Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] TV Show Next Aired (Script) Addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] TV Show Next Aired (Script) Addon (/showthread.php?tid=79493)

- ronie - 2011-10-06

Vengent Wrote:It's on ATV2, running stable, not nightly. Anyone have any ideas?

your xbmc build is too old.

- papampi - 2011-10-06

Vengent Wrote:File "/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/script.tv.show.next.aired/default.py", line 25, in <module>
if not xbmcvfs.exists(DATA_PATH): xbmcvfs.mkdir(DATA_PATH)
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'mkdir'
20:18:09 T:99106816 M:143298560 INFO: -->End of Python script error report<--
It's on ATV2, running stable, not nightly. Anyone have any ideas?
as it's attribute error may be change that would be helpful
Ssh to yr appletv and run :
chmod 755 /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/script.tv.show.next.aired/default.py
may be it could solve

- ronie - 2011-10-09

version 4.0.1 is now available in the pre-eden addon repo.

as of now the script is listed under program add-ons instead of video add-ons.

what's new:
- make it easier for skinners to use this script (see README.txt)
- integrated TV Guide (thanx 'Black)

- kamil365 - 2011-10-10

Hi,
Is there a way to change timezone only for this script?
Are you planning to add this?Smile

- francovilar - 2011-10-11

ronie Wrote:version 4.0.1 is now available in the pre-eden addon repo.

as of now the script is listed under program add-ons instead of video add-ons.

what's new:
- make it easier for skinners to use this script (see README.txt)
- integrated TV Guide (thanx 'Black)

Good Job!

Any news on showing Cancelled or status of tv series? Maybe making possible to skins showing cancelled tag, just like the watched tag...

- ronie - 2011-10-11

kamil365 Wrote:Hi,
Is there a way to change timezone only for this script?
Are you planning to add this?Smile

certainly worth looking into, though it might be somewhat difficult.

if someone could provide a patch for it, i'll certainly add it :-)

if not, well i can always add it to my way too long list of things to do.

- ronie - 2011-10-11

francovilar Wrote:Good Job!

Any news on showing Cancelled or status of tv series? Maybe making possible to skins showing cancelled tag, just like the watched tag...

news...no, but it ain't forgotten.
just fixing the bugs in 4.0.1 now, before adding new features.

- Sranshaft - 2011-10-13

Just wanted to say what a great addon this is and the addition of the new TV guide feature is absolutely amazing. The only issue I'm having with it is it takes an obscene amount of time to scrape TVRage.com to get the information.

I currently have 119 TV shows in my database and at the moment it takes over 10 minutes to pull the information. Needing to do this everyday makes me use the addon less and less. It's usually only at that time when I really want to check if the show has a new episode available. Having to wait 10 minutes, it's easier to just look it up on the net.

Is there any chance that this could remedied? Perhaps either by caching the information for the current week, loading the information in the background every hour, 3 hours, etc or even switching to TheTVDB.com. Speaking about TVDB, it seems strange to use TVRage for the source as TVDB offers the info regarding status, air time and air date and I assume most people would be using TVDB for their TV scraper already. Would this be a faster solution over using TVRage's API or would one expect the same results?

Again, it's great addon just hope there's a way to make things a little faster.

- User 55003 - 2011-10-15

You could run the script at startup from the Startup.xml in silent mode, the instructions are included in the scripts readme file. this is what I use..

Code:
<onload condition="system.hasaddon(script.tv.show.next.aired)">RunScript(script.tv.show.next.aired,silent=True)</onload>

- Sranshaft - 2011-10-15

Steveb Wrote:You could run the script at startup from the Startup.xml in silent mode, the instructions are included in the scripts readme file. this is what I use..

Code:
<onload condition="system.hasaddon(script.tv.show.next.aired)">RunScript(script.tv.show.next.aired,silent=True)</onload>

That might be a solution but not one in my case as I almost never restart XBMC. It normally goes a month or two without getting restarted unless I'm dealing with installing nightlies. Still doesn't change the fact that it takes over 10 minutes to fetch all the information.

- User 55003 - 2011-10-15

Sranshaft Wrote:That might be a solution but not one in my case as I almost never restart XBMC. It normally goes a month or two without getting restarted unless I'm dealing with installing nightlies. Still doesn't change the fact that it takes over 10 minutes to fetch all the information.

Huh..It should update every 20 hours or so..

Quote from readme.txt
Quote:I) Startup.xml:
RunScript(script.tv.show.next.aired,silent=True)

the script will scan your library and tries to fetch next aired info for every show.
there's no need to specify an alarm, the script will set one internally, it runs every 20 hours.

- bakito - 2011-10-15

hello everyone!
thanks for this great add on!
I have one question: tv next air automaticaly start when I launch xbmc , how can I desactivate this?
the first screen that I see is the schedule one not my xbmc home menu...it's not that bad but I would like to launch it myself...
anyway thanks again!!!
cheers

- ronie - 2011-10-15

bakito Wrote:hello everyone!
thanks for this great add on!
I have one question: tv next air automaticaly start when I launch xbmc , how can I desactivate this?
the first screen that I see is the schedule one not my xbmc home menu...it's not that bad but I would like to launch it myself...
anyway thanks again!!!
cheers

hey, which skin are you using?

- papampi - 2011-10-15

as always !
GREAT JOB !!!!

- bakito - 2011-10-15

I'm using "xperience more" , sorry for the lack of details!!