Kodi Community Forum
Release [depricated] old YouTube Plugin - XBMC 13.0 Frodo/Gotham only - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: Release [depricated] old YouTube Plugin - XBMC 13.0 Frodo/Gotham only (/showthread.php?tid=79487)

- Novin - 2010-11-22

Hello

I use You Tube plugin 1.8.1 (btw why call it You Tube instead of YouTube?).

I very often find that I have serious buffering problems. For example, my daughter likes to watch the Gummibjörn video and on that short low-res video I think I got 7-8 buffering. If I exit XBMC and watch it through my browser I have no problem at all. Even if I select another video with higher resolution.

What is the problem here?

My xbmc.log is here.

Thanks for a great plugin otherwise!

- HenrikDK - 2010-11-23

Novin Wrote:Hello
Hmmm, whoops that's an embarrassing mistake, will be fixed with the next release Smile

Novin Wrote:I very often find that I have serious buffering problems. For example, my daughter likes to watch the Gummibjörn video and on that short low-res video I think I got 7-8 buffering. If I exit XBMC and watch it through my browser I have no problem at all. Even if I select another video with higher resolution.

My xbmc.log is here.

Sadly there's not much we can do about this. Once the video url's passed of to xbmc its out of our hands. Usually YouTube's buffering problems are most frequent on lower quality videos (below 720p) as those are the only ones throttled. We've tried messing around with the url information but that either didn't have any effect or resultet in video playback failing. Sad

- HenrikDK - 2010-11-23

Ara1 Wrote:would it be possible to display the channelname and the date or time since the video got added in the "New Subscription Videos" Category?

We don't really have much control over what information XBMC displays, but we could append the channel and date to the video title, and you would be able to see it that way? (alternatively you could press the info button on the video item to get the same information).

- Ara1 - 2010-11-23

HenrikDK Wrote:We don't really have much control over what information XBMC displays, but we could append the channel and date to the video title, and you would be able to see it that way? (alternatively you could press the info button on the video item to get the same information).

wow, I'm stunned that this shouln't be possible. I always thought it would work like you would parse the youtube pages and extract them to a bunch of variables, and then defining a layout where and which variables should be displayed.

Well, I guess appending it to the title would be better than nothing, but should be made an addon option then.

But I could swear, in an earlier version of either your or the other youtube plugin, there was already the release date displayed, instead of the video duration.

- HenrikDK - 2010-11-23

Ara1 Wrote:wow, I'm stunned that this shouldn't be possible. I always thought it would work like you would parse the YouTube pages and extract them to a bunch of variables, and then defining a layout where and which variables should be displayed.

Well, I guess appending it to the title would be better than nothing, but should be made an addon option then.

But I could swear, in an earlier version of either your or the other YouTube plugin, there was already the release date displayed, instead of the video duration.

You're basically describing the difference between an XBMC plugin (what we're dealing with here) and a Script (The old YouTube3). We're not really interested in going up against the whole WindowXML part of the XBMC script engine. My main problem with the WindowXML engine is that plugins written this way have a tendency to stick out from the rest of the skin since script engine almost always requires you to start distributing you own textures (As you can never be sure of what names we're chosen by the skin designer).

We would rather focus on providing access to content and leave the questions of visual design to the people with the most experience, ie the skinners Smile

- Ara1 - 2010-11-23

ah, thanks a lot for providing this insight Smile
Does this in reverse mean that the Skin I'm using (Cirrus) decides what and how is displayed in this "special" Folder?

Just looked it up, some skins seem to already handle that, Confluence for example with Apple Movie Trailers; although I'm now not sure if that applies here, as the files are called script.... and this is apparently a plugin.
Well, I'll ask the Cirrus Author if he could customize it Smile

- Novin - 2010-11-23

HenrikDK Wrote:Sadly there's not much we can do about this. Once the video url's passed of to xbmc its out of our hands. Usually YouTube's buffering problems are most frequent on lower quality videos (below 720p) as those are the only ones throttled. We've tried messing around with the url information but that either didn't have any effect or resultet in video playback failing. Sad

Hmm, so the problem is with XBMC? Have you created a ticket for this bug? I'd like to help but I think you could create a better, more detailed ticket than anyone else.

- Drir - 2010-11-24

Wondering if it's at all possible to give priority play to local content.

What I mean is for example you have a playlist or a trailer video you liked and downloaded earlier. Whenever you go back to that playlist or video it immediately plays local content first. Rather then downloading over and over again.

Also I was thinking about starting to organize these videos into folders, so if it was possible for a recursive search or something. It would be useful.

Send remote link - master.lincoln - 2010-11-24

I'm currently looking for a way to send a link to xbmc remotely to make xbmc play that link.

Mainly I'd like to be able to transmit a youtube url via network to the xbmc machine and then the video starts playing.

There was this Firefox extension XBMCfox and a greasemonkey script that tried to get the url of the flv and then used the (deprecated) http api of xbmc to make it play the video. But both stopped working long time ago.

Nowadays one could use the json rpc api but I was too retarded to get the actual video url (of the flv) scraped to send it to xbmc.

I wonder if there would be a way to send a link (like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1234567) to your addon and make it care for the rest.
Or instead (if that's not possible. At least I couldn't find an easy way) point me to the right direction so I can scrape the video url by myself and use the rpc api.

Thanks in advance
Lincoln

- amet - 2010-11-24

master.lincoln Wrote:I'm currently looking for a way to send a link to xbmc remotely to make xbmc play that link.

Mainly I'd like to be able to transmit a youtube url via network to the xbmc machine and then the video starts playing.

There was this Firefox extension XBMCfox and a greasemonkey script that tried to get the url of the flv and then used the (deprecated) http api of xbmc to make it play the video. But both stopped working long time ago.

Nowadays one could use the json rpc api but I was too retarded to get the actual video url (of the flv) scraped to send it to xbmc.

I wonder if there would be a way to send a link (like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1234567) to your addon and make it care for the rest.
Or instead (if that's not possible. At least I couldn't find an easy way) point me to the right direction so I can scrape the video url by myself and use the rpc api.

Thanks in advance
Lincoln

How is this relevant to YouTube plugin?? Please dont threadjack , open a new thread with your question.

Cheers,
Zeljko

- panos_k75 - 2010-11-24

hi
maybe a silly question but will ask anyway...would this plugin be able to scan my movie library and add trailer support (just the youtube URL, i don't need the actual trailer on my HDD) for all my movies? I believe the current xbmc scrapers use other sources for trailers, but i only want youtube.

Thanks in advance.

- Nektarios - 2010-11-24

I would ask for some feature requests please, that should not be too difficult to do. I can program it myself if you could help me out a little.

1. Introduce a "Find related videos" option on the context menu of a video.
2. The option to edit a saved search, so you don't have to re-type the whole search if you made a typo error or only want to add or change a keyword.
3. Somehow make an option to have a default view (list, thumbnails etc) on all views.

- HenrikDK - 2010-11-24

Nektarios Wrote:I would ask for some feature requests please, that should not be too difficult to do. I can program it myself if you could help me out a little.

1. Introduce a "Find related videos" option on the context menu of a video.
Theres already a find similar in the current beta version you can find on the site: http://code.google.com/p/youtubexbmc/

Nektarios Wrote:2. The option to edit a saved search, so you don't have to re-type the whole search if you made a typo error or only want to add or change a keyword.
Again this should already be implemented in the current beta from the site

Nektarios Wrote:3. Somehow make an option to have a default view (list, thumbnails etc) on all views.
This is already on the todo for beta 1.9.5

- HenrikDK - 2010-11-25

panos_k75 Wrote:hi
maybe a silly question but will ask anyway...would this plugin be able to scan my movie library and add trailer support (just the youtube URL, i don't need the actual trailer on my HDD) for all my movies? I believe the current xbmc scrapers use other sources for trailers, but i only want youtube.

Thanks in advance.
This is sadly not possible with an xbmc plugin since we're limited to only generating folder lists and serving up video streams. Sad

- TobiasTheCommie - 2010-11-25

Novin Wrote:Hello

I very often find that I have serious buffering problems. For example, my daughter likes to watch the Gummibjörn video and on that short low-res video I think I got 7-8 buffering. If I exit XBMC and watch it through my browser I have no problem at all. Even if I select another video with higher resolution.

My xbmc.log is here.

Thanks for a great plugin otherwise!

Actually this problem mostly happens with low-res videos. High resolution videos usually play better from youtube.

Novin Wrote:Hmm, so the problem is with XBMC? Have you created a ticket for this bug? I'd like to help but I think you could create a better, more detailed ticket than anyone else.

No we haven't created a trac for this issue. Mostly because i don't see the XBMC developers fixing this issue.

This is an annoying and weird problem, that i have spend some time investigating.

This problem mostly happens on low definition videos. High definition videos should play better. So if your connection can handle it always choose the 720p version, you will get better quality, but you will also get less buffering problems.

The reason behind this is a littler weird, but here is an example.

I downloaded a 100mbyte miley cyrus video at 1,49 MB/s) in 67seconds.

The video you provided is 12mbytes and took 102seconds to download at a speed of only 121 KB/s.

The reason that high definition videos are faster is because google have to sustain a high transfer rate for the videos to be playable, at all times.

With the low-res videos the first 3 mbytes of the video is send at the highest speeds (i'm seeing 1.91 mbyte/s for your video).

But after the first 3 mbytes the transfer is throttled down to 95 kbyte/s.

Now, a quick calculation shows that it should take a minimum of 77kbyte/s to watch the video straight through with no buffering issues.

I suspect that the flash player will send some kind of message to youtube's server to ask it to burst again, when it is needed. Though i have nothing to back that up. If this is the case, there is no way for us to do that.

The only solution to this issue that i have found is to have xbmc disconnect from the stream after the first 3mbyte have been downloaded, and then reconnect. Redo until the stream is complete.

I could download your 12mb video in about 12 seconds(counted in my head) when breaking and resuming the download manually(that time includes me breaking and resuming).

Now, that is a really ugly mess, and i would be very much surprised if xbmc would implement this.

I'm sorry i can't provide you with a more satisfactory answer than this. But i don't see how this issue can be resolved.

For those with interest in the gritty details here they are:

url for hd video
Code:
http://v9.lscache2.c.youtube.com/videoplayback?ip=89.0.0.0&sparams=id,expire,ip,ipbits,itag,ratebypass&itag=37&ipbits=8&sver=3&ratebypass=yes&expire=1290657600&key=yt1&signature=D4DD241DE24FC4FC2F98509ADC50AE5EC79140C1.729CE7E19E50CB71F2A6C45CE4697F3E8FC0E249&id=b23486eb3ff5dfe4

url for low-res video
Code:
http://v7.lscache7.c.youtube.com/videoplayback?ip=89.0.0.0&sparams=id,expire,ip,ipbits,itag,algorithm,burst,factor&fexp=908607,904531&algorithm=throttle-factor&itag=34&ipbits=8&burst=40&sver=3&expire=1290661200&key=yt1&signature=1599221CA409ABB87645BE530B65831B8B24C7E8.330A81F61E95010C5DA5D40375EEE3EFC2E0BF18&factor=1.25&id=21cbf779429c8eac

Neither of these url's can be used by anyone other than me, they are locked to my network block(And in any case expire quickly).

But the interesting part of those url's are

sd: sparams=id,expire,ip,ipbits,itag,algorithm,burst,factor&fexp=908607,904531&algorithm=throttle-factor&itag=34&ipbits=8&burst=40

hd: sparams=id,expire,ip,ipbits,itag,ratebypass&itag=37&ipbits=8&sver=3&ratebypass=yes

We have tried to manipulate these in various ways, but nothing have been of any avail.