Kodi Community Forum
HOW-TO synchronize your XBMC Media Center between every room in the house: Lifehacker - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Tips, tricks, and step by step guides (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=110)
+--- Thread: HOW-TO synchronize your XBMC Media Center between every room in the house: Lifehacker (/showthread.php?tid=80829)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

RE: HOW-TO synchronize your XBMC Media Center between every room in the house: Lifehacker - dmeinder - 2012-10-30

Quick question regarding syncing with SQL.....

Do all the XBMC installations have to be identical? As in, same add ons, same skin etc?

Thanks for the help

RE: HOW-TO synchronize your XBMC Media Center between every room in the house: Lifehacker - snelvuur - 2012-10-30

No they dont have to be, see my post (3 posts back) about wanting to have skins/addons perhaps the same asking for more info.

RE: HOW-TO synchronize your XBMC Media Center between every room in the house: Lifehacker - Gulliver - 2012-11-02

Hello,

I'd like sharing MySQL database at this time used by Eden (MyVideos60) with Frodo (which try using MyVideos70).
Do these databases have the same schema ?
Is it safe to let Frodo updating MyVideos60 to MyVideos70 ?
I want to be able to go on using Eden and a synchronized database...

Thanks a lot in advance for any advices !
Best regards.

RE: HOW-TO synchronize your XBMC Media Center between every room in the house: Lifehacker - jwdv22 - 2012-11-02

Gulliver,

From my understanding if you are doing MySQL sharing you have to be on the same release.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW-TO:Sync_multiple_libraries/Advanced_notes

RE: HOW-TO synchronize your XBMC Media Center between every room in the house: Lifehacker - Gulliver - 2012-11-02

Hello,

well, I don't undertand.
What does tell that in this page ?
Thanks.

RE: HOW-TO synchronize your XBMC Media Center between every room in the house: Lifehacker - snelvuur - 2012-11-02

You answered yourself "I'd like sharing MySQL database at this time used by Eden (MyVideos60) with Frodo (which try using MyVideos70)"

Which means, different database... so no you cant have frodo update eden, or other way around. You can however run them both at the same time, although you would have 2 different versions in your database (but is not synced)

RE: HOW-TO synchronize your XBMC Media Center between every room in the house: Lifehacker - protocol77 - 2012-11-03

i have a problem with the new alpha 7 snapshot i have setup mysql deleted my previous eden databases and install alpha 7 on two htpc's i have added advancedsettings.xml to both and i have also added sources.xml to both now to test if it will update no matter which machine is on i started a scan of a tv shows folder about 5 shows in i stopped then shutdown that machine then started the other one and set it to scan for new content on startup and it brought up the scanning for new content windows when i started it but after about 30 seconds it dissapears without updating anything new or continuing on scanning the tv shows folder for additional content

i want it to be able to detect and scan any new content into the database no matter what machine i am using so then when i go to use the other machine it is up-to-date with the one i was previous using

i had this working in eden i didn't even have to add a sources.xml to the second machine because it store all the thumbnails on my server it would just look there for them but as frodo is storing thumbnails locally it have the issue i think where it thinks there is nothing new because the other machine isn't turned on

RE: HOW-TO synchronize your XBMC Media Center between every room in the house: Lifehacker - Diggs - 2012-11-05

Need some assistance with this, again. Anyway to determine that xbmc is able to connect to mysql?

I installed Windows 8 on my main HTPC (clean install) and after doing so realized that is where my install of mysql resided. So, got the idea to just run XBMC on my main PC with mysql since it is always on and has better specs. Still have 2 HTPCs so running 3 total installs of XBMC. I also did the speed enhancement steps for mysql from the wiki this time, which I didn't do previously. However, when I update the library on my PC the HTPCs are not showing the updated library results.

Which or where should I start troubleshooting this? I am sure there are log files that would tell me if there is an error, but not even sure where to start. Should I look at the XBMC logs or the mysql logs? Can I test the connection between xbmc and mysql in some way? I assume currently each HTPC is pulling the data from the sources and not mysql. I don't think I missed a step, this is my second attempt at this and last time all worked well with the oddness with my touchpad refusing to connect after the mysql install.

TIA

RE: HOW-TO synchronize your XBMC Media Center between every room in the house: Lifehacker - Diggs - 2012-11-05

(2012-11-05, 04:00)Diggs Wrote: Need some assistance with this, again. Anyway to determine that xbmc is able to connect to mysql?

I installed Windows 8 on my main HTPC (clean install) and after doing so realized that is where my install of mysql resided. So, got the idea to just run XBMC on my main PC with mysql since it is always on and has better specs. Still have 2 HTPCs so running 3 total installs of XBMC. I also did the speed enhancement steps for mysql from the wiki this time, which I didn't do previously. However, when I update the library on my PC the HTPCs are not showing the updated library results.

Which or where should I start troubleshooting this? I am sure there are log files that would tell me if there is an error, but not even sure where to start. Should I look at the XBMC logs or the mysql logs? Can I test the connection between xbmc and mysql in some way? I assume currently each HTPC is pulling the data from the sources and not mysql. I don't think I missed a step, this is my second attempt at this and last time all worked well with the oddness with my touchpad refusing to connect after the mysql install.

TIA

Never mind, and sorry. Messed up with setting up MySQL from the wiki, didn't include the ; at the end of both of these.
CREATE USER 'xbmc' IDENTIFIED BY 'xbmc'; and press return
Type in: GRANT ALL ON *.* TO 'xbmc';

updating now.

RE: HOW-TO synchronize your XBMC Media Center between every room in the house: Lifehacker - jaja714 - 2012-11-06

(2012-10-06, 21:36)IAmNotAUser Wrote:
(2012-10-06, 19:52)b15nut Wrote: This is going to my weekend project Big Grin I have a question about the changes to the xml file as far as my sources are concerned. The wiki shows:
First, find all: E:\Media\

Replace with: SMB://serverIP/Media/

Now my setup includes multiple drives with the same folder names (H:\Movies, I:\Movies, etc, Same for TV Shows. So for my replace with am I going to use SMB://ipaddress/H/Movies or SMB://ipaddress/movies?

Thanks for the help.

Windows won't let you share each folder with the same name. So you'll probably end up with /movies1, /movies or /hmovies, /imovies depending on what you name the shares.

This didn't address b15nut's question. Is it (A) SMB://ipaddress/H/Movies or (B) SMB://ipaddress/movies?

Re: HOW-TO synchronize your XBMC Media Center between every room in the house: Lifehacker - pumkinut - 2012-11-06

Yes, it did answer the question. You cannot have multiple shares with the same name on a Windows machine. You will need to give the shares different names, and then map the share names in XBMC. What the Windows drive letters are is irrelevant, unless you make that part of the share name. I suggest you read up on Windows smb sharing.

RE: HOW-TO synchronize your XBMC Media Center between every room in the house: Lifehacker - malibu327 - 2012-11-12

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW-TO:Sync_multiple_libraries/Alternative_and_video_guides

I updated and put a video guide on how to do this easily. Hope this helps. I'm no expert. I messed up my pc and had to re do my library and decided to make a video so I dont forget how and so others could do it the easy way. It's only with setting it up on Windows 7. Good luck.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Sf4eNVaDkc

RE: HOW-TO synchronize your XBMC Media Center between every room in the house: Lifehacker - Ned Scott - 2012-11-12

nice!

RE: HOW-TO synchronize your XBMC Media Center between every room in the house: Lifehacker - sufreak - 2012-11-12

I've posted this elsewhere, but I'm stuck. I think I missed a step. I got my DB up and running. On a new install, I updated the advancedsettings.xml file, and when I restarted XBMC, the media all came up, sans artwork. I never set up the sources.xml file, but everything was still able to play, so I thought everything was fine otherwise.

Unless I go to each movie file, (or TV show folder) I cannot get the artwork to load. All my movies have NFO files, artwork, etc in the folders, but nothing scrapes properly. Not even new content added.

Should I restart the whole setup and add the sources.xml when I updated advancedsettings.xml?

RE: Sorry if this is the wrong place - MorituriMax - 2012-11-22

(2010-11-04, 23:03)jwdv22 Wrote: I have setup Mysql server with this article
http://www.lifehacker.com.au/2010/09/how-to-sync-your-xbmc-media-centres/
I made sure user xbmc has DBDesigner rights as well, but I am getting this error on PC where the db and media are local. XBMC instance is dharma beta4 and a clean install. When I right click on Movies source and do a set content, Moviedb , run scan, ok. Nothing happens. Set content again and it is blank.
16:44:40 T:632 M:1749446656 DEBUG: Mysql execute: insert into path (idPath, strPath, strContent, strScraper) values
(NULL,'\\\\homeserver\\Media\\TV Shows\\','','')
16:44:40 T:632 M:1749446656 ERROR: SQL: Undefined MySQL error: Code (1142)
Query: insert into path (idPath, strPath, strContent, strScraper) values
(NULL,'\\\\homeserver\\Media\\TV Shows\\','','')
16:44:40 T:632 M:1749422080 ERROR: CVideoDatabase::AddPath unable to addpath (insert into path (idPath, strPath, strContent, strScraper)
values (NULL,'\\\\homeserver\\Media\\TV Shows\\','',''))

Same error trying to insert 9 (2009) from G:\media\movies\9 (2009)\

Ideas? Thanks

I have a couple of issues with this:
1. What if I am starting from scratch and have no video or music libraries, will it update after doing this and THEN adding media or should I have my media already in place?
2. Should I create all the profiles first and THEN do this?
3. Basically, should I get XBMC set up on the first machine and then run the setup with MySQL and so on?