Kodi Community Forum
HOW-TO synchronize your XBMC Media Center between every room in the house: Lifehacker - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Tips, tricks, and step by step guides (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=110)
+--- Thread: HOW-TO synchronize your XBMC Media Center between every room in the house: Lifehacker (/showthread.php?tid=80829)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

- orons - 2011-05-16

I'm running this setup plus shared Thumbnails. The only problem i have is when i delete a series from my library the next time i'm updating the library the deleted series return (without episode, just the series info).
Any ideas why?

Oron

- Xenomes - 2011-05-16

Is the directory tree also deleted? I personally delete the show after watching and then create a empty file with the name of the delete file. (So i can see which shows i already seen.)

- clambert - 2011-05-16

aptalca Wrote:My question is, does the mysql library get accessed by xbmc ALL the time, or does it get loaded and cached the first time, and not get accessed again unless xbmc changes something??

It gets accessed all the time. Nothing is cached. You can test this by removing your network connection. You'll see nothing is available to you if you have no network. Everything is empty.

I have yet to share the thumbnails. It's something I have been meaning to do but haven't just had the initiative to sit down and do. But I do share the db and highly recommend it.

- aptalca - 2011-05-17

clambert Wrote:I have yet to share the thumbnails.

Might be a stupid question to ask, but what happens when the database is updated with a new movie added and your computer doesn't have the thumbnails?

Does it not show thumbnails or fanart? How do you update them then?

(I guess if your metadata is stored in the media folders, they could be retrieved, but I don't store any metadata with my media)

- clambert - 2011-05-17

aptalca Wrote:Might be a stupid question to ask, but what happens when the database is updated with a new movie added and your computer doesn't have the thumbnails?

Does it not show thumbnails or fanart? How do you update them then?

(I guess if your metadata is stored in the media folders, they could be retrieved, but I don't store any metadata with my media)

It shows a distorted piece of a screen capture the thumbnail. I use Media Companion, however, for controlling my fanart & thumbnails. If there is a problem with the art, I just do a manual refresh and it's displayed like I want.

- deefortyone - 2011-05-29

Ok, so my log shows that my htpc is connecting to the sql database on my server. TV Shows are now there...however if I start a show on one pc pause it the go to another it just starts from the beginning. Am I doing something wrong?

Edit...if I mark something as watched on one it does show watched on the other, so they are communicating

- tboooe - 2011-05-29

For me pausing doesn't work. You have to stop the tv show/movie.

- mdewyer - 2011-06-01

Has anyone had an issue of duplicates?

I have my media (movies and TV) on a WHS, and have two XBMC (Dharma) Win7 machines. I've tried this a handful of times, and it seems like over the course of a few days, duplicate movies and/or TV episodes start displaying.

To start, I remove the sources from both machines, run the Clean Library option, manually empty (truncate) the MySQL tables, and then add the source back to one of the machines. I let it fully add all the items (it still seems to want to scrape info, even though I have .nfo and image files). Anyhow, they display properly, and seem to be in the database correctly. Then, I add the source to the other machine and let it go through its thing. At this point everything seems to be fine. But, a day or two from that, I'll start to get duplicates.

Right now it's my movies, and I have about 300 duplicates listed. I went into the database and looked up a movie that was being listed twice, and the info in the "movie" table is the same, but in the "path" table, one is correct, and the other points to a totally different movie. Something's obviously getting messed up somewhere, and I was wondering if anyone has run into this, or has any suggestions. All paths in the database are in this format:

smb://WHS/DVD/Training.Day(2001)/VIDEO_TS/

- mwkurt - 2011-06-02

mdewyer Wrote:Has anyone had an issue of duplicates?

I have my media (movies and TV) on a WHS, and have two XBMC (Dharma) Win7 machines. I've tried this a handful of times, and it seems like over the course of a few days, duplicate movies and/or TV episodes start displaying.

To start, I remove the sources from both machines, run the Clean Library option, manually empty (truncate) the MySQL tables, and then add the source back to one of the machines. I let it fully add all the items (it still seems to want to scrape info, even though I have .nfo and image files). Anyhow, they display properly, and seem to be in the database correctly. Then, I add the source to the other machine and let it go through its thing. At this point everything seems to be fine. But, a day or two from that, I'll start to get duplicates.

Right now it's my movies, and I have about 300 duplicates listed. I went into the database and looked up a movie that was being listed twice, and the info in the "movie" table is the same, but in the "path" table, one is correct, and the other points to a totally different movie. Something's obviously getting messed up somewhere, and I was wondering if anyone has run into this, or has any suggestions. All paths in the database are in this format:

smb://WHS/DVD/Training.Day(2001)/VIDEO_TS/

I have had duplicates of my TV Shows show up but I think that I know why. I had tried updating the database on more than one machine at a time. This, I think, caused the duplicates to show up. Is there any chance that more than one of your systems was updating the database at the same time?

Mark

- mdewyer - 2011-06-02

mwkurt Wrote:I have had duplicates of my TV Shows show up but I think that I know why. I had tried updating the database on more than one machine at a time. This, I think, caused the duplicates to show up. Is there any chance that more than one of your systems was updating the database at the same time?

Mark

That definitely sounds plausible. MySQL inserts normally only take a few milliseconds, though, so I'm not sure why it would have issue. But, that sounds like a reasonable explanation. Maybe I'll disable automatic library updating on the one machine, and see if that does anything. Thanks!

- mwkurt - 2011-06-02

Yeah..you only need to update one machine in your network for all of the others to see the new movie/tvshow.

Mark

- mdewyer - 2011-06-02

Is it ok to run the Update Library option on the other machine, when a new file comes through and the other machine hasn't added it yet?

- mwkurt - 2011-06-03

I'm not exactly sure what you are asking but as I said, You only have to run update on one of your machines in your network for the file to be added to the database and be seen by the rest of your XBMC installations.

Mark

- HarryRosen - 2011-06-11

I have set everything up properly I think, but i can' set content and scan my items into the library, am I missing something?

Issues with shared thumbnails... - clambert - 2011-06-12

Xenomes Wrote:For everyone using this guide, there is a addon to it for sharing Metadata and Thumbnails data.
See this guide from step 3.

Now I have Mysql and thumbnails stored on 'Windows Home Server' and connect it with 1 'Ubuntu' and 2 'Windows 7' XBMC's Machines.
So if 1 of the machines update the Library, its updated for all machines!!
It works perfectly Big GrinBig Grin

I decided to try and share the thumbnails and see how be the lag is. If it's too bad, I'll just revert. I started with my XBMC Live Ubuntu install.

At any rate, I ran into an issue at this point:

Actual Instruction:
//192.168.0.201/Media/Thumbnails /media/thumbs cifs guest,uid=1000

As It Applies to Me:
//192.168.3.10/Thumbnails /media/thumbs cifs guest,uid=1000

When I do a mount -a (the next instruction in the tutorial), I get the following:

Code:
root@XBMCLive:/home/clambert# mount -a
[mntent]: warning: no final newline at the end of /etc/fstab
mount error(13): Permission denied
Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g. man mount.cifs)

Any ideas? The Thumbnails share on my WHS (192.168.3.10) seems to be fine.