success rate of working with different audio equipment?

My receiver is a pioneer elite SC05. I've heard a few people say that they've not had the best of luck with pioneer receivers so i was hoping to find someone who does have that brand of receivers and has gotten the HD audio to bitstream without any issues.

- Philmatic - 2011-10-06

joeyhhdhtpc Wrote:I am going to be shopping for a new video card to replace the 240/220 i have in the htpc system. Is there an ideal video card to go with that has had a good success rate of working with different audio equipment?
NVIDIA GeForce GT 430 or 520

- gnif - 2011-10-06

Hi everyone,

Firstly id like to apologise for the lack of progress on XBMC, over the past 6 months my personal life has been quite stressful and busy and I have had to let things go for a while. At current AE needs some fairly major work before it can be accepted into master, such as OSX and iOS support. Since I have been away for so long I don't know where any of that is at, if others kept working on it, etc.

My plans over the next few weeks are to review where AE is at, whats left to do and try to put together a plan to get this finished and into the hands of the masses. I am very sorry to announce with great despair that due to the delays, AE not be making it into Eden at this point.

I will post another update probably tomorrow at some point with things and also bring AE up to date with the master branch.

- joeyhhdhtpc - 2011-10-06

gnif Wrote:Hi everyone,

Firstly id like to apologise for the lack of progress on XBMC, over the past 6 months my personal life has been quite stressful and busy and I have had to let things go for a while. At current AE needs some fairly major work before it can be accepted into master, such as OSX and iOS support. Since I have been away for so long I don't know where any of that is at, if others kept working on it, etc.

My plans over the next few weeks are to review where AE is at, whats left to do and try to put together a plan to get this finished and into the hands of the masses. I am very sorry to announce with great despair that due to the delays, AE not be making it into Eden at this point.

I will post another update probably tomorrow at some point with things and also bring AE up to date with the master branch.

Gnif,

No need to apologize. You've done an exceptional job getting this thing to where it is and for that I (and many others) thank you! I'm glad to see that you're back in action though!

- DDDamian - 2011-10-06

@gnif - real life is more important! Hope all is ok. We all look forward to AE coming to the masses and appreciate what an effort it must be! Thanks so much for what you (and all the devs) are doing! Nod Can't wait to hear my 24bit stuff through XBMC Big Grin

- garbear - 2011-10-06

gnif, you are a stud. that is all,

- acemt - 2011-10-07

GNIF,

Thanks for letting us know what is going on. Glad to have you back

Mark