Kodi Community Forum
AudioEngine branch - DO NOT REQUEST BINARY BUILDS - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Kodi Application (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=93)
+--- Thread: AudioEngine branch - DO NOT REQUEST BINARY BUILDS (/showthread.php?tid=78289)

- Jeff Flowerday - 2010-10-14

gnif Wrote:Yes, it would but wont be part of AE for now... working on the parts that need to work first Wink

@Jeff Flowerday, yes, bitperfect LPCM will work just fine provided that your soundcard supports the format XBMC needs, otherwise it will resample and/or convert the audio to a format your soundcard supports.

Awesome!!!

- gnif - 2010-10-15

I got the new receiver today, very nice unit but wont be able to do anything for at-least a couple of days as I am out of town. Very excited to get things started, will be nice to finally have TrueHD support and DTS-MA working as they have been missing for a long time now.

- furii - 2010-10-15

gnif Wrote:I got the new receiver today, very nice unit but wont be able to do anything for at-least a couple of days as I am out of town. Very excited to get things started, will be nice to finally have TrueHD support and DTS-MA working as they have been missing for a long time now.

agreed, i'm looking forward to hd audio support as well. though less looking forward to recreating my bluray remuxes that don't already have the hd audio track when it will be supported Wink

i'm curious though. will adding the hd audio support to the AE branch allow for xbmc to differentiate between dts-hd and standard dts tracks in the ui? currently a dts-hd track in the mkv container still shows up as being a regular dts track. i assume that is just because there is not dts-hd support as of yet.

- SpectreX - 2010-10-24

Any update on this? Smile .

- gnif - 2010-10-25

Currently working on E-AC3 bit-stream support, but my personal life has slowed development for the moment. Once Dharma has been released development on AE will pickup as the other devs will have time to contribute to this branch.

- sWORDs - 2010-10-25

Is it slowed down or stopped? Not that it matters, I'm just curious, your personal life is much more important ofcourse. I hope it will get better.

- gnif - 2010-10-25

Just slowed a little, I am in the middle of changing jobs, so it is holding things up a little.

- sWORDs - 2010-10-26

Very glad to hear it's job related and not personal or family. Good luck with your new job!

Did you order the 430 already?

- lloydsmart - 2010-10-29

I was considering a switch to Windows, a Xonar and DSPlayer, but having read this thread, and with the recent release of the 430, I'm thinking I stick with Linux for a little while longer to see if I can get "HD" bitstreaming with XBMC Live, which would be preferable.

- ZyntaX - 2010-10-31

I second this.
Love XBMC in linux and love the whole project.
I miss HD bitstream and bitstream FLAC music. I do not complain just bump bitstream to wishlist. Thumbs up!

- gnif - 2010-11-01

Just updating people so they are aware of whats going on... In a few days I start my new job, and things should settle down a bit, my new job will give me much more time to spend on XBMC and development on AE will speed up again.

The Dharma release is holding AE up a little too as much of the code needed for OSX and testing on other platforms can not be done yet as the developers that can/will do that are very busy getting Dharma ready.

AE is near/on the top of the list once Dharma is done, all us devs are very eager to get AE into trunk once it has been finalized.

- ashlar - 2010-11-01

Gnif, I hope your new job is satisfying beyond xbmc needs and look forward to the renewed efforts once Dharma goes final.

HD bitstreaming in Linux? - dlmh - 2010-11-23

Hi,

I read through the thread, but there's only sparse mentioning of HD Audio bitstreaming. If I understand correctly, the AE branch will allow for bitperfect audio reproduction, as well as bitstreaming.

I currently use XBMC DSPlayer for the sole purpose of having HD Audio playback for my BluRay rips, but do not require all the extra options or DXVA acceleration for that matter. I'd also prefer to use XBMC Live instead of Windows...

Will the AE branch allow me to bitstream hd audio (on a Clarkdale GPU)? On Linux? If so, I'll happily donate to speed things up a bit Wink

- Bueller - 2010-11-25

It looks like there has been some progress made on getting HD bitstreaming working under linux. A patch was made to get it working under ffmpeg.

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=157347

Perhaps this will ease the development of this feature in the AE branch.

- spiff - 2010-11-25

you know that anssi is a team member right? Smile