Kodi Community Forum
24p and audio sync issues - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: 24p and audio sync issues (/showthread.php?tid=80247)

RE: 24p and audio sync issues - torcar - 2012-05-03

@DDDamian: Ohh well :/

Anyways... I love ruling things out so it will be tested briefly juuuuust in case Wink

RE: 24p and audio sync issues - DDDamian - 2012-05-03

np - see note in post #193. FYI, I've never had this issue with stock XBMC or the AE branch, and I attribute it to the ATI HD6450 I use in my main rig. In tests it had one of the tightest 23.976hz clocks out of a dozen cards tested. If you get frustrated this $30 beauty is well worth trying.

RE: 24p and audio sync issues - Hoox - 2012-05-04

I got the same issue (I think).

All my 24p mkv files are off by approx. 125ms.
I stream them from an Unraid box using NFS.
Running Eden Final on a Zotac zbox AD10 with Windows 7 x86.

RE: 24p and audio sync issues - PsychoCheF - 2012-05-07

(2012-05-03, 15:05)DDDamian Wrote: @PsychoCheF - I might have to d/l that just for historical reasons Tongue What's changed since then? Are you serious?

Well a little serious, yes Smile
Isn't it a little strange that that old version handles audio sync and resume from sleep perfectly, and newer versions doesn't?
Same rig, same windows, just different installations of XBMC side-by-side running in portable mode.
So for that reason I think it would be interesting to se if this old version solves the problem for others.

Right now I'm trying XBMCbuntu, and it seem good so far. No audio issues yet.
The downside is of course that its Linux and its a freaking hell to configure Sad

RE: 24p and audio sync issues - torcar - 2012-05-08

I tested this weekend with a couple of movies running locally from the SSD and the result was the same as expected.

I'm getting my new M15HD2 today, so I will have to prioritize to set up that before continuing with the XBMC rigWink

I'm also interested in what PsychoChef finds... it's seems kinda backwards that the old versions worked better than the new ones on this matter;p

I'm also considering converting to XBMCBuntu, but... I don't want to ;/

RE: 24p and audio sync issues - PsychoCheF - 2012-05-08

(2012-05-08, 08:31)torcar Wrote: I tested this weekend with a couple of movies running locally from the SSD and the result was the same as expected.

I'm getting my new M15HD2 today, so I will have to prioritize to set up that before continuing with the XBMC rigWink

I'm also interested in what PsychoChef finds... it's seems kinda backwards that the old versions worked better than the new ones on this matter;p

I'm also considering converting to XBMCBuntu, but... I don't want to ;/

Also tried to put movies on my local disk, and as you say, same problem Sad

The old Babylon version doens't support HW accelation, since that implemented in xbmc it never has worked properly.
Did you tried the version i uploaded?

As for XBMCbuntu, quite easy to get started, almost impossible to tweak to perfection.
I'm struggling with Wake by remote, EDID info from monitor, DPI in Ubuntu desktop etc.
Dont know if I will keep it yet... but i will struggle a bit more before I give up.
If i give up i will try OpelElec instead.

RE: 24p and audio sync issues - torcar - 2012-05-08

"Good" to know that you experience the same problem when running from local disk.

I've not tried anything else yet... going to implement the M15HD2 before I do anything else.

I have also tried the latest AE-build and that helped a little, but not enough... and it crashed all the time so... no joy;p

RE: 24p and audio sync issues - torcar - 2012-05-09

Ok... so I could not resist to test a little more last night...

I found that if I playback using a fullscreen window instead of True Fullscreen... the audio-sync issue seems resolved. The backside is that the quality of the playback is poor due to tearing or something... (Not sure of the expression for this artifactWink

So... it's very tempting to conclude that the 24p audio delay problem is as simple as a bug in XBMC and not a problem with the rest of the setup.
24p playback works perfect in both Windows media player classic, VLC and in XBMC fullscreen window... and the rig can playback any mkv in perfect sync @60hz in XBMC... so... is it the right conclusion?

RE: 24p and audio sync issues - steelman1991 - 2012-05-09

Switching off vsync did it for me - but like you found with the switch to 'fullscreen window' it introduced 'tearing' rendering the file unwatchable.

RE: 24p and audio sync issues - robl45 - 2012-05-09

of course its a problem with xbmc, other software isn't perfect either but you can combine those with reclock.

RE: 24p and audio sync issues - torcar - 2012-05-11

And then... we wait... Wink

@DDDamian: Is there any realistic estimate as to when this bug will be fixed? Again... say the word if you need more logs etc...

RE: 24p and audio sync issues - steelman1991 - 2012-05-12

Try the 'nightly builds http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/win32/, the inclusion of the new Audio Engine build, seems to have solved my synch problems

RE: 24p and audio sync issues - torcar - 2012-05-14

The problem with the nightly's is that it usually brings other problems even if it fixes the problem in question Wink

Let's just hope this issue gets adressed and resolved as soon as possible now that it is apparent that a great number of users is affected.

RE: 24p and audio sync issues - sho - 2012-05-15

The problem with nightlies is that it is the basis of the next XBMC version.
If AE fixed this, you will never get a 11.0 Eden build that has the fix included.

RE: 24p and audio sync issues - torcar - 2012-05-15

AE did not fix it. The delay was slightly smaller, but still very much present.

Does anybody actually know what causes this bug or is it still under investigation?

All other players work just fine. The problem is linked only to XBMC...