Kodi Community Forum
24p and audio sync issues - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: 24p and audio sync issues (/showthread.php?tid=80247)

- iHateMemphiz - 2011-03-15

Experiencing it too on 10.1 with a Samsung LED

- Laquox - 2011-03-17

PsychoCheF Wrote:I'm going back to the beta-Dharma were i dont have this problem.
Agreed I have been having the same problem as the rest of this group and I had hoped 10.1 would fix my problems. Alas it did not. Weird thing: Does not do this in Beta 1, Beta 2, or Beta 4. However the problem is there in both RC, beta 3, 10.0 and 10.1
Babylon build as well does not present any problems when attempting playback.

- PsychoCheF - 2011-03-18

Laquox Wrote:Agreed I have been having the same problem as the rest of this group and I had hoped 10.1 would fix my problems. Alas it did not. Weird thing: Does not do this in Beta 1, Beta 2, or Beta 4. However the problem is there in both RC, beta 3, 10.0 and 10.1
Babylon build as well does not present any problems when attempting playback.

This is wierd.
The dharma beta fucked up also, so now ive been using an old babylon release.
But yesterday I started dharma (10.0) up again to demonstrate it to a friend, and there was no problem at all. Tried several different videos.
I start to think that this is somehow related to the problems people experincing when waking PC up from suspend mode...
That thread is quite like this, many have problems but no real sullution Sad

- monti - 2011-04-03

macrho Wrote:Experiencing it too on 10.1 with a Samsung LED

Exactly the same configuration and problem here. (And I'm on a Mac).

- Melzas - 2011-04-04

I am having this problem too, I have LG plasma and a Yamaha 767. ATI 5570 GPU on Windows 7 x64. Very frustrating! Aero is disabled.

- RobNJ - 2011-04-06

Pretty much registered just to follow this thread. Was excited to buy a 24p compatible tv (Sony Bravia, KDL55EX710) and then right away I noticed the audio sync issues. Newest Dharma, Windows 7 x64, ion chipset in my htpc with hdmi out, onkyo hdmi receiver. tried everything suggested in this thread.

- robl45 - 2011-05-01

Just started xbmc using 10.1 optical out, sync issues that sync to display don't seem to fix, 250ms,seems to do the job, but its only sd films it seems, and not all as I have one that is fine and 2 with the issue, hd seem fine. All 5.1 and mp4. Aggravating at any rate trying to figure if it needs audio offset. Oh win 7 x64. Amd x2 athlon and gt430

Oh without adjust display refresh checked at 60hz, no audio sync issues. I changed it to 23hz display in control panel and still same issue

Panasonic p50x1 plasma

- robl45 - 2011-05-01

i was watching a video today with adjust refresh rate on, and sync to display, was fine most of the tme, but then i noticed if I fast forward or rewind, i can get the audio out of sync when playing again, is it better to leave sync to display off?

- robl45 - 2011-05-01

seems all my audio syncs fine in all 24P except anything encoded xvid. that would explain why two standard def don't work, and one standard def does sync fine, its not xvid. is everyone here trying to use xvid? my x264 and avc1 videos are syncing fine, I know they are because I tried on the green hornet to set the .250 delay and it was very noticeable that it was now out of sync.

- dr99 - 2011-05-01

I have this problem and it only seems to happen on xvid like you said. I have to set it to 60fps and try to ignore the judder.

- robl45 - 2011-05-01

dr99 Wrote:I have this problem and it only seems to happen on xvid like you said. I have to set it to 60fps and try to ignore the judder.

i have another xvid file that i found that i'd like to try and confirm, unfortunately the computer isn't hooked up to the tv right now. but if its xvid, divx or whatever that is causing it, it would seem that a delay could be built in for those file types?

- liquidsmoke66 - 2011-07-16

Just FYI this thread came up in a search when I was trying to solve my problems with 24p playback. I have an ATI HD3670 Mobility, Digital optical out. I mainly play 720p and 1080p /mkv (264) files. I currently use MPC-HC which I get lip sync problems with on occasion, also VLC.

One thing I did notice the other day is that a restart of the machine solved sync in playback for a particular video file. Since then I have tried this method again; and it sometimes does work; but not usually.

Very annoying problem. Really hope someone fixes it!

- charlievoviii - 2011-08-30

Okie so my audio is out of sync so i uses Audio Clock and delayed to .200ms, it works great but my video would jump forward randomly ? Any fix/solution to this ? thanks

perfect 24p playback - Paulpoco - 2011-09-05

How do we get XBMC to the exact same thing as MPC-HC(MadVR,ffdshow aufio, CoreAVC, ac3config, reclock, etc)

With MPC-HC and all those codecs setup properly, I get perfect playback.

My LG only does 24p. XBMC isn't properly changing the video to 24p and adjusting the audio to be insync.

- meridius - 2011-09-05

Hi all

I have the same problem but it's strange as when watching a dts movie using my amp it's in sync and the it goes out ever so slightly then it corrects itself for a few min then ir goes out again and then corrects itself.

It's going in and out all the time in my movies, but when it does go out it's very very slight but u can just notice it.

I dint know what's causing this or how to correct it as it's going in and out, I just hope the new totally redesigned AE helps with all of this when it's finished and placed in the new xbmc as xbmc seems to be the only software that has these problems.

And the machine I am running t on is brand new and uses the ati 6570 whic wasapi hdmi out option in xbmc

Thank