Kodi Community Forum
Release [depricated] old YouTube Plugin - XBMC 13.0 Frodo/Gotham only - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: Release [depricated] old YouTube Plugin - XBMC 13.0 Frodo/Gotham only (/showthread.php?tid=79487)

RE: [RELEASE] YouTube (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard YouTube Addon for XBMC - sogopot - 2013-12-03

I was having problems with my subscriptions, whereby their recent video uploads were not all showing in the New Subscription Videos sections of the plugin. Apparently this seems to be a problem on YouTubes side, which YT isn't properly updating it's API to show all the latest uploads for the subscriptions.

Though, there is a fix for this. I posted below, a step by step pic, that shows how to get YouTube to start properly updating all the new subscription video uploads. If you're having this same problem, give it a try, and hopefully its fixes the problem.

RE: [RELEASE] YouTube (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard YouTube Addon for XBMC - transcender - 2013-12-04

Thanks geez Youtube/Google+ is a PITA. The updating the username and flushing the xml works for me...at least until next time. Having to remember a separate account is pretty annoying though.

RE: [RELEASE] YouTube (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard YouTube Addon for XBMC - kiboy6 - 2013-12-04

(2013-12-01, 12:42)digzz Wrote:
(2013-12-01, 09:16)kiboy6 Wrote:
(2013-11-14, 07:30)Kr0nZ Wrote: If anyone is still having problems getting this addon to work with g+, you just need to update your username.
When you moved to a g+ account, google changed the username you need.

I made this infograph on how to find it, its just listed on your google account settings page

http://i.imgur.com/vVRFyCg.png

you might also need to delete the settings.xml file in ".xbmc/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.youtube",
which I needed to do because the cookie info is saved here so it wont log you in with the new email untill it expires

Anyone coming to this thread looking for a solution to login issues should definitely try kr0nZ' solution. Worked perfectly for me, and now I don't need to keep fighting google's desire to join my youtube and google+ account. Thanks so much for the advice Kr0nz.

What platform did it work for you ?

Worked for me on Windows....although downloads still don't work (stuck forever on "preparing download"). Anyone have a solution to get downloads working again?

RE: [RELEASE] YouTube (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard YouTube Addon for XBMC - MindTooth - 2013-12-04

I recently started to experience that videos starts to buffer a lot. Mostly after 3 PM. Running OpenELEC 3.2.4. Anyone else with a similar experience?

RE: [RELEASE] YouTube (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard YouTube Addon for XBMC - artrafael - 2013-12-04

(2013-12-04, 22:20)MindTooth Wrote: Mostly after 3 PM.

Maybe kids are home from school and jumping on their computers and sucking up network bandwidth?

RE: [RELEASE] YouTube (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard YouTube Addon for XBMC - MindTooth - 2013-12-04

I have a 25 Mbit/s connection. The 3 PM referance were not just. Not sure it's really the issue. But who knows. Live in a community of only 2000 people. Viewing via my Mac works just fine.

RE: [RELEASE] YouTube (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard YouTube Addon for XBMC - hassuni - 2013-12-08

How get play Youtube videos in 1080p.
I get play only 720p.
Thanks in advance

RE: [RELEASE] YouTube (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard YouTube Addon for XBMC - Froiibaad - 2013-12-09

Tried on Linux, Win7 and TLBB. Can't login no matter what. Did the pages trick, tried with all possible passwords, removing settings.xml every time. Can't login no matter what. :'(

RE: [RELEASE] YouTube (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard YouTube Addon for XBMC - djfourmoney - 2013-12-10

I had a problem with my router, so I reset it. But since that point the YT app doesn't want to connect (log in error). My Google+ is not linked and I don't make comments on YT videos at the moment because I don't want to link accounts because it breaks the app.

Do you need to see a log?

I tried to use my YouTube ID which is a set of letters and numbers I hadn't seen until now.

Help!

Thanks.

setup problems - nicolas1 - 2013-12-13

(2013-10-22, 05:35)quaternio Wrote: I found a solution for my inability to login to Youtube through the plugin (and boy, was it a pain!). This is for people who have already attached their Youtube account to a Google+ ACCOUNT (as opposed to a Google+ page). Basically, we will be detaching your YT account from your G+ account, and then we will reattach said YT account to a G+ page. Thanks to taliz's post, which helped me deduce what was necessary for this fix.

If you are sure that your YT is not associated with a G+ account, my solution probably won't help you (unless maybe if you choose to create a G+ account, then create a page to associate with your YT account). If you are sure that your YT account is already associated with a G+ PAGE, just skip to step #8 and this should work for you.

This solution will not require deleting your G+ account or any pages already associated with it. Warning: after 14 days, your YT account will be permanently associated with said page (or so the warning dialog claims after doing this).

1) Login to Youtube on a web browser.
2) Click your account in the top right area, then select "Youtube settings" under the YouTube column.
3) In overview, select Advanced (or go to youtube.com/account_advanced)
4) Here, there should be an option to disconnect your channel from your Google+ account, click that and click okay/accept on the next page.
5) Go back to youtube.com/account_advanced as described before.
6) Click the button that says "Connect with a Google+ Page"
7) Choose an existing page or create a new page (DO NOT associate it with your ACCOUNT; and remember, this may be permanent, so choose a page name with which you will be happy)
*At this point, you should be given a login name with a format like <page-name><unique#>@pages.plusgoogle.com ; if not, you should receive it in an email. You will need this to login to Youtube XBMC plugin.
**From here, you have to add a password to your new page-associated version of your channel. I did the following:
8) Go to Google+ (plus.google.com)
9) In the dashboard (hover over Home), select "Pages" and choose "Manage this Page" for the page that you associated with your YT account.
10) Choose "Settings" in the bar at the top of the webpage
11) Scroll down and in the "Third Party Tools" category, click "Set up a password"
12) Create a password
13) Finally, use your <page-name><unique#>@pages.plusgoogle.com and newly created password as your login credentials in the YouTube XBMC plugin (replacing "<page-name><unique#>" with your unique login)

I hope this helps those who have yet to find a solution.

Hi,

I hope someone can shed some light. I´m new to the Raspberry Pi and xbmc.
I´m trying to setup the plugin on a Raspberry Pi running Xbian beta 2 and continue to get an error message.

I followed "quaternio" instructions to attach my youtube account to a g+ page and setup a password for it.
However I still get an error.

In the debug file I see the following section that I think might be the cause:
u'Iniciar sesi\xf3n'

Am I right in thinking that it´s getting text in spanish and getting mixed up with the accent mark.
I have the default setup on the OS (haven´t changed anything). Is this due to the country I´m in (Spain)? Can I work around it?

Below is the debug log. I have changed the password as it was in plain text.

Code:
16:21:24 T:2824860736   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnicodeEncodeError'>
                                            Error Contents: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xf3' in position 12: ordinal not in range(128)
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/xbian/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.youtube/default.py", line 111, in <module>
                                                login.login()
                                              File "/home/xbian/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.youtube/YouTubeLogin.py", line 75, in login
                                                result, status = self.authorize()
                                              File "/home/xbian/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.youtube/YouTubeLogin.py", line 85, in authorize
                                                (result, status) = self._httpLogin({"new": "true"})
                                              File "/home/xbian/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.youtube/YouTubeLogin.py", line 183, in _httpLogin
                                                ret = self.core._fetchPage(fetch_options)
                                              File "/home/xbian/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.youtube/YouTubeCore.py", line 400, in _fetchPage
                                                request = urllib2.Request(link, urllib.urlencode(get("url_data")))
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/urllib.py", line 1312, in urlencode
                                                v = quote_plus(str(v))
                                            UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xf3' in position 12: ordinal not in range(128)
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

Thanks for your help.
Nicolas

RE: [RELEASE] YouTube (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard YouTube Addon for XBMC - robinschroder - 2013-12-14

I also use Google 2 step verification (so that I can use YouTube on my mobile phone) - and this is the point at which my login fails. I definitely don't have the google plus issue - and a 2 sv code is definitely sent to my phone. It's just that when I enter it, the plugin fails.

RE: [RELEASE] YouTube (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard YouTube Addon for XBMC - nicolas1 - 2013-12-14

OK. I have found the solution on:
https://code.google.com/p/youtubexbmc/issues/detail?id=106

Following these instructions fixed it for me:

I was trying to login but the youtube url params contained utf-8 chars that were not parsed correctly.
I was able to fix this by adding the following line in YouTubeCore.py inside _fetchPage :

Right before:

request = urllib2.Request(link, urllib.urlencode(get("url_data")))

add this line to encode the values first

params["url_data"] = dict((k, v.encode('utf-8')) for (k, v) in get("url_data").items())

Hope this helps someone else.

RE: [RELEASE] YouTube (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard YouTube Addon for XBMC - dreamkatana - 2013-12-14

(2013-10-22, 05:35)quaternio Wrote: I found a solution for my inability to login to Youtube through the plugin (and boy, was it a pain!). This is for people who have already attached their Youtube account to a Google+ ACCOUNT (as opposed to a Google+ page). Basically, we will be detaching your YT account from your G+ account, and then we will reattach said YT account to a G+ page. Thanks to taliz's post, which helped me deduce what was necessary for this fix.

If you are sure that your YT is not associated with a G+ account, my solution probably won't help you (unless maybe if you choose to create a G+ account, then create a page to associate with your YT account). If you are sure that your YT account is already associated with a G+ PAGE, just skip to step #8 and this should work for you.

This solution will not require deleting your G+ account or any pages already associated with it. Warning: after 14 days, your YT account will be permanently associated with said page (or so the warning dialog claims after doing this).

1) Login to Youtube on a web browser.
2) Click your account in the top right area, then select "Youtube settings" under the YouTube column.
3) In overview, select Advanced (or go to youtube.com/account_advanced)
4) Here, there should be an option to disconnect your channel from your Google+ account, click that and click okay/accept on the next page.
5) Go back to youtube.com/account_advanced as described before.
6) Click the button that says "Connect with a Google+ Page"
7) Choose an existing page or create a new page (DO NOT associate it with your ACCOUNT; and remember, this may be permanent, so choose a page name with which you will be happy)
*At this point, you should be given a login name with a format like <page-name><unique#>@pages.plusgoogle.com ; if not, you should receive it in an email. You will need this to login to Youtube XBMC plugin.
**From here, you have to add a password to your new page-associated version of your channel. I did the following:
8) Go to Google+ (plus.google.com)
9) In the dashboard (hover over Home), select "Pages" and choose "Manage this Page" for the page that you associated with your YT account.
10) Choose "Settings" in the bar at the top of the webpage
11) Scroll down and in the "Third Party Tools" category, click "Set up a password"
12) Create a password
13) Finally, use your <page-name><unique#>@pages.plusgoogle.com and newly created password as your login credentials in the YouTube XBMC plugin (replacing "<page-name><unique#>" with your unique login)

I hope this helps those who have yet to find a solution.

This works, thank you so much. Nod

Installation failed message...? - Alonzzo2 - 2013-12-14

Hi,
I can't install the youtube addon!
I have a raspberry pi with openelev and I've just changed the storage partition to be on a usb flash drive instead of the sdcard.
When I turned on the Pi I got the wizard and all and started configuring everything from scratch.
I've installed several addons successfully, but when I try to install the youtube addon I get a "installation failed" message.
I looked at xbmc.log and saw a line: ERROR: MD5 mismatch after download special://home/addons/packages/plugin.video.youtube-4.4.6.zip.
So I googled it and found nothing.
So I manually downloaded the addon and tried to install from zip file but I got some king of an error regarding common modules or something.
So again I downloaded the script.common.plugin.cache-2.5.2.zip and manually installed it.
Eventually youtube was installed. But when I start youtube I get "plugin.script.failed" and at xbmc.log: "ImportError: No module named CommonFunctions".
I removed the youtube addon and now, again, I can't download it from the repository or install it manually cause again I get the message about the common modules.

Please help?
Thanks...

RE: [RELEASE] YouTube (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard YouTube Addon for XBMC - Alonzzo2 - 2013-12-15

Anybody can help me please?
I've reinstalled EVERYTHING in my PI - created new partitions for both system and storage and reinstalled openelec.
The first thing I did was to install the youtube addon and after it finished downloading I got an error regarding missing common (something... don't remember the rest of the name but I'm sure it has something to do with commonfunctions).
I've tried to uninstall it, remove the plugin's library from .xbmc/addons, eventually I can't install it. Here's my latest log:

"00:14:55 T:2848978016 NOTICE: YouTube-4.4.6
00:14:55 T:2848978016 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
Error Contents: No module named CommonFunctions
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.youtube/default.py", line 82, in <module>
import CommonFunctions as common
ImportError: No module named CommonFunctions
-->End of Python script error report<--
00:14:55 T:3046477824 ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.youtube/
00:14:55 T:3046477824 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.youtube/) failed
00:14:55 T:2848978016 NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false
00:15:57 T:2894263392 NOTICE: Previous line repeats 2 times.
00:15:57 T:2894263392 NOTICE: Thread Jobworker start, auto delete: true
00:16:01 T:2848978016 NOTICE: Previous line repeats 1 times.
00:16:01 T:2848978016 NOTICE: Thread CFileCache start, auto delete: false
00:16:02 T:2928014432 ERROR: MD5 mismatch after download special://home/addons/packages/plugin.video.youtube-4.4.6.zip
00:16:02 T:2928014432 ERROR: DeleteFile - cant delete file </storage/.xbmc/addons/packages/plugin.video.youtube-4.4.6.zip>. trying lower case </storage/.xbmc/addons/packages/plugin.video.youtube-4.4.6.zip>"

I know I've seen this common functions issue before I just can't remember where, but the md5 thing? Haven't seen anywhere...
Can anyone please help me?
Thanks!