Kodi Community Forum
24p and audio sync issues - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: 24p and audio sync issues (/showthread.php?tid=80247)

- steelman1991 - 2011-09-17

The reason for the cryptic clue is that the build is neither official nor supported at this time. The dev on the AE Branch has deliberately chosen not to offer binary builds, because of its developemental nature. However there are users who have sourced builds and are offering them openly. Search my friend is your friend. You certainly couldn't have searched very far - try bitstream No

- robl45 - 2011-09-17

I found the new version, running it now. Audio is alittle better but still not perfect. Xvids are missing frames like crazy where a h264 misses like 3 frames. I would say that seems to be the problem

- robl45 - 2011-09-17

Nothing in aac will play on new version, only dolby digital. Any ideas on that? Playing just fine now on old one. Plus side is xvid seemed to work decently. Minus is I have to switch between versions.

- clubwerks - 2011-09-17

robl45 Wrote:Nothing in aac will play on new version, only dolby digital. Any ideas on that? Playing just fine now on old one. Plus side is xvid seemed to work decently. Minus is I have to switch between versions.

Not sure if we're using the same or similar versions, but I'm using the version that will bitstream DTS-HD MA and TrueHD. You might try checking the volume slider in the menu while the aac video is playing. I had a similar problem. The slider comes set to 0.0 db. It cannot be adjusted with the keyboard either, only the mouse. Sliding it all the way to the right to 1.0db fixed the problem for me. When I first installed it, I got no sound from any format below Dolby Digital.

- robl45 - 2011-09-17

Thanks, I actually figured it out a little after posting. You can use the volume keys on xbmc android remote, at least that is how I did it

- clubwerks - 2011-09-17

robl45 Wrote:Thanks, I actually figured it out a little after posting. You can use the volume keys on xbmc android remote, at least that is how I did it

I was pulling my hair out. I could actually get the arrow key to move it to 0.2, but that's it. The lightbulb finally went on about three days later and I tried the mouse.

- Skram0 - 2011-09-18

I have this issue too for almost a year now. I'm just reluctantly living with it by setting my audio to a permanent delay of 150ms. Works pretty close to almost everything I watch which is usually played at 24p anyway. Sometimes I have to increase or decrease by 50 or so. I also set a button on my remote for quick direct access to the audio adjustment. One press for the audio setting.

Would be nice for AE to finally fix this issue that's probably been plaguing XBMC since it was first created?

- robl45 - 2011-09-18

It seemed better but still not perfect. Its about same as when I manually delay it.it looks like audio is in sync but its just not quite right. Hard to explain exactly.

- Skram0 - 2011-09-18

robl45 Wrote:It seemed better but still not perfect. Its about same as when I manually delay it.it looks like audio is in sync but its just not quite right. Hard to explain exactly.
Have you tried + or - 25? I wonder if there's some type of dynamic shift going on.

- OffCentre - 2011-09-18

I tried the newer hd audio build and I can't say a/v sync is any better for me. The only way I can get it to work (in both the newer build and in 10.1) is to make sure "fullscreen window instead of true fullscreen" is enabled but then I get tearing along the bottom half of the screen. I have 'adjust refresh rate' and 'sync playback' enabled in XBMC as well as forcing vertical sync in NVIDIA control panel.

Also when fullscreen window is enabled, alt-tabbing to my desktop doesn't work properly, XBMC steals focus rather annoyingly.

- robl45 - 2011-09-18

OffCentre Wrote:I tried the newer hd audio build and I can't say a/v sync is any better for me. The only way I can get it to work (in both the newer build and in 10.1) is to make sure "fullscreen window instead of true fullscreen" is enabled but then I get tearing along the bottom half of the screen. I have 'adjust refresh rate' and 'sync playback' enabled in XBMC as well as forcing vertical sync in NVIDIA control panel.

Also when fullscreen window is enabled, alt-tabbing to my desktop doesn't work properly, XBMC steals focus rather annoyingly.

i don't have use fullscreen window feature enabled, I tried that earlier on the old build and it didn't work any better for me.

I have sync audio with video drop/dupe audio set. along with hardware accelaration and sync refresh rate to display. gt430 card and using optical for sound.

- robl45 - 2011-09-18

Skram0 Wrote:Have you tried + or - 25? I wonder if there's some type of dynamic shift going on.

i didn't try that. I could try it another time and see if its any better. it is almost like the sound is soft, I turn it up to a volume louder than it should be and then its better, but its just not quite right. I know its something with xvid movies as avc, and h.264 movies do not exhibit this problem.

- Wanton - 2011-09-21

I've used xbmc for windows on many different computers and there are sync issues with everyone of them with 24p (and missed count increasing rapidly). All computers had NVidia display adapters.
Only way to watch 24p smoothly on these computers is to install linux dual boot and use xbmc under linux (I used ubuntu desktop).

- robl45 - 2011-09-24

does xbmc use 23hz for 24P playback or 24hz? nvidia should be using 23hz at least on the latest drivers, but I can't tell if its doing that. i tried switching straight to 23hz and disabling autofresh, but it still looked the same on the OSD.

and all my audio now seems to somehow be upmixing to DD 5.1 whether its 2 channel or not, at least 2 channel Mp3 is definately doing that. I thought xbmc uses its own codecs? I uninstalled and reinstalled klite codecs to fix some other stuff and it seems I messed up a setting.

- robl45 - 2011-09-25

tried again last night, even with the new audio engine build, xvid/divx movies just aren't quite right.