Kodi Community Forum
Release [depricated] old YouTube Plugin - XBMC 13.0 Frodo/Gotham only - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: Release [depricated] old YouTube Plugin - XBMC 13.0 Frodo/Gotham only (/showthread.php?tid=79487)

RE: [RELEASE] YouTube (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard YouTube Addon for XBMC - norcon6 - 2014-01-25

All:
You may also be blocked due to the international origin of the login. This is part of Google's normal security process. In my case, apparently the routing goes through Europe and triggers a block by Google. Not sure why it's routed that way, but that was a big part of my problem. Haven't tried again since.

RE: [RELEASE] YouTube (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard YouTube Addon for XBMC - Berre - 2014-01-25

(2014-01-24, 05:06)ranger0293 Wrote:
(2014-01-22, 22:47)ranger0293 Wrote: I'm having issues logging in as well. I attempted the YouTubeLogin.py edits from a few pages ago, but no luck.

I get prompted for the 6 digit password. I enter it, then the plugin immediately returns an error.

15:33:47 T:2883404896 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.IndexError'>
Error Contents: list index out of range
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.youtube/default.py", line 111, in <module>
login.login()
File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.youtube/YouTubeLogin.py", line 75, in login
result, status = self.authorize()
File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.youtube/YouTubeLogin.py", line 85, in authorize
(result, status) = self._httpLogin({"new": "true"})
File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.youtube/YouTubeLogin.py", line 239, in _httpLogin
fetch_options = {"link": new_part[0].replace("&amp;", "&"), "url_data": url_data, "referer": ret["location"]}
IndexError: list index out of range
-->End of Python script error report<--

Can anyone help with this?

I get the same error. I also tried creating an application specific password to avoid the 2 factor login, but the log shows the same error.
Everything worked fine until two days ago.
I'm running the latest Gotham alpha 11.

RE: [RELEASE] YouTube (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard YouTube Addon for XBMC - MorningWood - 2014-01-25

(2014-01-22, 10:32)o-m-e-n Wrote: Hi.
After couple of hours spent on looking for solution, learning python and testing I finally found a fix for Yotube subscriptions not showing up if your primary account containing this data is yt account and not g+ account. Generally my fix allows you to choose which one you want to use.

Here is what to do:

File YouTubeFeeds.py around line 114:

Replace
Code:
url = url % "default"

With
Code:
if (self.settings.getSetting("use_yt_username") == "true"):
    url = url % self.settings.getSetting("yt_username")
else:
    url = url % "default"

File resources/settings.xml after line 6:

Code:
<setting id="user_password" type="text" option="hidden" label="30201" enable="!eq(-1,)" default="" />

Insert:
Code:
<setting id="use_yt_username" type="bool" label="30289" default="false" />
<setting id="yt_username" type="text" label="30290" enable="!eq(-1,false)" />

Finally in file resources/language/<your language>/strings.xml after line 154:
Code:
<string id="30288">Show YouTube History</string>

Insert (translated to language set in your xbmc settings):
Code:
<string id="30289">Use YouTube Username</string>
<string id="30290">YouTube Username</string>

You will find necessary settings in plugin's configuration.

I hope this will also work for you.

I tried this but I get a script failure error after trying to run the addon.
xbmc log says it pertains to line 115 in YouTubeFeeds.py. After removing that file completely I receive no script errors but login does not work.

RE: [RELEASE] YouTube (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard YouTube Addon for XBMC - bolter - 2014-01-25

Cannot login to youtube

Here is my log file, can anyone tell me what the problem is -

http://pastebin.com/YfEiV4h5

RE: [RELEASE] YouTube (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard YouTube Addon for XBMC - markdavidbeats - 2014-01-25

Hello,
Anybody able to get the youtube plugin to play 1080p. The max I can play is only 720p.

RE: [RELEASE] YouTube (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard YouTube Addon for XBMC - Death-Axe - 2014-01-25

Can't login using my app login or my main login. All I'm getting is "login failed false"

RE: [RELEASE] YouTube (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard YouTube Addon for XBMC - mindsurfer - 2014-01-25

plugin works great with ordinary video but there is an issue with LIVE stream.
by default quality of LIVE stream video is the most high. setting (Ask/SD/720p/1080p) doesn't work in this case.
please fix it.

RE: [RELEASE] YouTube (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard YouTube Addon for XBMC - mama - 2014-01-25

hey

i just recognized today that when i play youtube videos the sound is bad at higher volume in the video. its a sizzling noise.... just like here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-ZKdWCEhbI

what do you need as information to help me? i play the sound to the avr via SPIDF (optical)...

With normal videos or music everything is fine, no crackling sound!!

warmest regards

Hardware:
e6600
asus p5w dh deluxe
4GB DDR2 667
80GB Intel SSD
Technisat Cablestar HD2
Nvidia GT120
Denon X1000 Avr

RE: [RELEASE] YouTube (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard YouTube Addon for XBMC - Darkmage40 - 2014-01-26

Does this add on takes any space in my hard drive and saves the videos i watch or it just streams the trailers without taking any space in my HDD ?? Thanks in advance for the help[/align]

RE: [RELEASE] YouTube (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard YouTube Addon for XBMC - MorningWood - 2014-01-26

YES! Finally figured my issue out. Posting it here so hopefully this will help some others.
What I did was follow the post earlier in the thread that said to edit YouTubeLogin.py
Quote:nick = self.common.parseDOM(ret["content"], "p", attrs={"class": "masthead-expanded-acct-sw-id2"})
Replace that with: nick = self.common.parseDOM(ret["content"], "span", attrs={"id": "yt-masthead-user-displayname"})

Then I went to /userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.youtube/settings.xml and removed the

<setting id="oauth2_access_token" value="xxxx" />
<setting id="oauth2_expires_at" value="xxx" />
<setting id="oauth2_refresh_token" value="xxx" />
lines.

Logging back in with my channel ID and third party password fixed everything.

I assume that also uninstalling and removing /userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.youtube as well as /addons/plugin.video.youtube and reinstalling then doing the edit would do the trick as well.

RE: [RELEASE] YouTube (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard YouTube Addon for XBMC - lhw455 - 2014-01-26

For those of you struggling after applying enigma83's fix, I tried the following and it worked for me! Not sure if it will help anyone else.

1) Apply the fix
2) Delete youtube folder in userdata folder
3) Log into youtube using a browser of your choice and using the same username as on xbmc (mine is @pages.plusgoogle.com)
4) Top right hand corner, click settings under google account
5) On that screen click the blue circle icon in the top right hand corner and click account
6) Click security and then view all under account permissions
7) Revoke access to the youtube xbmc plugin
8) Try logging in again in XBMC

Hope that helps someone

RE: [RELEASE] YouTube (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard YouTube Addon for XBMC - Berre - 2014-01-26

i've tried lhw455 and MorningWood's suggestions but still no luck.

RE: [RELEASE] YouTube (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard YouTube Addon for XBMC - MorningWood - 2014-01-26

(2014-01-26, 20:48)Berre Wrote: i've tried lhw455 and MorningWood's suggestions but still no luck.

Can you give some more info? Are you using your account login info or channel info? third party password set up?

RE: [RELEASE] YouTube (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard YouTube Addon for XBMC - lhw455 - 2014-01-26

Just to add, I was having troubles with the login to youtube, even after applying enigma83's fix and the above worked for me. Not sure if it was a coincidence, but I tried several times deleting plugin, userdata folder, etc to no avail.

RE: [RELEASE] YouTube (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard YouTube Addon for XBMC - myso - 2014-01-27

Hi, I don't have any account ending with "@pages.plusgoogle.com" and I have literally tried everything from the past 30-40 pages of this thread. No way I'm able to sign in to youtube with any of my XBMC instances.

Please help!