Kodi Community Forum
Release [depricated] old YouTube Plugin - XBMC 13.0 Frodo/Gotham only - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: Release [depricated] old YouTube Plugin - XBMC 13.0 Frodo/Gotham only (/showthread.php?tid=79487)

- japzone - 2010-12-12

HenrikDK Wrote:Actually you can exit the plugin, the download gets it's own thread so it's independent of whether or not the plugin is "running". Any download should continue working as long as XBMC's running.
Thanks I hadn't realized.
HenrikDK Wrote:After version 2 we'll probably look into creating a progress bar, but it'll have to be an advanced setting as I'm not that fond of locking the screen.
It doesn't have to be locked. Just a Page you can go to that lists the Progress (ie: ExampleVid 22% Complete) For example Navi-X shows you the Download Progress in they're Status Bar. I assume you could just make a Page for it. Even better would be letting you pause the Download, like you can in Navi-X.

- HenrikDK - 2010-12-12

japzone Wrote:Thanks I hadn't realized.

It doesn't have to be locked. Just a Page you can go to that lists the Progress (ie: ExampleVid 22% Complete) For example Navi-X shows you the Download Progress in they're Status Bar. I assume you could just make a Page for it. Even better would be letting you pause the Download, like you can in Navi-X.

Actually since all downloads run in their own thread independent of each other and the rest of the plugin. As far as i can see we don't really have any way of showing download progress than displaying a dialog with a progress bar while the download is ongoing. Navi-X differs from this since its a complete script and not just a plugin.

- japzone - 2010-12-14

HenrikDK Wrote:Actually since all downloads run in their own thread independent of each other and the rest of the plugin. As far as i can see we don't really have any way of showing download progress than displaying a dialog with a progress bar while the download is ongoing. Navi-X differs from this since its a complete script and not just a plugin.

Aaahhh... I see. Personally I think that's a Design flaw on XBMC's part. Hopefully they can fix that.

- nicx76 - 2010-12-14

Hi,

is it possible to use this plugin for the trailer feature of the context menu in each movie info screen (as possible with the youtrailer plugin)?

It would be great if I could change the parameter for the trailer-button to a script which will search the movie trailer in youtube and shows me the result of this search directly, so i dont have to download trailers to my hd for each movie.

nicx...

- HenrikDK - 2010-12-14

pike Wrote:guys, is there anyway to get the Subscriptions displayed in the same order that I added them (similar to Favourites) and not what seems like Random today ?

Soo, had a look at this, this doesn't seem possible, youtube does declare an orderby parameter in their api that should do what you asked, but after experimenting with it for about 5 minuts it seems that it doesn't really have any affect. The YouTube API forums currently have similar complaints open that have remained untouched for over a year (basically that place is a ghost town, though I did get a slight kick out of reading the highest rated complaint thread: http://code.google.com/p/gdata-issues/issues/detail?id=1743&q=label%3AAPI-YouTube&colspec=API%20ID%20Type%20Status%20Priority%20Stars%20Summary
)

But anyways, until youtube fixes the mess that is their current API, there doesn't really seem to be anything to do about this. This really bugs me too as I have a personal issue with the way playlists are ordered right now, where the oldest videos are shown first making them kinda pointless, so we will probably implement a local fix for that at some point, I just shouldn't have to Rolleyes

- HenrikDK - 2010-12-14

a_user Wrote:remember the issue i mentioned about youtube not playing movies when html 5 in firefox activated?

i had now time to investigate this further. it was just a coincidence. the problem is something else:

currently it happens nearly every day that the youtube plugin does not play videos. it works perfect up to the point a select a video to play. on hitting "enter" absolutly nothing happens.

i have activated the debug option in the plugins options but i still don't get any message in the log file. the only message i get is the keyboard or remote control message for hitting "enter" (repectively the remote button).

i have to restart xbmc (sometimes even twice) to get the plugin playing the videos again.

hence i currently use navi-x often to paly youtube videos as this works without any issues.

Can you see if the plugin is at all triggered?

cause otherwise it seems to be a problem with your xbmc installation.

- HenrikDK - 2010-12-14

nmirza Wrote:Request: when you go over a video to be able to see in the in the info pane below or to the left how long ago it was uploaded.

To be able to sort results of a search by date

Sorting should already be implemented, regarding the info pane we coul probably add the date as the first line in the description, but getting it to appear other paces would require changes in the skin.

- craziplaya21 - 2010-12-16

I am having a bit of trouble with this plugin. Sometimes, when watching 1080p videos, it would buffer. Ok fine, I would let it buffer, but I like to give videos a nice big buffer so it doesn't happen again. So I like to pause them and wait a bit then playback again. However, when I pause the video, it also seems to stop buffer a few seconds after. This is so frustrating because it makes 1080p videos unwatchable with the constant buffering I get.

Is there anyway to stop it from halting buffering during Pause or anyway to increase the buffer size? I rather not have to set the option for it to download first, then watch later...
(Using XBMC Dharma RC2)

- HenrikDK - 2010-12-16

craziplaya21 Wrote:I am having a bit of trouble with this plugin. Sometimes, when watching 1080p videos, it would buffer. Ok fine, I would let it buffer, but I like to give videos a nice big buffer so it doesn't happen again. So I like to pause them and wait a bit then playback again. However, when I pause the video, it also seems to stop buffer a few seconds after. This is so frustrating because it makes 1080p videos unwatchable with the constant buffering I get.

Is there anyway to stop it from halting buffering during Pause or anyway to increase the buffer size? I rather not have to set the option for it to download first, then watch later...
(Using XBMC Dharma RC2)

Unfortunately this is an xbmc issue, so theres not really anything we can do about it from the plugin, but it seems there's some movement on this in the trac:
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/10779
though it seems they could use some input on achieving flash player like buffering of videos..

- deepseth - 2010-12-17

Apologies for cross posting. I'm not sure if this has been covered already, as it's quite a long thread, but I noticed there was another thread (Send a YouTube URL link from a desktop computer or laptop?) which referenced this one, and I thought people on this thread may also be interested.

I've taken existing Greasemonkey script and updated it to work with the JSON RPC and this new plugin, so it doesn't need to find a video download URL on it's own.

The updated script that works can be found at http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/92945.

I've also detailed the JSON RPC necessary to do this with other applications too.

HTH!

- HenrikDK - 2010-12-17

deepseth Wrote:Apologies for cross posting. I'm not sure if this has been covered already, as it's quite a long thread, but I noticed there was another thread (Send a YouTube URL link from a desktop computer or laptop?) which referenced this one, and I thought people on this thread may also be interested.

I've taken existing Greasemonkey script and updated it to work with the JSON RPC and this new plugin, so it doesn't need to find a video download URL on it's own.

The updated script that works can be found at http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/92945.

I've also detailed the JSON RPC necessary to do this with other applications too.

HTH!

Hi, yeah saw this in the other thread, very cewl work and thanks for the info Smile

- HenrikDK - 2010-12-18

New version is 1.9.5, this will be the last beta before move to final v. 2.0.

Changes in this version include;
- Fixed folder visibility settings for Explore YouTube Category
- Allow user to select view modes between "Video Thumbnails", "Thumbnails Everywhere" and "XBMC Default" for listings
- Added Upload Date and view count to video info pane
- Added "Related videos" to context menu
- Added option to access Download folder from within the plugin
- Added support for viewing Subscription Playlists
- Added queue folder option to newsubscription videos
- Fixed Disco search after batch query JSON experimentation broke it
- Fixed some minor errors in show scraper
- Update icon and thumbnail licensing

http://code.google.com/p/youtubexbmc/downloads

Known Bugs:
It is currently not possible to remove favorites due to the YouTube api giving us the wrong id.

- Drir - 2010-12-18

Good stuff mate, keep up the good work. And it's nice to see a downloads folder ^_^

- Drir - 2010-12-18

Only issue is that you got rid of individual queue for new subscriptions. And even though there is a hide watched option, they don't really get hidden after being watched. But that is not really a big issue for me. Would just be nice.

- HenrikDK - 2010-12-18

Drir Wrote:Only issue is that you got rid of individual queue for new subscriptions. And even though there is a hide watched option, they don't really get hidden after being watched. But that is not really a big issue for me. Would just be nice.

Im not sure i get what feature you're referring to, was this in the previous beta?