Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] TV Show Next Aired (Script) Addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] TV Show Next Aired (Script) Addon (/showthread.php?tid=79493)

RE: [RELEASE] TV Show Next Aired (Script) Addon - ronie - 2013-02-23

(2013-02-23, 02:49)ppic Wrote: i would ronie, i would take it back, not enought time for know, i need to dive in python, seems it's long time no coding, bt i'm starting again .

hehe, no problem mate.
just let me know if / when ;-)

RE: [RELEASE] TV Show Next Aired (Script) Addon - phil65 - 2013-02-26

had a quick look, but since plot is not accessible by using their API it would require parsing the full website. not sure if that´s worth it.

RE: [RELEASE] TV Show Next Aired (Script) Addon - ronie - 2013-02-26

(2013-02-26, 20:09)phil65 Wrote: had a quick look, but since plot is not accessible by using their API it would require parsing the full website. not sure if that´s worth it.

not for me, but i'll gladly hand over the addon
and you can parse any website you like ;-)

RE: [RELEASE] TV Show Next Aired (Script) Addon - ppic - 2013-02-27

yes, i remember !
i'm using their API, easier :-D

i've found the way to get it, by parsing the site, there was two problem:
-name translation for the show to get the url
-ethic problem for me, they are freely giving acces to their DB by api, i don't want to harm them by parsing the website like that, better to request it to be available via the api.

RE: [RELEASE] TV Show Next Aired (Script) Addon - argh! - 2013-02-27

Would it be (easily) possible to add the Next Aired info to the Recently Added episodes list/window/screen/whathaveyou?

RE: [RELEASE] TV Show Next Aired (Script) Addon - ronie - 2013-02-27

(2013-02-27, 12:04)argh! Wrote: Would it be (easily) possible to add the Next Aired info to the Recently Added episodes list/window/screen/whathaveyou?

that would be a skin thing i guess.
the addon provides the info, it's up to the skin where to display it.

the recently added lit n the video library shouldn't be a problem i think,
but the recently added widget on the home screen would be difficult.

RE: [RELEASE] TV Show Next Aired (Script) Addon - argh! - 2013-02-28

Ya having it on the Recently Added screen, and not the Home Screen, would be peachy. I use T!. I know where to find the Label info, but I poked aroudn a bit for the .xml relatign to teh Recently added info, and I guess it ahs changed since Eden. (I use Frodo)

RE: [RELEASE] TV Show Next Aired (Script) Addon - ronie - 2013-02-28

(2013-02-28, 07:11)argh! Wrote: Ya having it on the Recently Added screen, and not the Home Screen, would be peachy. I use T!. I know where to find the Label info, but I poked aroudn a bit for the .xml relatign to teh Recently added info, and I guess it ahs changed since Eden. (I use Frodo)

Transparency! does show next aired info on the recently added screen.
select the fanart view and it should be there.

RE: [RELEASE] TV Show Next Aired (Script) Addon - argh! - 2013-03-01

Hm it does not show for me in any view on the Recently Added screen. The Next aired shows on my TV Shwos screens jsut fine.THough when I look in Fanart and Mediainfo. xml files, I can find no Lael for it...

RE: [RELEASE] TV Show Next Aired (Script) Addon - phil65 - 2013-03-01

@ronie: i adjusted the script to add all upcoming shows to home properties, not only the ones airing today.
what should be the way to add this? changing the default behaviour? (skinners could still choose to only show today´s shows by evaluating the today property)
adding it as a script option? or let the skinner choose by using RunScript(script.tv.show.next.aired,allshows=true) or something like that?

RE: [RELEASE] TV Show Next Aired (Script) Addon - ronie - 2013-03-01

(2013-03-01, 19:23)argh! Wrote: Hm it does not show for me in any view on the Recently Added screen. The Next aired shows on my TV Shwos screens jsut fine.THough when I look in Fanart and Mediainfo. xml files, I can find no Lael for it...

it's in Includes.xml, check the "NextAiredInfo" section.
mind continuing further troubleshooting in the Transparency! thread? ;-)

(2013-03-01, 21:29)phil65 Wrote: @ronie: i adjusted the script to add all upcoming shows to home properties, not only the ones airing today.
what should be the way to add this? changing the default behaviour? (skinners could still choose to only show today´s shows by evaluating the today property)
adding it as a script option? or let the skinner choose by using RunScript(script.tv.show.next.aired,allshows=true) or something like that?

making it a script option, so the user can decide what info they want to be shown would be preferable i think.
but i guess it would require all skins to update their code?

RE: [RELEASE] TV Show Next Aired (Script) Addon - phil65 - 2013-03-01

only way a) (change default behaviour) would eventually need updating skins. i guess that one is not an option then.
script option or parsing additional parameters in Runscript() wouldn´t break anything.

(2013-03-01, 22:37)phil65 Wrote: only way a) (change default behaviour) would eventually need updating skins. i guess that one is not an option then.
script option or parsing additional parameters in Runscript() wouldn´t break anything.

script option sounds good to me then, but please don't take my word for it.
if you prefer one of the other options, be my guest ;-)

RE: [RELEASE] TV Show Next Aired (Script) Addon - phil65 - 2013-03-14

...completely forgot about it:
i added the option (+ some more stuff) and also got two confirmations in nox subforum that it works.
i pushed it to my github repo:
https://github.com/phil65/script.tvshow.nextaired/commits/master
would be nice you cou could review that.
cheers