Kodi Community Forum
AudioEngine branch - DO NOT REQUEST BINARY BUILDS - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Kodi Application (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=93)
+--- Thread: AudioEngine branch - DO NOT REQUEST BINARY BUILDS (/showthread.php?tid=78289)

- wingrunr21 - 2012-01-07

Has anyone compiled dado483's AE-preEden branch under Linux? Can't get it to compile on my Gentoo box. This is killing my compile every time:

Code:
DVDAudioCodecFFmpeg.cpp:185:10: error: ‘SAMPLE_FMT_U8’ was not declared in this scope
DVDAudioCodecFFmpeg.cpp:186:10: error: ‘SAMPLE_FMT_S16’ was not declared in this scope
DVDAudioCodecFFmpeg.cpp:187:10: error: ‘SAMPLE_FMT_S32’ was not declared in this scope
DVDAudioCodecFFmpeg.cpp:188:10: error: ‘SAMPLE_FMT_FLT’ was not declared in this scope
DVDAudioCodecFFmpeg.cpp:189:10: error: ‘SAMPLE_FMT_DBL’ was not declared in this scope

Normal nightlies compile fine.

- rodercot - 2012-01-07

I built dado's build and started testing - How do I unbind the livetV button and set it back to it's normal function, I use the livetv button to switch between xbmc and mythtv when pressed with this build running it tries to launch a liveTV session and then errors out. I am not familiar with the pvr functions in the build. (Oh yes and I had to update my library as it was missing most of the new blu-rays I had added over the last two weeks (boxing days sales = 4.99$ blu-rays Sony must be hurting - LOL)

Thanks,

Dave

- dado483 - 2012-01-07

wingrunr21 Wrote:Has anyone compiled dado483's AE-preEden branch under Linux? Can't get it to compile on my Gentoo box. This is killing my compile every time:

Code:
DVDAudioCodecFFmpeg.cpp:185:10: error: ‘SAMPLE_FMT_U8’ was not declared in this scope
DVDAudioCodecFFmpeg.cpp:186:10: error: ‘SAMPLE_FMT_S16’ was not declared in this scope
DVDAudioCodecFFmpeg.cpp:187:10: error: ‘SAMPLE_FMT_S32’ was not declared in this scope
DVDAudioCodecFFmpeg.cpp:188:10: error: ‘SAMPLE_FMT_FLT’ was not declared in this scope
DVDAudioCodecFFmpeg.cpp:189:10: error: ‘SAMPLE_FMT_DBL’ was not declared in this scope

Normal nightlies compile fine.

Mhh.....it's very strange.....seems that your compiler is not including DllAvcore.h

Try to change this line in DVDAudioCodecFFmpeg.h:

#include "DllAvCodec.h" -> #include "lib/DllAvCodec.h"

if it don't work, try to add the line above to the file DVDAudioCodecFFmpeg.cpp (is not formally correct in c++)

Regards
Davide

- rodercot - 2012-01-07

Davide,

What is going to be the negative results of replacing the remote.xml file in your build with the one from the std eden git source.

Thanks,

Dave

- dado483 - 2012-01-07

rodercot Wrote:Davide,

What is going to be the negative results of replacing the remote.xml file in your build with the one from the std eden git source.

Thanks,

Dave

remote.xml can be replaced without problems. This file contains the settings for your personal remote device. It's important that you customize this file as needed.

Davide

- DDDamian - 2012-01-07

Hack_kid Wrote:Yeah hopefully our banter gives this thread some attention lol

Hasn't worked yet but I know the devs are aware of the need to see AE implemented sometime soon. I keep checking gnif's activities on git, but nothing there of late. He has a stalker he's totally unaware of lol.

dado483 Wrote:Mhh.....it's very strange.....seems that your compiler is not including DllAvcore.h

Try to change this line in DVDAudioCodecFFmpeg.h:

#include "DllAvCodec.h" -> #include "lib/DllAvCodec.h"

if it don't work, try to add the line above to the file DVDAudioCodecFFmpeg.cpp (is not formally correct in c++)

Regards
Davide

Ya I was going to try that later. Haven't had time but will try later today.

What version of gcc are you using?

- rodercot - 2012-01-07

Thanks Davide,

I just noticed that the remote.xml in your build is 14+k and the one I am using currently is 11k. I have never modified that file I use .myth lircrc and my lirc config files as base and my remote.xml have always been fine with the vanilla file. It must be due to the pvr version that it has changes. Sorry to steer the thread off-course.

thanks,

Dave

- DDDamian - 2012-01-07

Until gnif can get back to coding this whole thread's off-topic Rolleyes

- bluray - 2012-01-07

I agreed guys! XBMC should make it as their TOP priority. As everyone already know by now, almost every new BD's included DTS-HD/TrueHD now. If XBMC can natively bitstreaming it, XBMC will be noticed by all bitstreamers around the world! Smile

- rodercot - 2012-01-07

ok loaded dado483's build and I am testing. still get the resume bug where I have to restart xbmc before playing a file or I get black screen or freeze and no remote operation. I look at my suspend/resume logs they are fine no complaints. myth works fine after a resume. the only thing I can find in the xbmc log if I capture one before restarting has to do with alsasink. I built this about a week ago is it worthwhile to do a pull and recompile at all.

thanks,

Dave

rodercot Wrote:ok loaded dado483's build and I am testing. still get the resume bug where I have to restart xbmc before playing a file or I get black screen or freeze and no remote operation. I look at my suspend/resume logs they are fine no complaints. myth works fine after a resume. the only thing I can find in the xbmc log if I capture one before restarting has to do with alsasink. I built this about a week ago is it worthwhile to do a pull and recompile at all.

thanks,

Dave

That could be something from the main branch git code. I've been having an issue with the nightlies for months where if I allow XBMC to blank the screen (any kind of screensaver/power saver mode), I have no audio on wake. Don't have the issue with 10.1 so I assume it'll get sorted out eventually.

- TugboatBill - 2012-01-08

bluray Wrote:I agreed guys! XBMC should make it as their TOP priority. As everyone already know by now, almost every new BD's included DTS-HD/TrueHD now. If XBMC can natively bitstreaming it, XBMC will be noticed by all bitstreamers around the world! Smile

Their top priority is bringing Eden to full release.

- rodercot - 2012-01-08

finally got to sit and watch a movie last night with dado483 build. Three movies tested and at least three different audio dropouts at some point during the movie all dts-hd pass-through. One or two movies I can see having been a bad rip but not the 7-10 I have tested. some of these were ripped via win7 and some have been done on winxp with either makemkv or anotherEAC3toGUI.

Is anyone seeing issues with the latest nvidia driver 290.10. I am getting all kinds of tearing (I think that is what it is - mainly outside scenes more than one person or with motion and it looks like the scene is in frame by frame at 100x speed)It is GT430 silent and I am starting to wonder if maybe this card is the culprit to my issues. I do not recall seeing this with my ENGT210 or 220 cards on any driver. I just installed this gt430 in this machine to get the pass-through working so I have no history to go by.

EDIT - also getting sound but no video on SD dvd (video_ts/vob) rip playback. settings-video-playback set to auto, vdpau enabled, change refresh rate is off.

Thanks,

Dave

- rakker - 2012-01-09

rodercot Wrote:finally got to sit and watch a movie last night with dado483 build. Three movies tested and at least three different audio dropouts at some point during the movie all dts-hd pass-through. One or two movies I can see having been a bad rip but not the 7-10 I have tested. some of these were ripped via win7 and some have been done on winxp with either makemkv or anotherEAC3toGUI.

If you're on *nix u can try the GT210 (or maybe also GT220) if u still have those. I tried DTS-HD and TrueHD passthrough on the GT210 (Asus) which worked.