Kodi Community Forum
Release [depricated] old YouTube Plugin - XBMC 13.0 Frodo/Gotham only - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: Release [depricated] old YouTube Plugin - XBMC 13.0 Frodo/Gotham only (/showthread.php?tid=79487)

RE: [RELEASE] YouTube (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard YouTube Addon for XBMC - bac522 - 2014-04-24

(2014-04-24, 14:14)Isegrim Wrote: To be honest.. I'm tired of the YouTube app for XBMC.
I couldn't agree more and the one time I put a bug in about youtube problem, got rude responses from developers...I know all the developers do this for free in their spare time, but no reason to be rude about it.

Quote:Actually I use an Andoid app called "Yatse" for sending/queing YT Links to XBMC. Works perfectly with frodo (only).
This is what I do as well, works great with Gotham too. Also for Android, you can use an app called Twonky Beam.

RE: [RELEASE] YouTube (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard YouTube Addon for XBMC - gott_sei_dank - 2014-04-24

(2014-04-24, 14:14)Isegrim Wrote: To be honest.. I'm tired of the YouTube app for XBMC.
I have to say that I also have problems with my YT account in terms of I don't know "how" correctly to login with this app.
Since Google+ forced everyone to link your YT, things work a bit differently.

Actually I use an Andoid app called "Yatse" for sending/queing YT Links to XBMC. Works perfectly with frodo (only).

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure that needs the Youtube app installed on XBMC.

RE: YouTube - vort1 - 2014-04-24

Sorry my 1st post is a "help me" one but here it is

I have used youtube on my Ras Pi for sometime and from time to time its had problems like not logging in etc, nothing that a bit of messing about didn't fix,

But today it will not play anything on youtube it sits on "opening stream" sometimes i can cancel it (after 5min + to make sure its not just lag) and then get "files already being played" when i retry most of the time it just resets the PI

I understand people will be working on this but my big question is will it ever be stable ? or is working on a way to fix it every 3-4m now my life ?

i don't let me PI update because every time i have to spend a week fixing stuff and still stuff stops working.
Should i just give up and buy a cheep laptop and a HMDI cable ?

Thank you for any help or info.

RE: [RELEASE] YouTube (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard YouTube Addon for XBMC - Measter - 2014-04-24

I am having the same issue as Vort1, also on a Raspberry Pi. I'm running Rapsbian, fully updated, the latest release version of XBMC.

RE: [RELEASE] YouTube (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard YouTube Addon for XBMC - bac522 - 2014-04-24

(2014-04-24, 16:38)gott_sei_dank Wrote:
I have to say that I also have problems with my YT account in terms of I don't know "how" correctly to login with this app.
Since Google+ forced everyone to link your YT, things work a bit differently.

Actually I use an Andoid app called "Yatse" for sending/queing YT Links to XBMC. Works perfectly with frodo (only).

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure that needs the Youtube app installed on XBMC.
You are correct, but it doesn't require any logging in to send through Yatse, just need the YT plugin installed.

RE: [RELEASE] YouTube (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard YouTube Addon for XBMC - Mafarricos - 2014-04-25

(2014-04-24, 20:01)vort1 Wrote: Sorry my 1st post is a "help me" one but here it is

I have used youtube on my Ras Pi for sometime and from time to time its had problems like not logging in etc, nothing that a bit of messing about didn't fix,

But today it will not play anything on youtube it sits on "opening stream" sometimes i can cancel it (after 5min + to make sure its not just lag) and then get "files already being played" when i retry most of the time it just resets the PI

I understand people will be working on this but my big question is will it ever be stable ? or is working on a way to fix it every 3-4m now my life ?

i don't let me PI update because every time i have to spend a week fixing stuff and still stuff stops working.
Should i just give up and buy a cheep laptop and a HMDI cable ?

Thank you for any help or info.

Same problem here.
Applied sogopot fix, and now I can login, but with login made it takes at least 1 minute or more to open the video, without login open right on the spot.
Still no fix for this?
For what I'm seeing I'm not the only one with this problem.

RE: [RELEASE] YouTube (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard YouTube Addon for XBMC - Death-Axe - 2014-04-25

Tried the fixed one, followed all instructions; same login error. They are all broken.

(2014-04-22, 19:13)gott_sei_dank Wrote:
(2014-04-19, 17:06)Death-Axe Wrote: You know, instead of loging in at all, wouldn't it be better if this addon could pull as this pulls http://daviddeutsch.github.io/yt-sanegrid/ no login needed at all.

I'v had success using the no username/password fork which has PR pending on github, login, subs, and search all work. I can't vouch for security but it uses OAUTH from Google. It doesn't have the vevo fix and it has a different name and version number so any apps you use which call the plugin won't work remote apps etc. Use at own risk etc.

Can you link me to this please? :-)

RE: [RELEASE] YouTube (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard YouTube Addon for XBMC - sogopot - 2014-04-25

(2014-04-25, 15:35)Death-Axe Wrote: Tried the fixed one, followed all instructions; same login error. They are all broken.
Just curious, when did you try the fixed one? I upped another revised one with the entire 2-step verification commented out the other day. Maybe that one will work better if you haven't tried it recently.

Link to post with download --> LINK

Are you running XBMC on Windows 7?

Do you have 2-step verification activated on your Google account?

RE: [RELEASE] YouTube (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard YouTube Addon for XBMC - Death-Axe - 2014-04-26

Win 8, 2 step on (not turning that off for a broken addon) and yes that is the one I downloaded.

A new addon based on whatever the YTsanegrid uses would be the best option really, would get around this login broken-ness that keeps popping up.

RE: [RELEASE] YouTube (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard YouTube Addon for XBMC - Isegrim - 2014-04-26

(2014-04-24, 16:38)gott_sei_dank Wrote: I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure that needs the Youtube app installed on XBMC.

I suppose you're right on that. Don't get me wrong I still like the XBMC YT addon.
But I have too much hassle with the login. Especially with "my" very old account from 2006.

Actually, it's easier to "share" a youtube video with Yatse and send it to XBMC

I'm still glad YT for XMBC is working fine anyway.

RE: [RELEASE] YouTube (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard YouTube Addon for XBMC - aschwerin.moses - 2014-04-26

Is there a way I can link my music library/folder to youtube? Suppose I right click on a track, is there a way to get "Search in Youtube" kinda option.

Please help if there is such a feature.

RE: [RELEASE] YouTube (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard YouTube Addon for XBMC - gott_sei_dank - 2014-04-26

(2014-04-25, 15:35)Death-Axe Wrote: Tried the fixed one, followed all instructions; same login error. They are all broken.

(2014-04-22, 19:13)gott_sei_dank Wrote:
(2014-04-19, 17:06)Death-Axe Wrote: You know, instead of loging in at all, wouldn't it be better if this addon could pull as this pulls http://daviddeutsch.github.io/yt-sanegrid/ no login needed at all.

I'v had success using the no username/password fork which has PR pending on github, login, subs, and search all work. I can't vouch for security but it uses OAUTH from Google. It doesn't have the vevo fix and it has a different name and version number so any apps you use which call the plugin won't work remote apps etc. Use at own risk etc.

Can you link me to this please? :-)

https://github.com/jimporter/youtube-xbmc-plugin

RE: [RELEASE] YouTube (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard YouTube Addon for XBMC - macmus - 2014-04-26

downloaded latest release, removed all folders my account does not login.

new created account does login.. i just used whatever was linked in this topic.

RE: [RELEASE] YouTube (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard YouTube Addon for XBMC - Alexander - 2014-04-29

Thanks sogopot, I applied the instructions in the post #3997, and it's all worked here.
(win7-x64, win8-x64 and raspberry-pi, your fix worked on these three systems).

live quality - sogopot - 2014-04-29

(2014-04-24, 00:48)RedPenguin Wrote: Now that YouTube Live works, is there any way to adjust the quality? The Young Turks live stream is 1080p and it buffers like crazy on some Internets I use.

I would like to drop it to 720p, 480p, etc when using slower Internet so it doesn't buffer like crazy.

I looked around the YT plugins menu and settings and could'nt find anything to drop the live stream rate. Unless there's something I did'nt see.

I took a look in the code and found this snippet in YouTubeplayer.py...

Code:
if len(links) != 0:
            video[u"video_url"] = self.selectVideoQuality(params, links)
        elif "hlsvp" in video:
            #hls selects the quality based on available bitrate (adaptive quality), no need to select it here
            video[u"video_url"] = video[u"hlsvp"]
            self.common.log("Using hlsvp url %s" % video[u"video_url"])

In my amateur understanding, it appears that the live stream URL this plugin uses will automatically choose the bestt quality feed based on your bandwidth. So, if you have a decent enough connection, you'll most likely get the best stream.

I couldn't find anything else that the plugin can do to manually change your feed. However, I think I might have a work around.

You can configure XBMC to throttle its connection. Start XBMC and go to System>System. First, Change the Settings Level to Expert. Now, under Internet Access you'll see a setting named Internet connection bandwidth limitation, changing that setting to 1536kbps should get you an SD stream, and changing it to 3072kbps should get you a 720p stream.

This isn't a very elegant workaround, but if you really want your live streams coming in different rates, this might be the only option for now, unless there's a proper way of doing this that I overlooked.