Kodi Community Forum
AudioEngine branch - DO NOT REQUEST BINARY BUILDS - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Kodi Application (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=93)
+--- Thread: AudioEngine branch - DO NOT REQUEST BINARY BUILDS (/showthread.php?tid=78289)

- karandras24 - 2011-12-23

why not install it in a different directory and run it in portable mode.

- DDDamian - 2011-12-24

Yep. The two can coexist. Maybe just backup/rename your guisettings.xml file and your actual database will be fine. If in doubt run with -p for portable mode as suggested. I'm able to run the AE build or latest nightly with no harm to database.

- SleepyP - 2011-12-24

This.
Is.
AWESOME!

- rodercot - 2011-12-25

yes I have it in a different directory and tested last night a bit, I have not any time to play with it some more but right now I could not get it to pass any of my multi-channel FLAC files video but no audio and it crashed on quite a few files on me.

I hope I will get some time tomorrow to try it out after the crowds go away Smile

Dave

- rodercot - 2011-12-26

so I have been playing around most of this morning and no matter what I do I cannot get it to pass-through.

GT-430 - myth lucid LTS - alsa driver and lib 10.24

I can see my devices in aplay -l, -L etc.. I can speaker test with aplay 0,7. I have deleted my .asoundrc files to make sure that is not causing me grief.

I have tried all devices in all formats in system-audio setup hdmi, custom etc.... hw, plughw, ALSA:hw HDA nvidia and any thing else I could google all with no luck. no sound at all with most of these tests.

The one thing I can find weird is that my eld is reporting on #1 and most I have seen report on #3 I am not sure of that makes a difference.

I can post a log but I cannot see why if I can test and get sound with aplay 0,7 I get nothing in ae and I mean nada... no sound at all.

advice, my next step is looking at a new card to try.

thanks,

Dave

***EDIT*** I am an A$$. LOL Sorry for wasting space guys. It helps when the card you are trying to get to work is ACTUALLY in the machine you are trying to make work... I had the gt240 in that machine and the GT430 in my desktop machine. So I bought a new 520 card today and put that in my desktop and the 430 in my main htpc and voila so far it's workign for the little time I have tested it. Now I have to rerip my hd-dvd's as they were all encoded with dts and sound terrible this way, oh and now I cannot get 1080p from this card but I will worry about that tomorrow.

fantastic work GNIF and everyone involved, now I have more work to do to re-rip my bd and hd's guess I'm buying makemkv. LOL.

rgds,

Dave

- rodercot - 2011-12-27

I just finished streaming jurassic park via the bluray plugin and makemkv. I noticed afew things and not sure if they are AE related or the plugin/addon for the bluray script

I could not change streams on the fly it would lock up and I had to reboot. Several audio dropouts with DTS-MA throughout the movie I think I counted about 10 over the 2 hour run of the movie. Attached is the log for the last 2 hours.

http://pastebin.ca/2096531

Thanks,

Dave

Excellent work! - koko1967k - 2011-12-27

gnif,
Today I managed to get the AE branch working in my machine.
Have a GT430 card and custom set to: hdmi:0,3

DTS-MA and DD-TrueHD working fine in 5.1, 7.1, 48KHz and 96KHz.

Excellent work!!! Big GrinBig Grin

The only pity is that the Eden version of your git is quite old (13 september) and it's missing few features (airplay, etc.) and the latest updates, including JSON that is not working because since then some functions have changed and therefore many remotes can't connect to this version.

But no problem I'll live with it.

Of course, I am looking forward to your next merge of master (eden now) in your git for the latest updates/features enabled.

Thanks again!

EDIT:
one thing that is strange, is that I manage to have sound from XBMC, but cannot get sound from the speaker-test command. Any of these commands will NOT generate any sound:
Code:
speaker-test -c 2 -D hdmi:0,3 -r 44100
speaker-test -c 6 -D hdmi:0,3 -r 48000
speaker-test -c 8 -D hdmi:0,3 -r 48000

Any idea why?
Are my commands correct?

- shadow - 2011-12-27

rodercot Wrote:I just finished streaming jurassic park via the bluray plugin and makemkv. I noticed afew things and not sure if they are AE related or the plugin/addon for the bluray script

I could not change streams on the fly it would lock up and I had to reboot. Several audio dropouts with DTS-MA throughout the movie I think I counted about 10 over the 2 hour run of the movie. Attached is the log for the last 2 hours.

http://pastebin.ca/2096531

Thanks,

Dave

I don't think the audio dropouts are from AE since I watched that movie with no problems from a makemkv decrypted backup.

- Gryph - 2011-12-28

elite1967 Wrote:EDIT:
one thing that is strange, is that I manage to have sound from XBMC, but cannot get sound from the speaker-test command. Any of these commands will NOT generate any sound:
Code:
speaker-test -c 2 -D hdmi:0,3 -r 44100
speaker-test -c 6 -D hdmi:0,3 -r 48000
speaker-test -c 8 -D hdmi:0,3 -r 48000

Any idea why?
Are my commands correct?

You'll find you're using the wrong command for that remove the hdmi:0,3 and just use hdmi - But you'll have to stop xbmc as it will take ownership and you'll get a resource busy message.

- rodercot - 2011-12-29

shadow Wrote:I don't think the audio dropouts are from AE since I watched that movie with no problems from a makemkv decrypted backup.

ripping that today and I will confirm this later. I am working on another issue. When I wake the system from suspend I have to close AE/xbmc and re-open otherwise trying to play any file HD or otherwise xbmc freezes. I have been trying to find a log for the wake up or catch it with dmesg but no luck so far. pmsuspend logs show nothing out of the ordinary and lirc is not acting up at all on wake. I will try and wake it play a file let it freeze and see if I can get it in that log and report back.

Anyone else seen this.

EDIT here is a log file.. http://pastebin.ca/2097199

Thanks,

Dave

- fezster - 2011-12-29

rodercot Wrote:ripping that today and I will confirm this later. I am working on another issue. When I wake the system from suspend I have to close AE/xbmc and re-open otherwise trying to play any file HD or otherwise xbmc freezes. I have been trying to find a log for the wake up or catch it with dmesg but no luck so far. pmsuspend logs show nothing out of the ordinary and lirc is not acting up at all on wake. I will try and wake it play a file let it freeze and see if I can get it in that log and report back.

Anyone else seen this.

Thanks,

Dave

I get the same with the July build posted by bluray where HD audio is working. I've mapped a key on my remote to kill xbmc and then reopen it.

The same thing happens if I switch my amp to a different input and then back to XBMC - it'll have no sound and freeze after a few seconds, requiring me to kill and restart.

- rodercot - 2011-12-29

fezster Wrote:I get the same with the July build posted by bluray where HD audio is working. I've mapped a key on my remote to kill xbmc and then reopen it.

The same thing happens if I switch my amp to a different input and then back to XBMC - it'll have no sound and freeze after a few seconds, requiring me to kill and restart.

I finally got a log file and it shows the error over and over again throughout the log. Now is it an alsa issue, kernel issue or AE issue? I am on 10.04.3 LTS with 2.6.32.22 kernel. I tried updating to 2.6.37 and 38.13 and it did not like that at all so I had to revert back.

I am loading up another machine with 11.04 currently and will test on that one.

Dave

- Hack_kid - 2011-12-30

i tested this on 11.10 and with video everything plays too fast even if i have auto refresh rate turned on its hard to explain its like its in fast forward mode

- Gryph - 2011-12-30

Hack_kid Wrote:i tested this on 11.10 and with video everything plays too fast even if i have auto refresh rate turned on its hard to explain its like its in fast forward mode

Does MP3 audio (and navigational sounds) work? But you don't get any audio from DTS or DD files?

If that's the case you'll more than likely find you haven't setup the audio options properly. I had the same issue when I first installed.

Have a look at my post: http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=849930&postcount=574

- Hack_kid - 2011-12-30

ok, will give that a try, other quick question, anyone here merged this with mainline recently to have changes past september? i tryed to auto merge but as expected it failed