Kodi Community Forum
AudioEngine branch - DO NOT REQUEST BINARY BUILDS - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Kodi Application (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=93)
+--- Thread: AudioEngine branch - DO NOT REQUEST BINARY BUILDS (/showthread.php?tid=78289)

- DDDamian - 2011-12-31

@Hack_kid - I've tried merging latest as well without success. Hopefully gnif gets some time to return to this in the new year.

- dado483 - 2011-12-31

elite1967 Wrote:Bug:
- I found a bug (Please note that my card does not have HDMI output, so this is certainly the cause, but it should not crash):
if I try to select HDMI audio output (in the Settings->System->Audio Output), XBMC crashes with the following lines in the log:

19:00:55 T:7963088 M:1892921344 INFO: CAESinkALSA::Initialize - Attempting to open device plug:hdmi
19:00:55 T:7963088 M:1892921344 ERROR: CAESinkALSA::Initialize - snd_pcm_open_lconf(-2) - plug:hdmi
19:00:55 T:7963088 M:1892794368 INFO: CAESinkOSS::Initialize - Your hardware does not support AE_FMT_FLOAT, trying other formats

Same problem here using a Zotac Motherboard with ION Chipset under linux Ubuntu
When enabling audio over HDMI, xbmc crash reporting the same error!

Gnif can you watch this?
Thanks!

Davide

- dado483 - 2011-12-31

Hack_kid Wrote:ok, will give that a try, other quick question, anyone here merged this with mainline recently to have changes past september? i tryed to auto merge but as expected it failed

If you want to try my repo, i've merged the latest gnif github with the latest opdenkamp github (PVR version).
For download you can type this:

git clone -b AE-preEden git://github.com/dado483/xbmc.git

Regards
Davide

- koko1967k - 2011-12-31

dado483 Wrote:Same problem here using a Zotac Motherboard with ION Chipset.
When enabling audio over HDMI, xbmc crash reporting the same error!

Gnif can you watch this?
Thanks!

Davide

Ciao Davide,
I solved this problem reinstalling everything over a fresh Ubuntu server 11.04 - 64 bit (I was using xbmc-live 10.04 before).

Now I don't have this error anymore.

Hope this helps.

- shadow - 2011-12-31

dado483 Wrote:If you want to try my repo, i've merged the latest gnif github with the latest opdenkamp github (PVR version).
For download you can type this:

git clone -b AE-preEden git://github.com/dado483/xbmc.git

Regards
Davide

Thanks, that is amazing. It has fixed a couple problems I had with Gnif's last version. I will give it time since my last problem was sporadic and could take time to tell if it was fixed.

- Drae - 2011-12-31

dado483 Wrote:If you want to try my repo, i've merged the latest gnif github with the latest opdenkamp github (PVR version).
You sir are a legend Big Grin

- Gryph - 2012-01-01

Drae Wrote:You sir are a legend Big Grin

I concur! Smile

Although, I do get this when installing:

Code:
Makefile:247: warning: overriding commands for target `xbmc/cores/AudioEngine/audioengine.a'
Makefile:244: warning: ignoring old commands for target `xbmc/cores/AudioEngine/audioengine.a'

But as yet haven't run into a problem, plays everything fine!
Plus nice to have the weather back - Ahhh 4 straight days of high 30C!

- Hack_kid - 2012-01-03

Gryph Wrote:Does MP3 audio (and navigational sounds) work? But you don't get any audio from DTS or DD files?

If that's the case you'll more than likely find you haven't setup the audio options properly. I had the same issue when I first installed.

Have a look at my post: http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=849930&postcount=574

still having issues and now when i try to switch audio devices xbmc frezzes most of the time any other ideas i feel really close is the modprobe line wrong? i found a wiki article about getting audio over hdmi working and they have a lot of different values and none of them are 0x108

Also guess I should mention I'm using sofa's got not griffs maybe this is why Im getting freezing

- Hack_kid - 2012-01-03

ok a bit more info so i fofund out the correct probemask for me is 0x102 because i use plughw:1,7 because i have a gtx 660 ti which i think is a newer chipset revision which i think lies the problem. i get freezing everytime i change an audio setting i worked around this be removing the modprobe setting my settings then adding it. now when i play audio or video it freezes the second i play anything. i then read a bunch of nvidas documentation ill find u the link later but anyways it says starting with gt 520 there was a change that required an update to the kernel it says the latest version is 3.1 rc1 so i updadted to 3.2 from the xorg-edgers ppa. i thought this would fix the freezing but it didnt. by this time i had screwed around with settings agan so i didnt try it with my ocrrect settings to see if it didnt freeze but the fact that it freezes when selecting audio settings still leads me to belive it will still happen. i took a break though fingers hurt from typing commands Smile does anyone have any other ideas? oh btw i tryed grifs and dodas versions

- Hack_kid - 2012-01-03

solved it! had to set my probe_mask to 0xffff,0xfff2

hope this helps anyone with similar problems now to TEST TEST TEST!!!! lol

- DDDamian - 2012-01-03

Drae Wrote:You sir are a legend Big Grin

Great Dado! Just pulled and starting to play Big Grin

- DDDamian - 2012-01-03

@dado - what compiler are you using? In MS VisualStudio Express I get:

Code:
C:\XBMCDevelopment\dado483-xbmc-b2c02d3\project\VS2010Express\XBMC.vcxproj : error  : Unable to read the project file "XBMC.vcxproj".
C:\XBMCDevelopment\dado483-xbmc-b2c02d3\project\VS2010Express\XBMC.vcxproj(105,2): The project file could not be loaded. Name cannot begin with the '<' character, hexadecimal value 0x3C. Line 105, position 2.

It doesn't like the line:

Code:
<<<<<<< HEAD
      <AdditionalIncludeDirectories>..\..\;..\..\xbmc\;..\..\xbmc\win32\;..\..\xbmc\cores\dvdplayer;..\..\lib;..\..\lib\ffmpeg;..\..\lib\ffmpeg\include-xbmc-win32;..\..\lib\liblame\include;..\..\lib\libUPnP\Platinum\Source\Devices\MediaRenderer;..\..\lib\libUPnP\Platinum\Source\Devices\MediaConnect;..\..\lib\libUPnP\Platinum\Source\Devices\MediaServer;..\..\lib\libUPnP\Platinum\Source\Platinum;..\..\lib\libUPnP\Platinum\Source\Core;..\..\lib\libUPnP\Neptune\Source\Core;..\..\lib\libUPnP\Neptune\Source\System\Win32;..\..\lib\win32\pcre;..\..\lib\win32</AdditionalIncludeDirectories>
      <PreprocessorDefinitions>TARGET_WINDOWS;_WINDOWS;_MSVC;WIN32;NDEBUG;_WIN32_WINNT=0x0501;NTDDI_VERSION=0x05010300;NOMINMAX;_USE_32BIT_TIME_T;HAS_GL;__STDC_CONSTANT_MACROS;XMD_H;%(PreprocessorDefinitions)</PreprocessorDefinitions>
=======

- samwel - 2012-01-03

Just remove:

Code:
<<<<<<< HEAD
      <AdditionalIncludeDirectories>..\..\;..\..\xbmc\;..\..\xbmc\win32\;..\..\xbmc\cores\dvdplayer;..\..\lib;..\..\lib\ffmpeg;..\..\lib\ffmpeg\include-xbmc-win32;..\..\lib\liblame\include;..\..\lib\libUPnP\Platinum\Source\Devices\MediaRenderer;..\..\lib\libUPnP\Platinum\Source\Devices\MediaConnect;..\..\lib\libUPnP\Platinum\Source\Devices\MediaServer;..\..\lib\libUPnP\Platinum\Source\Platinum;..\..\lib\libUPnP\Platinum\Source\Core;..\..\lib\libUPnP\Neptune\Source\Core;..\..\lib\libUPnP\Neptune\Source\System\Win32;..\..\lib\win32\pcre;..\..\lib\win32</AdditionalIncludeDirectories>
      <PreprocessorDefinitions>TARGET_WINDOWS;_WINDOWS;_MSVC;WIN32;NDEBUG;_WIN32_WINNT=0x0501;NTDDI_VERSION=0x05010300;NOMINMAX;_USE_32BIT_TIME_T;HAS_GL;__STDC_CONSTANT_MACROS;XMD_H;%(PreprocessorDefinitions)</PreprocessorDefinitions>
=======

and also remove

Code:
>>>>>>> gnif/AE

I think these were leftovers from merging that didn't get cleaned up.

- DDDamian - 2012-01-03

thanks Samwell

<<<<<<< HEAD
=======
>>>>>>> gnif/AE

all removed, but kept additional include directories lines and it compiled fine. Smile

- Hack_kid - 2012-01-03

So hows audio sync and 24htz playback I watched a little last night it seemed fine at first then slowly got worse and worse but it was 4am lol