Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] TV Show Next Aired (Script) Addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] TV Show Next Aired (Script) Addon (/showthread.php?tid=79493)

RE: [RELEASE] TV Show Next Aired (Script) Addon - RavenNL - 2012-07-30

(2012-07-18, 16:48)RavenNL Wrote:
(2012-07-17, 19:28)ronie Wrote:
(2012-07-17, 06:22)RavenNL Wrote: And same thing happened again. Did a full manual scan yesterday evening and everything was back, now this morning it's empty again. Here is a full debug log. I notice in the logs that doesn't open those pages on tvrage.com (http://services.tvrage.com/tools/quickinfo.php?show=Futurama)

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=5118

tvrage.com times out when fetching the info.
there's not much we can do about it, we already retry 5 times before giving up.

aha ok that was my suspicion hence my question. Strange though that no one else is reporting this problem. This started since tvrage had that problem with their api a few weeks ago. Hope it will be fixed later on, otherwise it could be an idea that users can suggest their own time when it should update instead of midnight as the server is too busy then?

Is it possible to change the update time in one of those config files? I would like to try changing the update time as for now it hardly gives any good results when it's updating at midnight, see previous posts.

RE: [RELEASE] TV Show Next Aired (Script) Addon - ronie - 2012-07-30

(2012-07-30, 19:07)RavenNL Wrote: Is it possible to change the update time in one of those config files?
nope, unless you know a bit of python and alter the update logic.
see lines 100-108 in default.py

RE: [RELEASE] TV Show Next Aired (Script) Addon - RavenNL - 2012-07-31

(2012-07-30, 20:53)ronie Wrote:
(2012-07-30, 19:07)RavenNL Wrote: Is it possible to change the update time in one of those config files?

I checked out but unfortunately this goes beyond my knowledge Sad
But wouldn't be better if we get an option where we can insert our own preferred update time time? This would also load off some of the load we are giving those servers if everyone is updating it midnight.

RE: [RELEASE] TV Show Next Aired (Script) Addon - Martijn - 2012-07-31

(2012-07-31, 20:05)RavenNL Wrote:
(2012-07-30, 20:53)ronie Wrote:

But wouldn't be better if we get an option where we can insert our own preferred update time time? This would also load off some of the load we are giving those servers if everyone is updating it midnight.

It could be possible but not sure what good would that do.

Maybe you haven't noticed but midnight already differs everywhere in the world Tongue
If you haven't got your HTPC on at that time it will do that at boot time so updating is already spread out across the day

RE: [RELEASE] TV Show Next Aired (Script) Addon - RavenNL - 2012-07-31

(2012-07-31, 20:09)Martijn Wrote:
(2012-07-31, 20:05)RavenNL Wrote:
(2012-07-30, 20:53)ronie Wrote: nope, unless you know a bit of python and alter the update logic.

It could be possible but not sure what good would that do.

Maybe you haven't noticed but midnight already differs everywhere in the world Tongue
If you haven't got your HTPC on at that time it will do that at boot time so updating is already spread out across the day

Lol yes i know that midnight is different everywhere Wink
My HTPC is on 24/7 so it updates at midnight, it used to work fine but the last couple of weeks it shows up incomplete or completely empty. When I do a manual update it is up to date again and everything is showing again. But for some reason at midnight it's timing out (see previous posts).

It would do good because you can set your own time to update so those servers aren't get hammered that much. As probably they will get hammered as tvrage api is being used by a lot of users and a lot of other applications. I just think that those server is having a hard time at midnight and that's why I it's timing out a lot. Wink

RE: [RELEASE] TV Show Next Aired (Script) Addon - gman3042 - 2012-08-06

hi.. so im running into an issue.. it seems almost that the next aired will either pull incorrect information or no information at all (N/A) for all of my shows.. if i do a manual refresh.. this seems to fix it... up until a day or two later when it rinses and repeats..

any idea?

here is a debug log

http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=6179

RE: [RELEASE] TV Show Next Aired (Script) Addon - leepenny - 2012-08-08

Hello there, never had a problem with this program but I have one (minor) niggle is that the thumbs/banners/logos are very small
Is this a skin issue (using aeon nox btw) if so please ignore this post and keep up the good work!

RE: [RELEASE] TV Show Next Aired (Script) Addon - Martijn - 2012-08-08

(2012-08-08, 15:38)leepenny Wrote: Hello there, never had a problem with this program but I have one (minor) niggle is that the thumbs/banners/logos are very small
Is this a skin issue (using aeon nox btw) if so please ignore this post and keep up the good work!

The skin decides how to display those images

RE: [RELEASE] TV Show Next Aired (Script) Addon - RavenNL - 2012-08-12

(2012-08-06, 04:47)gman3042 Wrote: hi.. so im running into an issue.. it seems almost that the next aired will either pull incorrect information or no information at all (N/A) for all of my shows.. if i do a manual refresh.. this seems to fix it... up until a day or two later when it rinses and repeats..

any idea?

here is a debug log

http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=6179

You probably have the same problem as me.

I did a test yesterday. I updated the addon and all tv-information was back, that was around 21:00 in the evening and that went perfectly and fast. After midnight the list was empty again so I manually updated it again, this time it took ages to complete. So the servers are just too busy then, I still would like to able to set my own time Wink

RE: [RELEASE] TV Show Next Aired (Script) Addon - gman3042 - 2012-08-16

yeah it's timing out at midnight every time for me (EST).. wish there was a way it could be changed (without being python geniuses like you guys Tongue)

or have it so when it times out, it doesnt reset the next aired info to N/A.. it just keeps the information that was already there and then tries it again the next day

RE: [RELEASE] TV Show Next Aired (Script) Addon - jiggsaw - 2012-08-17

Is there anyway you can add in the actual "next aired" date as an option instead of just the week? I know it used to be in dharma but would love to at least have it as an option for checking premiere dates and stuff.

RE: [RELEASE] TV Show Next Aired (Script) Addon - Hitcher - 2012-08-17

(2012-08-17, 03:32)jiggsaw Wrote: Is there anyway you can add in the actual "next aired" date as an option instead of just the week? I know it used to be in dharma but would love to at least have it as an option for checking premiere dates and stuff.

PHP Code:
Window(Home).Property(NextAired.NextDate

(2012-08-17, 08:17)Hitcher Wrote:
(2012-08-17, 03:32)jiggsaw Wrote: Is there anyway you can add in the actual "next aired" date as an option instead of just the week? I know it used to be in dharma but would love to at least have it as an option for checking premiere dates and stuff.

PHP Code:

What file do I put that code in?

RE: [RELEASE] TV Show Next Aired (Script) Addon - Hitcher - 2012-08-17

(2012-08-17, 17:34)jiggsaw Wrote:
(2012-08-17, 08:17)Hitcher Wrote:

PHP Code:

What file do I put that code in?

Depends where you want it to show and what skin you're using.

Aeon MQ3.