Kodi Community Forum
AudioEngine branch - DO NOT REQUEST BINARY BUILDS - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Kodi Application (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=93)
+--- Thread: AudioEngine branch - DO NOT REQUEST BINARY BUILDS (/showthread.php?tid=78289)

- DDDamian - 2012-01-03

Hack_kid Wrote:So hows audio sync and 24htz playback I watched a little last night it seemed fine at first then slowly got worse and worse but it was 4am lol

For me it's the same as the earlier builds - no surprise there - no updates to the AE code. I still get stuttering on DTS-HDMA just as with July builds, but I think that may have to do with the WASAPI buffer sizes. Might go digging through the code tonite and see what I can find.....

I mostly use AE for hi-def FLACS and for that it generally works well.

- Hack_kid - 2012-01-04

oh hmm i'm on linux, seems pretty stable to me SO FAR (fingers crossed) it was a bad mkv i was watching i had a double of that show and i wasnt watching the proper by mistake Smile

- Hack_kid - 2012-01-04

ok its not perfect, some files still have issues i think, i see one post up there is a patch for global av delay, how could be patch that into dados repository?

- Hack_kid - 2012-01-04

noticed in the music viz screen the player.duration is formatted hh:mmConfuseds instead of mmConfuseds i tryed adding formatting options to the infolabels but it didnt make a difference anyone iknow how to fix this or a hack/workaround to fix it

- rodercot - 2012-01-05

noticed a couple issues, I sorted out a network problem over the last couple days and that is what I attributed it to but network fixed now,

TopGun HD DTS-ES - half way through the movie video froze sound continues after a small dropout remote not responsive.

TrueHD - 1080p bd rip - audio dropouts start slow and increase throughout playback.

24p switching is off. still have to restart xbmc following a resume to initialize playback of anything (music inc.) log posted a few threads back.

I am trying to grap a log portion for the dropouts.

How did you all install alsa 10.24. I downlded the driver and the lib compiled and installed and rebooted. myth frontend (same machine).24 seems to find it all fine and playsback with no issue after resume. This is a lucid config. I am tempted to rebuild this machine and test. It is now going on a year at least with this build or more.

Thanks,

Dave

- dado483 - 2012-01-05

DDDamian Wrote:@dado - what compiler are you using? In MS VisualStudio Express I get:

Code:
C:\XBMCDevelopment\dado483-xbmc-b2c02d3\project\VS2010Express\XBMC.vcxproj : error  : Unable to read the project file "XBMC.vcxproj".
C:\XBMCDevelopment\dado483-xbmc-b2c02d3\project\VS2010Express\XBMC.vcxproj(105,2): The project file could not be loaded. Name cannot begin with the '<' character, hexadecimal value 0x3C. Line 105, position 2.

I pushed up a patch in my git, thanks. It was a merge problem.
I'm using gcc and g++ under linux.

Regards
Davide

- Hack_kid - 2012-01-05

dado483 Wrote:I pushed up a patch in my git, thanks. It was a merge problem.
I'm using gcc and g++ under linux.

Regards
Davide

Hey dado483 2 questions, with you branch do u get random hang on black screen randomly when trying to pull up the GUI in full screen music viz. Or movie and do u know how to fix the formatting of musicplayer.duration it currently shows like 00:02:57 instead of 02:57 and finally this branch is complely inline with mainline with pvr and AE added right? Its not missing any commits?

- dado483 - 2012-01-05

Hack_kid Wrote:Hey dado483 2 questions, with you branch do u get random hang on black screen randomly when trying to pull up the GUI in full screen music viz. Or movie and do u know how to fix the formatting of musicplayer.duration it currently shows like 00:02:57 instead of 02:57 and finally this branch is complely inline with mainline with pvr and AE added right? Its not missing any commits?

My branch is the merge between opdenkamp (PVR) and gnif (AE).
Actually i merged the latest commits of this repository.
If music have problem displaying duration, i think is a change is xbmc master branch (opdenkamp branch is up to date with the main xbmc branch)

- dado483 - 2012-01-05

Only another clarification.....
Obviously in my branch i disabled the compiling of the simple audiorenders, that is the actual audio core of xbmc (eden release).
The audio core is the AudioEngine (xbmc/cores/AudioEngine)

- DDDamian - 2012-01-05

Dumb comment removed (note to self: check date of post before jumping off cliff)

- Hack_kid - 2012-01-05

anyone else get lock ups when stopping music?

- shadow - 2012-01-05

rodercot Wrote:TopGun HD DTS-ES - half way through the movie video froze sound continues after a small dropout remote not responsive.

That sounds exactly like a problem I had come up every few days for months on end using Gnif's repo and eventually it got bad enough it happened a couple times every hour.

In the end I found it was the IMDB scraper! Which seems odd since it happened when the library wasn't updating. But I am sure it is the problem since I uninstalled it and went bug free for a week then reinstalled it and half an hour later it happened again.

The only thing that fixed it completely was moving to dado483's amazing build. Then I could still use IMDB.

- Hack_kid - 2012-01-05

No one gets crashes with dado483s build?

- DDDamian - 2012-01-06

Hack_kid Wrote:No one gets crashes with dado483s build?

Hi Hack - I still do - it's no fault of Dado's or anyone elses. It's just the current code state of AE. There were still enough issues untested, not debugged, that it had to be excluded from Eden until further work was done. Unfortunately there has been no obvious git activity on that branch since September 2011.

Any AE build out there is relying on this code base, and I haven't seen anyone else pick it up from there. I know CrystalP and ArtVandelae were contributing earlier, but I think devs are busy with Eden beta testing and tweaking, and await gnif's return to active development.

It's a hint of great things to come, but just not stable enough for full-time use. Can't wait though!

- Hack_kid - 2012-01-06

Yeah hopefully our banter gives this thread some attention lol