Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] TV Show Next Aired (Script) Addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] TV Show Next Aired (Script) Addon (/showthread.php?tid=79493)

- ronie - 2011-12-10

morsedl Wrote:Not a big deal, but thought I'd mention it. Big Grin

it's far from ideal, but it's the best we can do for now.
tvrage does not provide airdates for each individual day of the week...

it only lists the date for the upcoming show and provides the info on which days of the week the tv show is aired.

- Kokonutcreme - 2011-12-12

Abrasher Wrote:Any one suddenly start seeing script fail today?

Yes it will complete 30% of the scan and then script failed error message appears.

Cleaned DB, upgraded to latest nightly build and re ran scan but no change. Will try rollback and then run debug when I get home from work tonight.

Blank - Not Working - Xiolent - 2011-12-14

I've have searched high and low and have not been able to get this working. When I run Next Aired it is completely blank. No showtimes, or images, or anything. ANY advice would be greatly appreciated!

- ppic - 2011-12-14

do you have tvshows in your library?

- Xiolent - 2011-12-14

ppic Wrote:do you have tvshows in your library?

I have not. I'm sorry if this is a dumb question, but do you have a good instructional link? I exclusively use Icefilms instead of local media and I everything I've found seems to be local media specific. Thanks for your help!

- `Black - 2011-12-14

You must have local tv shows in your library for this to work. There's currently no way to get this working for streaming services. Check out the wiki for more informations.

- Xiolent - 2011-12-14

`Black Wrote:You must have local tv shows in your library for this to work. There's currently no way to get this working for streaming services. Check out the wiki for more informations.

Just to be thorough - I don't need the guide to be able to direct me to the video files, I just want a simple schedule that shows me what new episodes air on each day of the week. Is this still the case and not possible without local media files?

- Martijn - 2011-12-14

Xiolent Wrote:Just to be thorough - I don't need the guide to be able to direct me to the video files, I just want a simple schedule that shows me what new episodes air on each day of the week. Is this still the case and not possible without local media files?

Indeed not posible.

- Xiolent - 2011-12-14

Ah that's too bad - thanks for the help, though!

- jabba_29 - 2011-12-14

Sorry this is off topic, but to adress Xiolent directly:

Download iceLibrary. Set up your favorite tv shows,
Add them to your library. That plugin can be scheduled to update automatically.

Then the next aired script will see the shows in your library and add them to the display if they are in the schedule that week. Click on the program guide on the show you want and you'll be taken the location of the downloaded strm file.

Works well for me

- Xiolent - 2011-12-14

jabba_29 Wrote:Sorry this is off topic, but to adress Xiolent directly:

Download iceLibrary. Set up your favorite tv shows,
Add them to your library. That plugin can be scheduled to update automatically.

Then the next aired script will see the shows in your library and add them to the display if they are in the schedule that week. Click on the program guide on the show you want and you'll be taken the location of the downloaded strm file.

Works well for me

Hey Jabba_29,
I was actually just doing this, but I haven't been able to get Next Aired to recognize it. Can you elaborate on "add them to your library?" I've added shows to my favorites, but I'm new to this and am not clear on the library system. Thanks!

- Martijn - 2011-12-14

Xiolent Wrote:Hey Jabba_29,
I was actually just doing this, but I haven't been able to get Next Aired to recognize it. Can you elaborate on "add them to your library?" I've added shows to my favorites, but I'm new to this and am not clear on the library system. Thanks!
And please continue that elaboration in the icelibrary thread to keep this one on-topic Smile

- jabba_29 - 2011-12-14

With iceLibrary there is an option to add the content directory to your tv shows in this example. However IIRC I think you still need to set the content type of that folder to tv and I would the run an automated scan after ensuring that there are .strm files in these directories.

Check your tv shows are listed i library mode. Then the next aired script. I haven't modded anything and most things work in next aired. Since it takes schedules from TV rage instead of the source I usually use I find episodes are missing occasionally, but otherwise no issues.

- jabba_29 - 2011-12-14

Martijn Wrote:And please continue that elaboration in the icelibrary thread to keep this one on-topic Smile

Too late! And is semi-relevant to this thread Laugh

Script Error - Buadhai - 2011-12-15

XBMC on Apple TV 1: Pre 11.0 Git 20111003-31113d1 (Compiled Oct 4 2011)

TV Next Aired: 4.1.12

XBMC Log: http://pastebin.com/6A8166u7

Here's a recurring error:

Code:
08:47:58 T:63754240   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting nfs://192.168.0.75:2049/Volumes/Media/TV/Prohibition/

There is no such directory. After cleaning the database I no longer see that error in the log, but I still get an on-screen script error:

Code:
08:08:39 T:64727040    INFO: -->Python script returned the following error<--
08:08:39 T:64727040   ERROR: Error Type: <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>
08:08:39 T:64727040   ERROR: Error Contents: 'str' object has no attribute 'get'
08:08:39 T:64727040   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/Users/frontrow/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/script.tv.show.next.aired/default.py", line 426, in <module>
                                                NextAired()
                                              File "/Users/frontrow/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/script.tv.show.next.aired/default.py", line 85, in __init__
                                                self.run_backend()
                                              File "/Users/frontrow/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/script.tv.show.next.aired/default.py", line 362, in run_backend
                                                if self.selecteditem == item.get("localname", ""):
                                            AttributeError: 'str' object has no attribute 'get'
08:08:39 T:64727040    INFO: -->End of Python script error report<--