Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] TV Show Next Aired (Script) Addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] TV Show Next Aired (Script) Addon (/showthread.php?tid=79493)

Re: RE: [RELEASE] TV Show Next Aired (Script) Addon - Martijn - 2012-08-17

(2012-08-17, 17:58)jiggsaw Wrote: Aeon MQ3.

Better ask the skin author where you should put the code.

RE: [RELEASE] TV Show Next Aired (Script) Addon - kiwi - 2012-08-28

Isn't it possible to display these missing episodes/season inside the tv series folder? I'd like to open a tv series and see the Season I have and the one are missing. The same for episodes.
Is it possible?

Thanks

RE: [RELEASE] TV Show Next Aired (Script) Addon - Martijn - 2012-08-28

(2012-08-28, 01:01)kiwi Wrote: Isn't it possible to display these missing episodes/season inside the tv series folder? I'd like to open a tv series and see the Season I have and the one are missing. The same for episodes.
Is it possible?

Thanks

no

RE: [RELEASE] TV Show Next Aired (Script) Addon - RavenNL - 2012-09-04

(2012-07-31, 20:24)RavenNL Wrote:
(2012-07-31, 20:09)Martijn Wrote:
(2012-07-31, 20:05)RavenNL Wrote: I checked out but unfortunately this goes beyond my knowledge Sad
But wouldn't be better if we get an option where we can insert our own preferred update time time? This would also load off some of the load we are giving those servers if everyone is updating it midnight.

It could be possible but not sure what good would that do.

Maybe you haven't noticed but midnight already differs everywhere in the world Tongue
If you haven't got your HTPC on at that time it will do that at boot time so updating is already spread out across the day

Lol yes i know that midnight is different everywhere Wink
My HTPC is on 24/7 so it updates at midnight, it used to work fine but the last couple of weeks it shows up incomplete or completely empty. When I do a manual update it is up to date again and everything is showing again. But for some reason at midnight it's timing out (see previous posts).

It would do good because you can set your own time to update so those servers aren't get hammered that much. As probably they will get hammered as tvrage api is being used by a lot of users and a lot of other applications. I just think that those server is having a hard time at midnight and that's why I it's timing out a lot. Wink

Any possibility for a fix now that we're at the start of the tv-season? After a month there is still no improvement, the addon is is failing to update at midnight because probably as I mentioned above the servers are being hammered by tons of users and other apps. (also manual)

I wouldn't mind setting another fixed time like in early in the morning to update, a feature like this would also release some pressure of those servers

RE: [RELEASE] TV Show Next Aired (Script) Addon - ronie - 2012-09-05

(2012-09-04, 21:48)RavenNL Wrote: Any possibility for a fix now that we're at the start of the tv-season? After a month there is still no improvement, the addon is is failing to update at midnight because probably as I mentioned above the servers are being hammered by tons of users and other apps. (also manual)

I wouldn't mind setting another fixed time like in early in the morning to update, a feature like this would also release some pressure of those servers

try this:
script.tv.show.next.aired-4.1.22.zip

update time is now configurable in the addon settings.

RE: [RELEASE] TV Show Next Aired (Script) Addon - RavenNL - 2012-09-06

(2012-09-05, 22:33)ronie Wrote:
(2012-09-04, 21:48)RavenNL Wrote: Any possibility for a fix now that we're at the start of the tv-season? After a month there is still no improvement, the addon is is failing to update at midnight because probably as I mentioned above the servers are being hammered by tons of users and other apps. (also manual)

try this:

Awesome!! Big Grin

I've installed it straight away an set a time early in the morning like 7am. Unfortunately I do not have any shows airing this week but some will start next week. I will test it out and let you know the outcome

thanks a lot! Smile

RE: [RELEASE] TV Show Next Aired (Script) Addon - gman3042 - 2012-09-07

perfection.. thanks ronie.. its great

RE: [RELEASE] TV Show Next Aired (Script) Addon - RavenNL - 2012-09-09

(2012-09-06, 20:45)RavenNL Wrote:
(2012-09-05, 22:33)ronie Wrote:

try this:

Awesome!! Big Grin

I've installed it straight away an set a time early in the morning like 7am. Unfortunately I do not have any shows airing this week but some will start next week. I will test it out and let you know the outcome

thanks a lot! Smile

Just to report back, it is working (i believe). I see in the debug log that it is kicking off at 7am in the morning. Although atm I don't have any shows airing so I didn't get any results. Most will start in 2 weeks.

RE: [RELEASE] TV Show Next Aired (Script) Addon - RavenNL - 2012-09-11

I'm not entirely sure if it's working properly. The last 2 days I didn't see any activity at 7am in the morning and when I opened the tv-guide it started to scan manually. Only once I've seen it kick off at 7am and that was when I mentioned it in the above reply.

Here is a logfile, its pretty big as I have debugging on for some days: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=8277

RE: [RELEASE] TV Show Next Aired (Script) Addon - ronie - 2012-09-12

(2012-09-11, 09:49)RavenNL Wrote: I'm not entirely sure if it's working properly.

you're right, and thanx for the feedback.

this one should do a better job:
script.tv.show.next.aired-4.1.23.zip

RE: [RELEASE] TV Show Next Aired (Script) Addon - RavenNL - 2012-09-12

(2012-09-12, 03:04)ronie Wrote:
(2012-09-11, 09:49)RavenNL Wrote: I'm not entirely sure if it's working properly.

Thanks, will test it again for the upcoming days and will report back Smile

RE: [RELEASE] TV Show Next Aired (Script) Addon - RavenNL - 2012-09-16

(2012-09-12, 18:55)RavenNL Wrote:
(2012-09-12, 03:04)ronie Wrote:

Thanks, will test it again for the upcoming days and will report back Smile

Been monitoring it and it looks like it's working fine, since this fix it has been starting at my desired time when I check the log files (atm I don't have any tv-shows airing but they will start in the upcoming 2 weeks).

RE: [RELEASE] TV Show Next Aired (Script) Addon - ronie - 2012-09-16

(2012-09-16, 10:18)RavenNL Wrote: Been monitoring it and it looks like it's working fine, since this fix it has been starting at my desired time when I check the log files (atm I don't have any tv-shows airing but they will start in the upcoming 2 weeks).

cool, thanx for letting me know :-)

RE: [RELEASE] TV Show Next Aired (Script) Addon - pelo1968 - 2012-09-18

I've been having an annoying issue. for most of the tvshows I watch I delete them after I watch the episode. Which means that for the most part my tvshow folders are almost always empty. I also use the "hideemptyseries" option in advancedsettings.xml to clean up my tvseries view ( I have about 30 shows that I watch, it makes for a long list).
I don'T know quite how to put this, but since "next-aired" addon only display shows that appear in TVseries view, it only shows me tvshow that have episodes in the folder. It would be a lot better for me if it would scan the source and use the folder names to make it's scan wether or not there are any episodes in them.
I hope I made sence. I've research for a way around this and found nothing. I'm hoping you can find a fix
(I just reread myself and I think my tone is a bit off, but I don'T know how to be more polite without making it more confusing)
thanks

RE: [RELEASE] TV Show Next Aired (Script) Addon - ronie - 2012-09-18

(2012-09-18, 01:18)pelo1968 Wrote: I've been having an annoying issue. for most of the tvshows I watch I delete them after I watch the episode. Which means that for the most part my tvshow folders are almost always empty. I also use the "hideemptyseries" option in advancedsettings.xml to clean up my tvseries view ( I have about 30 shows that I watch, it makes for a long list).
I don'T know quite how to put this, but since "next-aired" addon only display shows that appear in TVseries view, it only shows me tvshow that have episodes in the folder. It would be a lot better for me if it would scan the source and use the folder names to make it's scan wether or not there are any episodes in them.
I hope I made sence. I've research for a way around this and found nothing. I'm hoping you can find a fix
(I just reread myself and I think my tone is a bit off, but I don'T know how to be more polite without making it more confusing)
thanks

hmmm... i should already work like that.
next aired doesn't care if there's any episodes in the tv show folder or not.

all it does is get a list (from the xbmc database) of the tv shows in your library (empty or not),

provide a debug log of a fresh scan ( next aired addon settings > rescan tv guide data)
and give me a few examples of tv shows that should show up but are not listed.