Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] TV Show Next Aired (Script) Addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] TV Show Next Aired (Script) Addon (/showthread.php?tid=79493)

- ppic - 2011-05-12

normal, data are cached during 24h

- anarchintosh - 2011-05-13

ppic, the majority of my tv shows in my library finished airing a long time ago. since i use TV Show Next Aired with Aeon Nox, this means i get loads of Info Unavailable displayed when i'm browsing through my library.

I was thinking of adding a patch to it so that if Info Unavailable is returned, it checks to see if the show has finished airing, and if it has, instead return for Next Episode 'Finished', and for Latest Episode, the date the last episode aired.

Do you think this is a good idea? It might require TVDB api calls...

- BigNoid - 2011-05-13

anarchintosh Wrote:ppic, the majority of my tv shows in my library finished airing a long time ago. since i use TV Show Next Aired with Aeon Nox, this means i get loads of Info Unavailable displayed when i'm browsing through my library.

I was thinking of adding a patch to it so that if Info Unavailable is returned, it checks to see if the show has finished airing, and if it has, instead return for Next Episode 'Finished', and for Latest Episode, the date the last episode aired.

Yeah I requested this also when I first implemented the script in the videolibrary. Would be nice to see that the show is ended and when the last episode was.

- ppic - 2011-05-13

anarchintosh Wrote:ppic, the majority of my tv shows in my library finished airing a long time ago. since i use TV Show Next Aired with Aeon Nox, this means i get loads of Info Unavailable displayed when i'm browsing through my library.

you should use conditional visibility for that instead of unavailable info.
for now, i can't make more, i will recode the script in service to make less work for skinner in eden, i won't improve it before i think.

- anarchintosh - 2011-05-13

Big_Noid Wrote:Yeah I requested this also when I first implemented the script in the videolibrary. Would be nice to see that the show is ended and when the last episode was.
yeah, glad you thought so too!

ppic Wrote:you should use conditional visibility for that instead of unavailable info.
for now, i can't make more, i will recode the script in service to make less work for skinner in eden, i won't improve it before i think.
if i submit a patch for my thing would you accept it?

- BigNoid - 2011-05-13

I believe the only thing that needs change is that it doesn't filter out the ended shows. Only problem then is that I would have to add more visibility conditions, I think that is what you mean, ppic, with less work for skinners?
The info unavailable is a fallback, it wouldn't look good if there was nothing. Your script has a prominent place in that view Big Grin

- ppic - 2011-05-13

Big_Noid Wrote:I believe the only thing that needs change is that it doesn't filter out the ended shows. Only problem then is that I would have to add more visibility conditions, I think that is what you mean, ppic, with less work for skinners?
The info unavailable is a fallback, it wouldn't look good if there was nothing. Your script has a prominent place in that view Big Grin

yes, that's one of the problem! you'll need to make a ton of condition test.

- NutNothing - 2011-05-14

I'm a newbie to XBMC. I had Next Aired working fine a week ago while testing Neon. Now when I came back to it tonight it has no shows. Nothing I do will make it scan.

debug.log: http://pastebin.com/zWvh5EFV

Thanks!

- ppic - 2011-05-14

seems to be no error in your log, just no data, please post a full debug log.

- NutNothing - 2011-05-16

I think it was a problem with using Neon (SVN) and not using the nightlies. I updated to the latest nightly and everything is working great.

Sorry for the confusion and a huge thanks for this and the other add-ons/scripts you have provided. They are awesome!

- papampi - 2011-05-18

Hi ppic
thanks for the nice Addon! its should be good !
I'm using it with Neon skin on atv2 ,when i start xbmc it shows tv guide updated after 10 seconeds then when i go to "tv guide" menu in Neon skin I only see black boxes with air dates and when i open it I see names and full info with black boxes beside them (no images)!
where does your script gets the image for tv shows from ?
is there a fix for my problem ? should i send you my log file ?

- ppic - 2011-05-18

depend what the skin use, ask the skinner.

- papampi - 2011-05-18

ppic Wrote:depend what the skin use, ask the skinner.

thnx man !
will test with other skins !!!

- x23piracy - 2011-05-18

Hi,

@ppic any plans for nationalization?
If yes i can watch out for a usefull website that can deliver for my case german contents?

Greetz X23

- papampi - 2011-05-18

ppic Wrote:depend what the skin use, ask the skinner.

so it seems its not the skin problem !
the images not shown even when i run the addon direct from the video addons !!!
i uninstall and reinstall, and also set the view to banner, wide ,....
but no picture !!!
any idea ?