Jetway Mini-TOP HBJC600C99-52W-BW - New Ion 2, Intel Atom D525 1.8GHz barebone nettop - Printable Version
+- XBMC Community Forum (http://forum.xbmc.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+--- Forum: Hardware for XBMC (/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Jetway Mini-TOP HBJC600C99-52W-BW - New Ion 2, Intel Atom D525 1.8GHz barebone nettop (/showthread.php?tid=78722)
- speed32219 - 2010-12-17 15:54
Should have left the wifi stuff in there for those who want to get the wifi going. Unless you change out the Atheros wifi with an intel pro you'll most likely have poor performance. But that being said, sd contnet over wifi is pretty good as well as some of the other on-line services. (Pandora to name one) HD content requires mucho bandwidth, and does not work perfectly across wifi with current technologies using 802.11n. They have announced a new standard for HD content over wireless (10MB bandwidth I believe), that is a far ways out.
I am now working on trying to get my MCE remotes to work with the built in IR, if I succeed I'll post my results. Just ordered another one for $184 plus $18 for 1GB ram from the egg. They have some returns, ppl probably can't get hdmi sound working.
- josh4trunks - 2010-12-17 16:01
speed32219 Wrote:Should have left the wifi stuff in there for those who want to get the wifi going. Unless you change out the Atheros wifi with an intel pro you'll most likely have poor performance. But that being said, sd contnet over wifi is pretty good as well as some of the other on-line services. (Pandora to name one) HD content requires mucho bandwidth, and does not work perfectly across wifi with current technologies using 802.11n. They have announced a new standard for HD content over wireless (10MB bandwidth I believe), that is a far ways out.
nice price droped more, lol. Ill repost the wifi stuff, crap gotta remember what i did though.
[Almost Solved] boot error ata - JohnC - 2010-12-18 05:23
I hate to answer my own posts, and before I do, credit to the original poster for a damn fine job in fgetting xbmc to work with ion2 architecture.
My experience is that the live install does not work well with jetway mini-top because:
a: Later kernels give a Soft Lock up error.
b: Earlier Kernels do not compile the Nvidia drivers correctly. If you have all usb cards at aplay -L then thjis is you, but the Nvidiaxxx.run comile failures are in the logs.
If theres is a single lesson to learn it is to forget the live install; instead get ubuntu ( not my first choice of distro but working hard to keep the faith) workinag and install on top and confogure xdm on top to autoboot.
Which bringsd me to the solution to my problems... install gdm and configure auto-login. The ata kernel issue seems to be a long ruinning bug ... no matter, i know my disk is good, solid state with no cable, I have a break in the splash screen, but othwerwise all very very stable, and 64 bit.
Thanks to OP. Just one more question.... no navigation sounds, is this a pulse issue? And one more, my aplay -L gives USB mostly, I have USB card 1, (hdmi card 0) just wondering if I am the wrong way round ansd if I need to change aspund.conf. Sound seems good through hdmi and headphone socket, but I have not seen mixer > 2 channel.
- embo - 2010-12-20 16:42
Could you please tell me what settings you use within XBMC to get the sound working properly?
josh4trunks Wrote:Hey I've been experimenting with this jetway nettop and have got my system pritty completed. Most of this is not my work, thanks to Speed3229 for helping me get sound working (using his method didn't work perfectly for me but I'm sure my method works if followed exactly).
- speed32219 - 2010-12-22 09:03
hdmi all the way in settings > system > audio > then HDMI in three settings. If attaching to a tv that does not have DD or DTS support, uncheck those or you will get mucho white noise.
I also bought a fiber cable for $5 and it works great also.
Totally Frustrated with the Jetway - happyslc - 2010-12-23 05:59
Thanks to everyone that contributes to this forum, you've saved me many hours. This is going to sound like a major whiny thread, please forgive me. I have a jeway and I've tried all versions of Dharma live (Beta 1-4, RC1-2, release) and I get the CPU issue. I tried 9.11 and can't get sounds but the remote works.
I followed the instructions from josh4trunks (Thank you, too) and I've got it at 90%. Sounds is good, video is good, it boots, etc.
Now I can't get the remote to work and I've spent hours and hours on this. It seems that they changed LIRC to be part of the kernel in this version of Ubuntu and there is a bug where the ati_usb driver is now broken. I tried for days to get this to work with my xbox IR and comcast remote. (Works great on my Revo 1600) and finally went and bought an MCE remote (Mediagate GP-IR02BK). I can't get this to work, either. Anyone have any luck with the remote and josh4trunks config? Any help would be much appreciated.
- nmirza - 2010-12-28 17:32
Hi, i went aheda and ordered this jetway and will use it with a spare 320 gb drive and 1 gb ram i have. i have read this thread from start to finish and it seems most people using it are linux users. has anybody used this with windows 7, with 1/2 gb ram. could you let me know a couple of things:
- if someone used 1 gb ram, hows the performance with windows 7? 32 or 64 bit? since this is purely for htpc i dont mind windows xp, but i dont want to mess around with the os much so id rather start with windows 7 if i can.
- is your sound via hdmi working with windows?
- harmony remote: can someone confirm if the IR receive used in this jetway is a standard IR receiver, or if its some special receiver that only works with their own remote? one of the main reasons i liekd this ,other than price, was built in IR receiver . i have a spare MCE remote and dongle somewhere, but id rather avoid the clutter if i can. can someone confirm if they've gotten the built in IR receive to work with harmony remote and how the performance is.
- i read somewhere else on the internet theres some update to set fan speed to auto rather than the 3 settings currently. but i cant find this update anywhere. does anybody know what this is all about?
- hows performance with latest xbmc 10.0?
- Bairum - 2010-12-28 20:03
nmirza Wrote:Hi, i went aheda and ordered this jetway and will use it with a spare 320 gb drive and 1 gb ram i have. i have read this thread from start to finish and it seems most people using it are linux users. has anybody used this with windows 7, with 1/2 gb ram. could you let me know a couple of things:
I have a Jetway with Windows 7 64 bit. I can't comment on 32 bit.
1. I have 4GB of ram, but its WAY overkill. I have never seen the the system use more than 1GB.
2. Sound via HDMI works fine right out of the box. Due to the my surround not having HDMI, I originally connected it as follows: Jetway ==> HDMI on TV ==> Optical out from TV to receiver. I was not able to get 5.1 with this type of setup since my TV does not support multiple channel passthrough (its apparently really rare in TVs). Two channels worked just fine though with the HDMI. Since then, I have setup the SPDIF directly to my reciver.
3. The IR receiver is not a standard receiver, and did not work with any of my harmony remotes. I spent a considerable amount of time trying to get it to work. I bought a generic HP receiver and it works fine.
4. No idea... the fan is silent after the initial boot so no need to change the fan settings.
5. Performance is great. Just make sure to enable 'Allow Hardware acceleration (dxva2)'
- nmirza - 2010-12-29 17:49
Bairum Wrote:I have a Jetway with Windows 7 64 bit. I can't comment on 32 bit.
Thanks, so ill start with 1 gb and windows 7 64 bit and see if it doesnt work out well ill spring for another gig.
i'm surprised that they took the leap of integrating an IR receiver and remote, but made it not standard IR compliant. ridiculous. i'm guessing you tried everything including maybe different drivers if thats possible. oh well maybe i'll stick that extra MCE remote receiver i have with velcro onto the side of the case.
The other thing i noticed was it only has four USB ports. and since now i need to supply another IR receiver, a WIFI N usb solution if i want to use wifi at 300 mbps (i read that this has wifi N at 150), and a bluetooth tongle since this doesn't have bluetooth, i'm going to be connecting all my drives via usb hubs to the one remaining port.
- ismell - 2010-12-30 18:20
have any of you tried OpenELEC ? http://openelec.tv/ It's build for IONs so it might save the trouble of all the sound configs. I'm thinking about jumping on one of these but the price is back up to $260!!