Kodi Community Forum
Release [depricated] old YouTube Plugin - XBMC 13.0 Frodo/Gotham only - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: Release [depricated] old YouTube Plugin - XBMC 13.0 Frodo/Gotham only (/showthread.php?tid=79487)

- sonic - 2010-12-18

Nice! Thx HenrikDK for the new version, really looking forward for final Smile

- deepseth - 2010-12-18

HenrikDK Wrote:Hi, yeah saw this in the other thread, very cewl work and thanks for the info Smile

lol, thank YOU for the plugin - my bodged hack wouldn't work without your plugin :-)

- Drir - 2010-12-18

HenrikDK Wrote:Im not sure i get what feature you're referring to, was this in the previous beta?

Yeah, there was add to queue function on individual entries in the new subscriptions category and it was in the original beta I had been using for the last month.

as for the hide watched, it never really worked.

- HenrikDK - 2010-12-19

New version out to fix the problem with installing from zip, latest version is 1.9.6

Changelog:
- Fixed zip file to make install from zip possible again, and reduced install size by 50%

This fix has only been tested on Mac OSX and linux, so there might or might not be issues with windows.

- HenrikDK - 2010-12-19

Drir Wrote:Yeah, there was add to queue function on individual entries in the new subscriptions category and it was in the original beta I had been using for the last month.

as for the hide watched, it never really worked.

Hmm still seems to be there for me:
or have I misunderstood something?

- Drir - 2010-12-19

I noticed within the last day you went from 1.9.5-.6 So I updated again. Still no luck. Plus your view isn't showing "play 1080" and so on. So I am not exactly sure what the problem is. I've deleted the plugin and reinstalled aside from the userdata, but that couldn't have any effect on the addon itself could it?

- HenrikDK - 2010-12-19

Drir Wrote:I noticed within the last day you went from 1.9.5-.6 So I updated again. Still no luck. Plus your view isn't showing "play 1080" and so on. So I am not exactly sure what the problem is. I've deleted the plugin and reinstalled aside from the userdata, but that couldn't have any effect on the addon itself could it?

Ah, so you've enabled the pr video quality selection in settings? Cause when i wrote that piece of code I was affraid that we might exceed the limit for how many context menu items xbmc allows in a listing. Seems we now know what happens Big Grin

---- EDIT ----

Just confirmed it myself, this only happens if you have the "pr video quality seletion" enabled, and it's an xbmc issue, it seems that xbmc just discards the last context menu items if you fill out the list. We'll post a trac about this issue and hear what the devs have to say about it.

- Drir - 2010-12-20

HenrikDK Wrote:Ah, so you've enabled the pr video quality selection in settings? Cause when i wrote that piece of code I was affraid that we might exceed the limit for how many context menu items xbmc allows in a listing. Seems we now know what happens Big Grin

---- EDIT ----

Just confirmed it myself, this only happens if you have the "pr video quality seletion" enabled, and it's an xbmc issue, it seems that xbmc just discards the last context menu items if you fill out the list. We'll post a trac about this issue and hear what the devs have to say about it.

Alrighty, so there is no way around this issue is there?

- HenrikDK - 2010-12-20

Drir Wrote:Alrighty, so there is no way around this issue is there?

fraid not Sad

- deepseth - 2010-12-20

Once again, apologies if this has been mentioned in the past already - it's a very long thread!

I've noticed that when I trigger videos using plugin://plugin.video.youtube/?action=play_video&videoid=$videoid, if i press 'i' during playback to see video information, i dont get any title for the video. i do get a view of the seek bar, total length, finish time and video codec/resolution/aspect/etc, just no title or description details.

is it possible to get these added, or would they need to be passed as additional params with the plugin:// url?

obviously it would be preferable to have this handled by the plugin - one less thing to scrape and potentially break when page designs change for other addons using this one (e.g. the greasemonkey script)

XBMC will not play Youtube [debug log posted] - kafugl - 2010-12-20

Hello,
I have installed XBMC for the first time.

I am trying to get access to different services for Video and Pictures and getting a lot "Script Errors" (plugin.image.flickr, plugin.video.youtube etc) along with "Uncaught Errors".

This is one of the log entries::
18:42:25 T:4924 M:1848422400 ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [plugin://plugin.video.youtube.beta/?path=/root/search&action=play_video&videoid=azwtiv8qaHQ]
BTW this video works fine in youtube..

A bunch of video plug-ins are not useable because this Script error comes up for most plug ins.

Windows 7 professional is at the newest patch level. Do I need additional win software in order to omit this script errors??
What could be the reason for this errors?

Thank you for your help.

- nmirza - 2010-12-20

Requests:

1- Any chance you could move the Queue video button to the very top of the list, so when you bring up the contexual menu its easy to access.
i find that from that whole list, queue is the most commonly used feature (atleast for me, and id assume for alot of other people out there) so if you're queing a bunch of videos it gets annoying to bring up the menu and then go to queue constantly (it used to be second last on the list, now it seems its moving to the middle of the list with new features added).

2-with subscriptions, when the individual uploads the file, they generally start with the first video, then second, third and so on. when you bring up the susbcription thought the videos are listed in the opposite order (i.e. last uploaded is first). in order for me to queue multi part videos in correct sequence, i have to go to the first one, queue, the highlight moves one step down, i then have to press up up, queue, up up, queue....
Any chance to be able to add a menu item to sort the screen in opposite order making this simpler?

A question:
I use the non default skin, would the skin have to be edited by creator to allow for the newer menu options or is the skin design process such that its versatile and doesnt have to be updated to allow for additional context items?

- alexrose1uk - 2010-12-20

Not sure whats causing that but I'd recommend uninstalling, wiping the profile folder incase anything is conflicting and reinstall making sure everything is installed. It could be something is conflicting or the VS install didnt work properly.
I'm on Win7 x64 and have been using Dharma with no script errors that I've seen so far.

- kafugl - 2010-12-20

Thanks for answering.

Have de- and reinstalled XBMC. Youtube still reports "Script fails" and "Uncaught error". Tried it with 1.8.1 and the beta script.

20:31:30 T:6020 M:1169047552 ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [plugin://plugin.video.youtube.beta/?path=/root/search/new&action=play_video&videoid=xQSswDZ150E]

This video is definitively playable. Very strange.

- natethomas - 2010-12-21

A full debug log posted using pastebin would probably elicit more and better answers.

I'm curious. Are you using the official addons to view youtube and similar, or are you trying to roll your own?