Kodi Community Forum
Jetway Mini-TOP HBJC600C99-52W-BW - New Ion 2, Intel Atom D525 1.8GHz barebone nettop - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Jetway Mini-TOP HBJC600C99-52W-BW - New Ion 2, Intel Atom D525 1.8GHz barebone nettop (/showthread.php?tid=78722)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

- davemex - 2011-01-27

Out of curiosity, for those of you that have this device with or without an SSD, how long is it taking your system to boot from a cold state until the main XBMC menu appears?

I timed it this morning after having tweaked Grub and it took 38 seconds from the time I hit the on button until the main XBMC menu first appeared. Half of that time is the Bios screen. I'm using an SSD already so I was wondering if there was anything else I could do to get this time down.

Thanks!

- josh4trunks - 2011-01-28

davemex Wrote:Out of curiosity, for those of you that have this device with or without an SSD, how long is it taking your system to boot from a cold state until the main XBMC menu appears?

I timed it this morning after having tweaked Grub and it took 38 seconds from the time I hit the on button until the main XBMC menu first appeared. Half of that time is the Bios screen. I'm using an SSD already so I was wondering if there was anything else I could do to get this time down.

Thanks!

You could try OpenElec, it's suppose to boot pritty fast.

- fnc1 - 2011-01-28

davemex Wrote:Out of curiosity, for those of you that have this device with or without an SSD, how long is it taking your system to boot from a cold state until the main XBMC menu appears?

Thanks!

It's been a while since I've played with boot times, but start here:
sudo apt-get install bootchart
youlll have a file in /var/log/bootchart

that should give you a starting place

A couple other things to look at to start:
-disableing some tty's
-get rid of dhcp and use static ips

- josh4trunks - 2011-01-28

Thanks!

And make sure to put discard in your /etc/fstab if your ssd supports trim. this will help keep your ssd from slowing down over time.

I wish the bios didn't take so darn long too, on most asus systems they use boot booster to basically skip the bios, it drops my netbook on an intel ssd to boot time in the low 20's...

Either way if I can get a stable enough system I should need to reboot. But my system does still randomly reboot after waking from suspend... Hope to fix this

- fnc1 - 2011-01-28

I have some stuff in post 146 for speeding somethings up with SDD

Also i think one of your biggest speed ups would come from recompiling the latest Kernel for static instead of modules.. that way it doesnt probe everything..

- fnc1 - 2011-01-28

OK this one is kind of a cheap cheat...
But to get the box to turn on via a MCE remote.... (of course this wont work when i put the box behind the tv, since the onboard IR is what receives the command, and not the mce ir receiver... but it gets you down to one remote.

this is pretty simple though...
with the mce remote, you can remap the tv vol+ and vol- buttons to control a tv,
so lets do that... After you are done, the tv button with power up the box.

1) Place the remote control for the jetway head to head (2 to 3 inches away) from the MCE remote.

2) ON the MCE remote press at the same time and hold the DVD MENU and OK buttons until the remote control lights turn off.

3) On the MCE remote TV Button. The MCE remote lights will blink once to confirm its ready to learn.

4) On the Jetway remote, press and hold the Power Button. The MCE remote lights will blink twice to confirm it has learned the code.

5) If the MCE remote lights blink fast 4 times repeat steps 1 through 4 until it only blinks twice.

- speed32219 - 2011-01-30

For those of us that have firefox installed and watch Hulu, YouTube and other HD streaming video content sites, here is a great new addition for are ION2 systems.

Make your little Jetway ION2 sing.

Check out my post on this thread, and follow the steps. Make sure you have firefox installed and the launcher plugin. Also a good idea to have a WM isntalled also.

sudo apt-get install fluxbox
sudo apt-get install firefox
sudo apt-get install flashplugin-nonfree

Now follow these steps at this post: then come back and finish up.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=92607

Now install the launcher plugin from addons
Now create a lil helper script using WM and firefox.
sudo nano /etc/Utube.sh #Cut and paste the following:

fluxbox-session &
firefox "www.youtube.com";
killall fluxbox-session;

#Ctrl o to save and Ctrl X to exit

chmod a+x Utube.sh

Now start launcher in the programs > addons menu and create a new PC launcher. Name it YouTube and next prompt go to the directory where you created the Utube.sh script above. It will now create a Youtube entry and you are all set to go. In you tube search for HD movies, and select the movie HOME. It is a great, long HD 720p movie that is very, very informative.
You will probably need to select the 720p version whcih is an icon located next to the volume (speaker icon) in the you tuve window. Do not forget to hit the fullscreen button on the playback window also. Enjoy your little ole, inexpensive Jetway.

Jetway problem - tvwatcher - 2011-01-30

got an open box jetway mini top, it seems there is a problem with the usb, the keyboard keys mostly work, but some keys report the wrong key, very frustrating, any ideas? I tried installing windows 7 two times, with the same result.. also tried different keyboards..

- Grez - 2011-01-30

Thanks to josh4trunks for his guide to getting this thing set up, it was really helpful. Everything seems to be working great now, the only thing I'm missing is a remote key to get the context menu up. I'm using the built in IR with a Harmony remote learning the buttons from the bundled remote. Anyone know how to map one of the bundled remote buttons to the context menu function?

Edit: All my problems are solved thanks to Coldsource's Hid_mapper driver in this thread: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=710064#post710064

hulu desktop? - JMichaelX - 2011-02-04

josh4trunks,

Many thanks for the instructions on how to get the remote operational!
That has made this little machine all the more enjoyable.
(I'd still love to figure out how to make use of the remaining non-working buttons.)

Also, I was wondering whether anyone out there has Hulu Desktop working well on their Jetways.

For me, flash videos, including Hulu videos, play well in Chromium or FireFox, but when using the Hulu Desktop app, I get all kinds of tearing.

Is there any way to fix this? This is literally about the only remaining issue I'd like to get ironed out, if that is possible.

Note: I have not installed the x-swat version of X, and the corresponding NVidia drivers. I have been hesitant to do that, out of the fear of breaking what is at present a very nicely working set-up. I am, however, using the latest 64-bit beta of the "square" flash plugin.

- josh4trunks - 2011-02-04

JMichaelX Wrote:josh4trunks,

Many thanks for the instructions on how to get the remote operational!
That has made this little machine all the more enjoyable.
(I'd still love to figure out how to make use of the remaining non-working buttons.)

Also, I was wondering whether anyone out there has Hulu Desktop working well on their Jetways.

For me, flash videos, including Hulu videos, play well in Chromium or FireFox, but when using the Hulu Desktop app, I get all kinds of tearing.

Is there any way to fix this? This is literally about the only remaining issue I'd like to get ironed out, if that is possible.

Note: I have not installed the x-swat version of X, and the corresponding NVidia drivers. I have been hesitant to do that, out of the fear of breaking what is at present a very nicely working set-up. I am, however, using the latest 64-bit beta of the "square" flash plugin.

I recommend xswat method...
Either way Hulu Plays buttery smooth from xbmc addon. You might just need to add bluecops repository. (Just need a good network to avoid buffering)

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=79148

- moosenoz - 2011-02-08

i noticed on the boot screen that you can overclock the gpu the following way

press f6 to overclock by 7%
press f7 to overclock by 13%

is something that you do just once and it stays overclocked? or does it reset itself on shutdown and you have to press f6 or f7 to overclock every time you boot the jetway?

Get Native Bluray support - fnc1 - 2011-02-26

Hey all I found out that you no longer have to use the MakeMKV add-on to have Bluray ISO support.. so i set about to update things today...

You can follow along here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=95425

This is how i did it coming from xbmc-live (if you want to see my initial setup i believe it is post 147 in this thread)

- john.doe - 2011-03-01

moosenoz Wrote:i noticed on the boot screen that you can overclock the gpu the following way

press f6 to overclock by 7%
press f7 to overclock by 13%

is something that you do just once and it stays overclocked? or does it reset itself on shutdown and you have to press f6 or f7 to overclock every time you boot the jetway?

I don't know if f6/f7 make the overclock stick but i changed the clock speeds manually in the BIOS so I don`t have to bother. I use these conservative values and its very stable :

CPU FSB : 206
GPU: 750
Memory FSB: 800

Anyone tried different values?

- speed32219 - 2011-03-03

fnc1 Wrote:Hey all I found out that you no longer have to use the MakeMKV add-on to have Bluray ISO support.. so i set about to update things today...

You can follow along here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=95425

This is how i did it coming from xbmc-live (if you want to see my initial setup i believe it is post 147 in this thread)

Hmm, I never palyed BD in ISO format. Always used mkv formats which XBMC has supported for a long time now, hell I don't even remember what DVDFab or Anydvd rip formats were. All my BD drives are now in or externaly attached to my ubuntu boxes and have been using them with native linux Makemkv, to rip all my BD's as well as play them directly from the BD drive.

What is the advantage over mkv if any?

Currently I can't rip to ISO, well I guess I can by using handbrake with Makemkv, but that would be slow going, I mean super turtle pace for a 30-50GB file (days probably) and defeating the purpose of Makemkv.