Kodi Community Forum
Release [depricated] old YouTube Plugin - XBMC 13.0 Frodo/Gotham only - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: Release [depricated] old YouTube Plugin - XBMC 13.0 Frodo/Gotham only (/showthread.php?tid=79487)

- soufiane - 2010-12-27

okay hier is the xbmc.log

- ndeshmukh - 2010-12-27

TobiasTheCommie Wrote:This is fixed in the next version.

Thanks.

- HunterZ - 2010-12-27

HenrikDK Wrote:Depends wether or not you've linked your youtube account to a google account:
In that case you need to write the entire gmail address remembering the @gmail.com part (or at least that's how i got it working), you could also try unlinking the accounts on youtube if your not comfortable using your google account.

Other than that its hard to tell but a log with the plugins debug mode enabled would be nice Smile

/HenrikDK
Here's my xbmc.log with the YouTube plugin debug mode enabled: http://pastebin.ca/2030729

I'll try some of the suggestions in TobiasTheCommie's post and see if that helps.

UPDATE: It appears that the problem may be that when I type the number 0 using a real keyboard when entering my password, a blank space appears instead of an asterisk. When my password is complete, there is then a missing asterisk where the 0 character should be.

If I instead type my password using the on-screen keyboard buttons, it works fine and the login is successful.

I also noticed that if I blank the password field and then hold down the 0 key on a real keyboard, I get a rapid rotation of various symbols on the screen! Looks like a bug in either the Youtube plugin or XBMC.

- HenrikDK - 2010-12-27

HunterZ Wrote:Here's my xbmc.log with the YouTube plugin debug mode enabled: http://pastebin.ca/2030729

I'll try some of the suggestions in TobiasTheCommie's post and see if that helps.

UPDATE: It appears that the problem may be that when I type the number 0 using a real keyboard when entering my password, a blank space appears instead of an asterisk. When my password is complete, there is then a missing asterisk where the 0 character should be.

If I instead type my password using the on-screen keyboard buttons, it works fine and the login is successful.

I also noticed that if I blank the password field and then hold down the 0 key on a real keyboard, I get a rapid rotation of various symbols on the screen! Looks like a bug in either the Youtube plugin or XBMC.

This would be a problem with XBMC, since we don't control the keyboard implementation in either the plugin or xbmc Smile

- TobiasTheCommie - 2010-12-28

soufiane Wrote:okay hier is the xbmc.log

I can't really see anything wrong, could you try with a non live version?

- Drir - 2010-12-28

Thanks for 2.0 HenrikDK and any others working on this plugin, I'm happy with what this is up to, any more development is just an added bonus ^_^

- jaaahaaa - 2010-12-28

I really like the new "disco mode" but is there a way to play the full playlist (top 25) easilly? As for now I need to press play after each song.

Thx for a sweet plugin

- Drir - 2010-12-28

Lol everytime I consider this plugin to be perfect, I come up with another suggestion. Sorry if it is bugging you.

But I was just wondering if it was at all possible, when downloading a video, to create a .txt file with video info, so that I could sort files in folders include the .txt and still have the info display through the downloads folder.

jaaahaaa Wrote:I really like the new "disco mode" but is there a way to play the full playlist (top 25) easilly? As for now I need to press play after each song.

Thx for a sweet plugin

Like on other folders you can select "Queue folder" from the context menu.

A "Play folder" can't be implemented before XBMC implements it.

Drir Wrote:Lol everytime I consider this plugin to be perfect, I come up with another suggestion. Sorry if it is bugging you.

But I was just wondering if it was at all possible, when downloading a video, to create a .txt file with video info, so that I could sort files in folders include the .txt and still have the info display through the downloads folder.

What kind of info would you want in the txt file?

- Drir - 2010-12-28

TobiasTheCommie Wrote:What kind of info would you want in the txt file?

Date added,Title, Description, Owners username, maybe even link address and category, but purely for reference.

Drir Wrote:Date added,Title, Description, Owners username, maybe even link address and category, but purely for reference.

Should be doable. We will investigate.

- Nektarios - 2010-12-28

HenrikDK Wrote:This solutions is hopefully only temporary as it's really just a hack, we have created a trac for this issue some time ago which you can probably find a mention of it earlier in this thread.

This feature only works if your using the confluence skin thats default with xbmc.
Video Thumbnails = only video lists will be presented as thumbnails
Thumbnails Everywhere = all listings will be presented as thumbnails
XBMC default = this is the same as switching the feature off and will allow xbmc to use its default file listing for the plugin.

Btw what is a "full list"? (please post a screenshot)
/Henrik DK

OK I just use the "XBMC Default" setting and now it uses the "List" view which suits me somewhat. Smile

The "Full List" was a view that I saw in the former Youtube plugin where it was just like the "List" but without a preview window, it was only a list occupying the whole screen from left to right. That was nice because you could read almost all of the big titled videos without scrolling.

I used the new feature "find similar" but it gives me a message "no login" which I guess that means that I have to be logged in to use that. Could this work without a login? I don't desire to be logged in to you tube.

Thanks for your great work Henrik. Big Grin

- HenrikDK - 2010-12-28

Nektarios Wrote:I used the new feature "find similar" but it gives me a message "no login" which I guess that means that I have to be logged in to use that. Could this work without a login? I don't desire to be logged in to you tube.

Hmm thats a mistake that feature shouldn't require login, we'll look into it

- Drir - 2010-12-29

TobiasTheCommie Wrote:Should be doable. We will investigate.

^_^ happy to hear it.