Kodi Community Forum
Release [depricated] old YouTube Plugin - XBMC 13.0 Frodo/Gotham only - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: Release [depricated] old YouTube Plugin - XBMC 13.0 Frodo/Gotham only (/showthread.php?tid=79487)

Search Results - ilomambo - 2013-11-01

(2013-10-15, 21:41)artrafael Wrote:
(2013-10-15, 21:27)verismo Wrote: is there a way to get the same results as i get on my desktop when i do a search on youtube?

kind of frustrating when it doesn't show the results properly.

Examples of such?

I searched for

"patridge family" S1

both in Youtube site in chrome and through the Addon, but the addon did not return the same results as Chrome. At all. Moreover, the addon search results were not really containing the required string.
On the same breath, I'd like to add that having filters, as the Youtube web search has, would be a great improvement to the addon, if possible.

RE: [RELEASE] YouTube (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard YouTube Addon for XBMC - g28s - 2013-11-01

(2013-11-01, 02:33)g28s Wrote: I can't log in anymore.
After I borked my main youtube account (lost all videos while connecting and disconnecting it from the gplus crap as people have done on the previous pages) I have installed XBMC on a clean system last night and created a special Youtube account from scratch to keep my subscriptions on and it doesn't work.

http://pastebin.com/Ey0vCHdC

Can anyone please tell me what can I do to be able to log in?

RE: [RELEASE] YouTube (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard YouTube Addon for XBMC - rfsapiens - 2013-11-02

Hello,

First of all I want to congratulate the author of this plugin for his fantastic work! Big Grin
Well I'm having some issues with this plugin (my version is the last one Youtube 4.4.6) and it's not about login since that works great and never had any issue but my issue is related with video playback as in my XBMC 12.2 on my raspberry pi (using under X with Raspbian) from a moment to another the video playback just stopped having video so when I play a video on youtube I only hear the audio of it and no video at all... All my other videos and plugins work perfectly on my XBMC... I already unnistalled xbmc on my raspberry and reinstalled also the plugin and the problem remains... What can I do to fix this situation in order to restore video to youtube playback on my raspberry pi?

With the best regards,

rfsapiens.

RE: [RELEASE] YouTube (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard YouTube Addon for XBMC - briped - 2013-11-02

I am unable to login to the YouTube plugin. When trying to log-in with 2-factor authentication, I type the password and are prompted for the 2-factor key, which I then enter. Then I get the error: Error - Script Failed: plugin.video.youtube

I've plugged the following from the xbmc.log:
Code:
15:01:00 T:4928  NOTICE: Loading cookies from :'C:\\Users\\USERNAME\\AppData\\Roaming\\XBMC\\userdata\\addon_data\\plugin.video.youtube\\yt-cookiejar.txt'
15:01:00 T:4928  NOTICE: YouTube-4.4.6
15:01:01 T:4928  NOTICE: CommonFunctions-2.5.1
15:01:50 T:4928   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.IndexError'>
                                            Error Contents: list index out of range
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.youtube\default.py", line 111, in <module>
                                                login.login()
                                              File "C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.youtube\YouTubeLogin.py", line 75, in login
                                                result, status = self.authorize()
                                              File "C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.youtube\YouTubeLogin.py", line 85, in authorize
                                                (result, status) = self._httpLogin({"new": "true"})
                                              File "C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.youtube\YouTubeLogin.py", line 239, in _httpLogin
                                                fetch_options = {"link": new_part[0].replace("&amp;", "&"), "url_data": url_data, "referer": ret["location"]}
                                            IndexError: list index out of range
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
15:01:50 T:4064   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.youtube
15:01:50 T:4064   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.youtube) failed

I've already tried the following:
Uninstalled the YouTube plugin, then deleted the %AppData%\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.youtube folder (which did not contain the t_cookiejar.txt file, only the settings.xml file), then exited XBMC. Then I started XBMC, installed YouTube plugin and tried logging in again, with the same result (failed).

I am using a Google Apps account (basically Gmail with my own domain), to which my YouTube account is connected. I have a long password (16 characters, which includes uppercase, lowercase, numbers and specials). I'm using 2-factor authentication.

Hope someone can help.

RE: [RELEASE] YouTube (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard YouTube Addon for XBMC - dobrMAN - 2013-11-03

(2013-10-31, 21:40)frozenbubbl Wrote:
(2013-10-26, 20:42)peajay18 Wrote: After trying all the fixes listed in this thread, the fix for the login error that worked for me was:
  • 1 - uninstall the YouTube add-on.
  • 2 - quit XBMC
  • Delete the file yt-cookiejar.txt found in X:\Users\XXXXXX\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.youtube
  • Restart XBMC and reinstall the add-on

Hopefully that's helpful to someone... Big Grin

worked for me as well. all i actually needed to do was deleting the cookiejar file and log back in.

Anybody know where is "yt-cookiejar.txt" located in ubuntu lunux?
I can't found this in "HOME/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.youtube"...

[RELEASE] YouTube (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard YouTube Addon - bac522 - 2013-11-03

Quote:Anybody know where is "yt-cookiejar.txt" located in ubuntu lunux?
run "sudo find / -name yt-cookiejar.txt" to find it.
Although it should be located in "~/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.youtube/" directory.

RE: YouTube (Video) Plugin-De facto default standard YouTube Addon for XBMC - pla1 - 2013-11-03

2-factor login was failing for me. As a temporary fix on Ubuntu 13.10 XBMC 13.0-ALPHA9 I downloaded the latest YouTubeLogin.py file from Github using the following one liner:

Code:
wget https://raw.github.com/HenrikDK/youtube-xbmc-plugin/master/plugin/YouTubeLogin.py -O ~/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.youtube/YouTubeLogin.py

RE: [RELEASE] YouTube (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard YouTube Addon for XBMC - g28s - 2013-11-03

Thank you! That fixed it for me too.

RE: [RELEASE] YouTube (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard YouTube Addon for XBMC - asiuhas - 2013-11-03

(2013-03-17, 21:27)tkale Wrote: Feature Request. Currently when playing a video via the plugin, it does not get added to the YouTube history feed. I can view my history feed with the plugin but only videos I've watched through a browser session show up. If possible please have videos played through the plugin show up in history. Thanks. This plugin is great by the way, thanks for all the hard work put into it.

I don't think this was ever answered. Hasn't this been added because it's not possible to write to YouTube's history?

Sv: RE: YouTube (Video) Plugin-De facto default standard YouTube Addon for XBMC - briped - 2013-11-04

(2013-11-03, 15:09)pla1 Wrote: 2-factor login was failing for me. As a temporary fix on Ubuntu 13.10 XBMC 13.0-ALPHA9 I downloaded the latest YouTubeLogin.py file from Github using the following one liner:

Code:
wget https://raw.github.com/HenrikDK/youtube-xbmc-plugin/master/plugin/YouTubeLogin.py -O ~/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.youtube/YouTubeLogin.py

Thanks. This solved the issue for me as well on Windows 8

YouTube Collections - bonny_em - 2013-11-05

This is reference to an old feature request. Anyone please?

(2013-06-03, 21:26)retrodans Wrote: FEATURE REQUEST

I do hope this is the right place for this sort of thing. I apologise if not.

For some time I have been pretty damned frustrated with how youtube manages subscriptions, not allowing us to group them, to in effect create our own custom channels (eg. all film trailer/clip related subscriptions in one place, and not cluttered by other things). I have just noticed this now exists, and is called 'collections', I think it's only been around for a little while, but I wondered what the likelihood was that we could get this into the XBMC plugin as it would make my month?

Dan

RE: [RELEASE] YouTube (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard YouTube Addon for XBMC - SergioCarr - 2013-11-06

This would be fun if this was just a "fun to have" plugin, but this is one of the core plugins of xbcm ... well I give up. After reading 363 pages of problems and possible solutions, altering miles of code, checking re-checking, installing and uninstalling .. I surrender!!!

Any third party youtube plugin working??

RE: [RELEASE] YouTube (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard YouTube Addon for XBMC - chickenwing - 2013-11-06

I'm sorry if this is answered somewhere else, but I have not been able to find any information. Is there any sort of JSON-RPC method reference for the Youtube plugin? I want to be able to search, select, play etc. videos programmatically. I can't find documentation anywhere.

RE: [RELEASE] YouTube (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard YouTube Addon for XBMC - transcender - 2013-11-07

(2013-11-06, 19:03)chickenwing Wrote: I'm sorry if this is answered somewhere else, but I have not been able to find any information. Is there any sort of JSON-RPC method reference for the Youtube plugin? I want to be able to search, select, play etc. videos programmatically. I can't find documentation anywhere.
VoxCommando's plugin can do some of the things you suggest

I tried both removing the cookie file approach and wget'ing the update py and neither solution worked for me on xbmcbuntu 12.2

RE: [RELEASE] YouTube (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard YouTube Addon for XBMC - Lomax - 2013-11-07

OK, I've just arrived here after going to install the YouTube add-on in XBMC v12.2 and finding it marked as "Broken". Rather than read through 363 pages of forum posts, I was wondering if someone had some instruction as to how to install this add-on.

Thanks in advance.